2006 - Here's the door

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
2006 - Here's the door

Nutz, I don't 'hate' dessy as a coach, I just think he's bereft of ideas and wants the team to be clones of himself, decent, hardworking, tough, ordinary players. We need more than that from all of them to win any silverware in this modern game. Who I do really 'hate' is our illustrious forwards coach, Roach. Can you honestly defend his position? He's a dinosaur, always was, always will be.

2006 - Here's the door

Nutz, I don't 'hate' dessy as a coach, I just think he's bereft of ideas and wants the team to be clones of himself, decent, hardworking, tough, ordinary players. We need more than that from all of them to win any silverware in this modern game. Who I do really 'hate' is our illustrious forwards coach, Roach. Can you honestly defend his position? He's a dinosaur, always was, always will be.

agreed- fingers crossed he gets punted!

2006 - Here's the door

Yeah, i'm no roach fan either... Loves the tiges too much and that's fair enough... he's a meathead and his passion lies elsewhere

2006 - Here's the door

Rose has shown some talent and promise, but because he doesnt fit the prototype player these days either look like one by losing some beef or piss off ? Not in my opinion, he is going fine as he is, could lose some weight if he wants, but at the moment the extra weight is a problem for defenders, coz they cant grip his guts hehe, and he has good speed for his size

I crossed Rose off my Christmas card list after the Newcastle Final where he was seriously exposed in defence.

No good him making 10 metres average for 5 hit-ups a game (going good) when he leaks 3 tries at the other end.

2006 - Here's the door

Everyone is entitled to a bad game, especially rookie players. No point crossing him off after 1 bad performance, better to work on the problem with him (wheather we have a coach with those skills is another topic).

2006 - Here's the door

Will he ever be capable in defence though?

He has been fine until that Newcastle game... the worlds best player showed him up a couple of times.... so kill the bloke?? :roll:

2006 - Here's the door

As Nutz said, was capable for 95% of the year so dont see why it cant happen again

We all saw how Gasnier was made to look a fool last week, as was King in return, but they are still capable of defence

2006 - Here's the door

I wouldnt be surprised if Rose steps up a gear in 07.

He did this year compared to previous efforts at the rorters and I think now he has a sniff he might go all out in the off season to improve weight and movement to the point he is better defensively.

He could very well go the other way and swallow a few herds over summer, but my money is on him taking the wake up call and working hard. Hope im right because we are going to bloody well need him.

2006 - Here's the door

These are the following players I'd like to see flung out the door during the off season - never to disgrace our fine jumper again:

Monaghan
Dunley
Williamson

The Jim Beam Cup probably has more talent that that un illustrous list above.
No real secret this week, but he is such a disgrace that Monas has just been announced as winner of the game's highest award for services to the community, the Ken Stephen medal . This was from a very hot field of great accomplishments.

Well done Monas :clap: :clap: :clap: Make sure you shut the door on your way out :roll:

2006 - Here's the door

Dean won it in 2004 and was nominated again this year. Monas has been working with schools for handicapped kids starting in Canberra and with a local school (the spelling defeats me) and roped in all sections of the club to help.

2006 - Here's the door

Here are the details on the award:
Monaghan was one of eight nominations presented to the NRL Board for the 2006 award and his work with physically and mentally disabled children at the Arranounbai School in Frenchs Forest, Sydney, was judged to be exceptional.

His association with the school includes working with the children and assisting in rehabilitation and he and his Manly teammates have raised $35,000 towards purchasing a bus for the school.

2006 - Here's the door

thank god you guys arent coaching.

Wow we made the finals.. were in the top 4 for most the year.. ran out of steam.. and lets kick out half the team.

Great stuff.

Congrats on the award Monas.

Only ones need to go is Dunley.. the rest are useful for depth purposes.

2006 - Here's the door

Monas should go along with Dunley and Williamson and then look at Hasler,he isn't up to it.And Crusher can go as well he's only really produced Jamie Lyon as a Big name signing

2006 - Here's the door

Yeah, I agree. In this day and world of the salary cap, it really is easy to continuously buy star players like Kennedy, Kite, Bell, Orford and Lyon, right? Hell, I don't think "The Beek" would be satisfied until we've got the Australian team as our starting 17, and then the others who played Origin for depth purposes.

I can easily see The Beek replacing Des next year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6