2009 - Game at Gosford

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DVS Matt

Bencher
Received a letter from the club today saying that our round 20 home match against the Knights has been moved to Gosford.

I guess we need to do these things if the money is tight and the ground developments are looking shakey at best.

Might be the thin end of the wedge if current rumours are to be believed. Letter signed by one S. Penn as well, just to add to the conspiracy.

Chip & Chase link said:
Might be the thin end of the wedge if current rumours are to be believed. Letter signed by one S. Penn as well, just to add to the conspiracy.
dont be an idiot it was done for one reason only they are paid to take a game there.

I remember last year Mayer came out and said that 2008 was the end of our deal with Gosford and we wouldnt be back there after that.

Maybe he isnt squeaky clean either

If the Penns were hell-bent on taking Manly to the Coast then those photos of them walking around in "Brookie Forever" T shirts are going to come back and haunt them.  In reality Mayer and Scott Penn have been working hard for 2 years to get the funding required for Brookvale.  I haven;t seen Max Delmege and Philip Deans etc out lobbying for the cause, have you?

The reason for this relocation is simple and brilliant.  It attract a horde of dimb-witted Knoights supporters to come and spend their hard-earned for our profit.  You could almost call it our revenge on them for 1997.

Nothing will ever erase 1997.  Good for you Mata for taking such a strident stand supporting the Penns, but a few T-shirts won't convince me of their sincerity.  I don't walk around alongside Max these days to check his attire but I do remember his involvement saving us when all looked gorn.  I didn't see the Penns then.   

Having just received the letter I note this decision of the Board was unanimous - probably the only unanimous decision to come out of that infamous Board Meeting!

Matabele link said:
It attract a horde of dimb-witted Knoights supporters to come and spend their hard-earned for our profit.  You could almost call it our revenge on them for 1997.

Knights fans having money..

Surely you jest..?

Gruggy link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=179195.msg207354#msg207354 date=1234905407]
It attract a horde of dimb-witted Knoights supporters to come and spend their hard-earned for our profit.  You could almost call it our revenge on them for 1997.

Knights fans having money..

Surely you jest..?
[/quote]  They spend their dole on beer and football.  Housing Commission pays people to live there, they don't have to find the rent.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6