2 Backrowing wingers,a Kite and a Hotrod rolled Melbourne flat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Eagle

First Grader
Im going to start with i told you so,2nd and today WAS our 1st final

Now to the game

The game started off with a facepalm moment from the better fullback.....i cant imagine what the hell he was thinking....

Anyway after the dropout and ensuing storm set with good defense then insane amounts of attack straight off the bat,resulting in one of the stranger tries of the year,personally i was shocked Matai didnt score it...actually he should have had all 3 of tonights tries with his weird ****

As we all know the Wolf got injured in a seemingly innocuous tackle,i cannot see how he was injured so im hoping its a pinched nerve,it was very strange but may also be tendonitis (I have it in the right elbow,sometimes it does give shooting pain especially if i happen to fully extend or straighten my arm during bowling)

Then there was the all important and frightening fight,i dont remember a brawl in a club game like that for a very very long time,the strangest part for me was Gift belting the **** out of Blair,Also im not sure that he was bitten but i presume Blair was whispering in his ear,I would expect the Melbourne club and bench to be in more trouble for coming onto the field of play to join albeit stop a fight,i expect Harrigan/Raper to review it and say sorry for giving Gift 10 minutes in the 1st place,he just tried to break it up and that was not a punch in my honest opinion

Hincliffe should get a few weeks for his elbow as should Blair,Gift may miss a week for grade one or perhaps with -60 points in his favour that could very well not end up as a suspension,also Blair pushed him before a punch was thrown

As the game wore on there was a growing sensation that melbourne had came to the game,used the entire playbook and tried to get around a 12man team albeit with a 12 man team and just....failed miserably

Our tries were as i said strange and not any kind of real plays,just freakish **** that happened,this is a slight worry to me but it seems as if we arent using set plays at this moment so this isnt to bad of a sign

Player Ratings

Snake - 6 - Was solid without being brilliant,was probing till i suspect he felt something,jogged off so im very hopeful

Robbo - 8.5 - Was dependable all night,done an awesome hit Matai seems to have taught him a thing or 2 about knocking 7 shades of **** out of a bloke,Was moved to fullback and did not disapoint

Lyon - 7 - Another solid game from our club captain,put in a beautiful kick for Forans try although wasnt quiet as his best

Matai - 6 - didnt have his usual impact in attack but his defense was undeniable,also glad he didnt get involved in swinging a few,we will need him

Wolfman - 6 - Gametime sees his score be this low,was a major threat whilst on the field,pressured Slater bigtime almost resulting in a try,perhaps should have tried to grab the ball

Foran - 7.5 - Finally he has came back from his mid season hiatus,was ominous in attack and awesome in defense

DCE - 6 - Wasnt up to the standard of his last 2 games,that said he is still a 1st year rookie and i think melbourne targetted him a bit for this one

Rose - 7 - Played very well all night,solid in both attack and defense,i cannot fault him on tonight

Ballin - 7.5 - Guided the pack well and stole easy metres,he is definately building for this finals series

Kite - 9.9 - Would have been perfect but had a knock on,80 minutes and i dont need to see the blokes stats to tell you this was the best game he has had in the last.....well im not sure if he has ever played this well,His attack was FINALLY running hard like a prop should,passed once or twice not every second touch and defended with aggression

Choc - 7 - Solid enough game but i still expect more from a bloke of this calibre,he can do so much more

Hotrod - 9.5 - He wasnt Channel Nine's man of the match for no reason,he had a great game,even threw a pass which is rather rare,his bust up the guts was awesome and his defense mostly on song,those who were calling for him to go back to NSW cup should give themselves a good uppercutting

Gift - 6 - Shortest game he has played since making grade perhaps,i loved the way he belted 7 shades of **** out of Blair,not only was he defending a teammate,he was defending our youngen,i cannot fault him for this as its what good leaders do and personally i think was very unlucky not to be named co-captain over King

Lussick - 9 - Shaded barely by a few other forwards this bloke did it all tonight,didnt back down like most rookies do when a fight is picked,i hear he will be in universal soldiers next installment and will actually kill Van Damme's character once and for all,his attack was with drive and his defense was nothing short of brutal,he did everything asked of him

Bhurer - 7.5 - Was great out on the wing,didnt do much but didnt do much wrong either,he gets this score for playing far out of position

T Rex - 7 - Played his best game on the wing,but scores under Bhurer due to not coming in and looking for work,this bloke seriously is not a winger,he outweighs all of our props......still scored 2 tries albeit very opportunistically

Joe - 8 - Was knocked to disneyland early on and somehow allowed to rejoin the game,perhaps because he didnt come straight off,anyway this bloke is seriously the best cheapest forward any club has ever bought,seriously underrated by souffs and Parra,it figures that we're 2nd and they are 9th and 16th respectively,see not in the finals

Ref Jnr - Needs a good kick in the sack for a few calls
Ref Snr - Needs to get a bigger kick to the sack,for listening to jnr
Vid Ref - Cannot fault him,finally they didnt screw the pooch on a call

Crowd - Amazing,even the 2 melbourne fans were cool,loved screaming all night at those grubby stinky mexicans,especially reminding Slater that he is infact an owner-operator of the highest order

