20 -20 cricket - hot or not?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
How good was it.

That was fantastic, a great thing to watch

It was good entertainment value. It would have been a great event if the south africans hadn't put up such a lame display with their bating.

Yeah I enjoyed watching although it was a dead match once the Africians lost 2 early wickets.

Over and done with in a few hours & plenty of action - top stuff

Unfortunately I didn't see the Australian innings and the South African plodders were very uninspiring.

Not (from what I saw).

its a good lead in to a series.

i thought braken and lewis won the game in their first few overs - that was awsome bowling given the situation.

I agree Byso I dont think Bracken and Lewis could have been bettered, their bowling was spot on.

I am a definite yes, but in the same capacity as Fluffy, as in a good warm up to a 50 over series. The best thing is that it also gives you a chance to blood some young guys.

It also sharpens all aspects of your game, your range of strokes has to increase, your bowling has to be spot on and the fielding last night from both sides (with the exception of the two drop catches) was sensational.

It was also good to see and hear both captains when they were a bit more relaxed. I think Graeme Smith is a great bloke and was extremely professional given the situation, especially when he dropped the catch and then the commmentators gave it to him.

I thought the ability to chat to the captains whils ton the field was a superb addition to the tv game

cornflakes cricket.

fun to watch but nobody will give 2 farts about the result, or even remember it in 2 weeks time.

and there were a hell of a lot more than 2 dropped catches.

But it is fun to watch

i dont care about the result, but that doesnt matter, it was like watching the footy, fun and entertaining. Anything to get my mrs interested in the game

Name them Fro. Two sitters that I can recall and two very difficult chances. Apart from that the fielding was superb.

chatting to the captains was great

its all in fun - like the celeb cricket matches they used to have where fatty took that ****en catch

Martyn Dropped a dolly, Smith dropped a sitter, Dippenaar had one and it slipped out. Kruger and Zondeki also dropped 1 each, although they may be the 2 difficult ones you are referring to, international players should have caught both of them

Kruger and Zondeke are hardly international players Fro. They were fill ins at best. Dippenaar isnt too crash hot either.

Kruger is supposed to be the new rising fast bowler coming out of SA, he came on the test tour as the project player to get experience.

Zondeki has been around on the fringes of their team for a couple of years now. From memory hes played half a dozen tests and a dozen or so ODIs

and Dippenaar is usually an Automatic choice in the SA one day side, he only missed the test deries due to injury or would more than likely have been in their squad. He would be close to 100 ODIs

by your rationale Lewis is not an international player as he hasnt played much internationally.

so following that argument to its logical conclusion if Lewsi is not an international player and could take the catch he did last night, the other 2 are fringe players and should have also been able to do it.

IMO if you are playing international cricket you must be reasonable at the game and able to catch at the very least. (except for Bangaldesh and Zimbabwe, they are a completely different kettle of fish)

My point was that in general, the fielding was great. Apart from two very easy chances that were put down.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6