2006 is Manlys 60th year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
What merchandise and special events would you like to see the club organise for this special year?

Is it also an opportunity to push the club forward with merchandising and a successful era on and off the field.

I'm surprised nothing official has been released yet. You never know, the club may issue something in 2007.

They won't forget. Just may not be proactive around the marketting approach to the whole thing.

Maybe a Jersey will come out, and it will cost $350+, and 3 will be sold.

Get my drift?

maybe they wont count the Nth Eagles years, if so Manlys 60th year anniversary is a couple of years away.

Please it will be the 60th year from inception. They would be stupid not to count the NE. Whether we like it or not it's still part of our history and NE was ARKO'S baby anyhow.

I'd like to see:
1. The best players over the last 60 yrs hand out the '06 players their jerseys on opening game day at Brookie, position by position. How good would it be seeing Paul Vautin give BK his jersey, or Bozo giving Bell his jersey!
2. Commemorative jersey from 1947.
3. Celebrate special matches against those teams, ie against GF opposition, etc.

Good stuff Crusher. I like those ideas.

I'd like to see another DVD featuring history etc. like the '96 one. With the NE saga attached.

Special jersy's, shirts etc

Books and Magazines.

I dont recon they'll count the NE years, they dont in any of the stats for players games played / points scored for one club. :drunk:

It's 60 years of HISTORY it has to be counted.

It would be like Austalia wiping out the Keating years from history because he f-d the country up.

Further to crushers idea why not have theme days for each home game - 12 home games in a year you could have the Manly Greats for half (a decade a game say week one 47 - 56 etc) then you could use the other weeks to celebrate the grand finals we have won or even an arko week.
Make each week a theme - merchandise to that as well

60th anniversary tea towels & tea spoons. It works for the Royal Family!

From Manly Daily

Manly are banking on a favourable draw when the 2006 NRL competition schedule is released early next month.

The Sea Eagles hope a number of their requests are met as they make plans to celebrate their 60th season.

``We have got a few things in place and the NRL are very amenable to our plans,'' Manly CEO Pat Wilson said last night. ``We'll be in a position to elaborate on those plans once the draw is out.''

Lets see if the club was reading this thread ;)

Diamond earings and souvenier rings may be appropriate - hey Byso whats with the dancing man in your sig is that Mata and his light sabre lol

No, it's just Byso going around in circles as usual. :lol:

Great ideas about ex-players giving out jerseys but Bozo and Fatty won't appear in the same room together sadly. Won't happen!!!

Bozo's son is less likely as that is what the feud started over anyway!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4