2009 Revisited

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ramrod

Reserve Grader
This season reminds me of 2009.

Off season activities over-shadows and mars the following season's preparations for back to back titles.

- on/off enthusiasm.
- injuries and unavailability of key players.
- previous off field dramas.
- stability.

The players have to get their minds back on the job.

Forget that we were head-hunted by the Titans or their forward passes were ignored by the Refs, we just weren't in it tonight.

I thought Vic played well until he got smacked on the head.
Matai always looked dangerous and puts in 100%.

As a team, kicking game was terrible, ball handling & ball security were park football standard, enthusiasm was way down, and we commit the greatest football crime - we didn't do the basics and complete our sets.

Ramrod said:
This season reminds me of 2009.

Off season activities over-shadows and mars the following season's preparations for back to back titles.

- on/off enthusiasm.
- injuries and unavailability of key players.
- previous off field dramas.
- stability.

The players have to get their minds back on the job.

Forget that we were head-hunted by the Titans or their forward passes were ignored by the Refs, we just weren't in it tonight.

I thought Vic played well until he got smacked on the head.
Matai always looked dangerous and puts in 100%.

As a team, kicking game was terrible, ball handling & ball security were park football standard, enthusiasm was way down, and we commit the greatest football crime - we didn't do the basics and complete our sets.

On paper the Titans are a good team, Unfortunatley tonight they played on a different page to us.

Utility Player said:
On paper the Titans are a good team, Unfortunatley tonight they played on a different page to us.

Good, but nothing overly special. Old players in key positions. Unfortunately we caught them when 3 of their top players had their best games of the year (Prince, Bird, Minichiello).

They handled us fairly comfortably to be honest. Their back row completely dominated. Skinner is unfortunately not 1st grade material. Lussick continues to be a myth.

We did lack alot of enthusiasm tonight. We played very sloppy footy, and the titans played well (however they did get away with highway robbery with offsides and passes).

I dont think we are playing as bad as 2009. We have done alright considering our circumstances with injuries and suspensions.

Forgot to add, poor defence. A few bad miss tackles.

Also, a couple of kids are not yet full-time first graders, but a couple of them are very promising and shows talent.

So I guess you gotta blood them sometime.

Both Jamie's were good and always puts in the effort. Must be the name. :dodgy: :D

--

2009 was a bit of a disaster, but there was plenty of good signs as well. That team did hang tough for most of the year and did an excellent job to finish 5th considering the start and off field distractions, it was only the Eels and the once in a life time form of Hayne and St Choke which got us eliminated in the first week of the finals.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6