2007 Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Downie

Reserve Grader
Yeah, I got bored and had nothing better to do than speculate. However, I'll put a restriction on this one: only allowed two new players into the team (outside from Manly).

1. Brett Stewart

2. Michael Robertson/Paul Stephenson (Depends how each go during the off-season and the rest of the year. In my opinion, though, Steppa has a better try scoring ability and is better under the high ball (both are great though) so I'm leaning towards him)

3. Steven Bell

4. Jamie Lyon (Signing #1)

5. Chris Hicks

6. Travis Burns (Been going great guns this year, and will have an easy job of simply supplying the ball to Bell, Lyon and Menzies)

7. Matt Orford

8. Jason King/Mark Bryant

9. Michael Monaghan

10. Roy Asotasi (Signing #2)

11. Anthony Watmough

12. Glenn Stewart (Can make 50 tackles a game and offers more in attack than Willow, could become a Hindmarsh like player)

13. Steve Menzies

14. Steve Matai (With him on the bench, every backline position is covered (say, if Burns is injured, Lyon 5/8th, Matai Centre). However, I'd use him in the second row as say a Dean Widders-esque player, he can both tackle and run hard, and having him in the middle of the paddock will take out his occasional bad decision in defence)

15. Matt Ballin/Brent Kite (Depending if Monaghan can go the 80 or not. If he can, Kite in who can cover second row and prop. May also be better utilised off the bench as well. Ballin could also be used in the second row as well)

16. Jason King/Mark Bryant

17. George Rose/Adam Cuthbertson/Brent Kite (depending on the #15 jersey)

No, he's guaranteed in the starting 17, however if we sign a decent prop such as Asotasi next year, I wouldn't mind seeing him start from the bench. He's fairly versatile, able to play both second row and prop and therefore could offer more from the bench. I also believe he'd have more of an impact off the bench then say King or Bryant, both of whom could be of better use in the first 15 minutes or so. Against the Warriors at Brookie last year, Kite came off the bench and was probably our best on the field, making 150 metres or so.

Sometime players add more to the game coming from the bench (see Dunley with his dummy half scoots). I believe Kite could become one of these players, moreso than our other props anyway.

Kite not a guaranteed spot, you are taking the piss?

LOL the blokes in the Test Squad and has played Origin yet you bracket him with a bloke whos never played first grade, and pick one of King or Bryant ahead of him.

you have a serious judgement problem of football talent. If we have Kite and Asotasi as you speculate, both King and Bryant will have permant seats on the bench.

Asotasi will be going to the rooters to replace morely.

Would rather have creagh instead of Glenn Stewart.

Where are Dunners, willo and witt? Souths maybe?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4