I think Melbourne's premiership hopes have just went down the toilet today,Cronk would not have stopped that bash up

I think our premiership hopes should still be on track,suspensions and injuries willing,personally i dont think either will be 2 much of an issue with both Hopoate being back in week 1 of the finals,Oldfield ready to go and a foray of back rowers to choose from,if worst comes to worst our team looks something like this for the remains of the season (IE Worst case scenario)

1 Hopoate
2 Robertson
3 Lyon
4 Matai
5 Oldfield
6 Foran
7 DCE
8 Rose
9 Ballin
10 Kite
11 Watmough
12 Rodney
13 Bhurer

14 Lussick
15 Joe
16 Robinson
17 Harrison

18 Cunningham

Guys,that is not a **** team and definatly a good chance against any team if they are switched on,have faith in Des for he is our lord and saviour and i believe....that bloke can see the matrix and show people how to unlock it

This is from a man who is very sober and thinking clearly - great post. I'm inspired by your prognosis... and yes, we still have a premiership winning team ready for the finals, because Des has prepared enough players on standby to not merely fill in the gaps but to punch through holes.

Hey Eagle - Great title....

I love reading other people's opinions on how the players fared.
I was too excited watching my team thrash The Scum!
Nice work.

Lyon was outstanding a 9 at worst I am not sure we watched the same game. Matai and foran were also outstanding. However, u were spot on with Rodney he has been gradually building his form.

Kite 9.9 rating is it me or did he look like he was running in slow motion.Can't imagine he's metres gained couldn't have been much surely.

The Eagle said:
Im going to start with i told you so,2nd and today WAS our 1st final

Now to the game

The game started off with a facepalm moment from the better fullback.....i cant imagine what the hell he was thinking....

Anyway after the dropout and ensuing storm set with good defense then insane amounts of attack straight off the bat,resulting in one of the stranger tries of the year,personally i was shocked Matai didnt score it...actually he should have had all 3 of tonights tries with his weird s**t

As we all know the Wolf got injured in a seemingly innocuous tackle,i cannot see how he was injured so im hoping its a pinched nerve,it was very strange but may also be tendonitis (I have it in the right elbow,sometimes it does give shooting pain especially if i happen to fully extend or straighten my arm during bowling)

Then there was the all important and frightening fight,i dont remember a brawl in a club game like that for a very very long time,the strangest part for me was Gift belting the s**t out of Blair,Also im not sure that he was bitten but i presume Blair was whispering in his ear,I would expect the Melbourne club and bench to be in more trouble for coming onto the field of play to join albeit stop a fight,i expect Harrigan/Raper to review it and say sorry for giving Gift 10 minutes in the 1st place,he just tried to break it up and that was not a punch in my honest opinion

Hincliffe should get a few weeks for his elbow as should Blair,Gift may miss a week for grade one or perhaps with -60 points in his favour that could very well not end up as a suspension,also Blair pushed him before a punch was thrown

As the game wore on there was a growing sensation that melbourne had came to the game,used the entire playbook and tried to get around a 12man team albeit with a 12 man team and just....failed miserably

Our tries were as i said strange and not any kind of real plays,just freakish s**t that happened,this is a slight worry to me but it seems as if we arent using set plays at this moment so this isnt to bad of a sign

Player Ratings

Snake - 6 - Was solid without being brilliant,was probing till i suspect he felt something,jogged off so im very hopeful

Robbo - 8.5 - Was dependable all night,done an awesome hit Matai seems to have taught him a thing or 2 about knocking 7 shades of s**t out of a bloke,Was moved to fullback and did not disapoint

Lyon - 7 - Another solid game from our club captain,put in a beautiful kick for Forans try although wasnt quiet as his best

Matai - 6 - didnt have his usual impact in attack but his defense was undeniable,also glad he didnt get involved in swinging a few,we will need him

Wolfman - 6 - Gametime sees his score be this low,was a major threat whilst on the field,pressured Slater bigtime almost resulting in a try,perhaps should have tried to grab the ball

Foran - 7.5 - Finally he has came back from his mid season hiatus,was ominous in attack and awesome in defense

DCE - 6 - Wasnt up to the standard of his last 2 games,that said he is still a 1st year rookie and i think melbourne targetted him a bit for this one

Rose - 7 - Played very well all night,solid in both attack and defense,i cannot fault him on tonight

Ballin - 7.5 - Guided the pack well and stole easy metres,he is definately building for this finals series

Kite - 9.9 - Would have been perfect but had a knock on,80 minutes and i dont need to see the blokes stats to tell you this was the best game he has had in the last.....well im not sure if he has ever played this well,His attack was FINALLY running hard like a prop should,passed once or twice not every second touch and defended with aggression

Choc - 7 - Solid enough game but i still expect more from a bloke of this calibre,he can do so much more

Hotrod - 9.5 - He wasnt Channel Nine's man of the match for no reason,he had a great game,even threw a pass which is rather rare,his bust up the guts was awesome and his defense mostly on song,those who were calling for him to go back to NSW cup should give themselves a good uppercutting

Gift - 6 - Shortest game he has played since making grade perhaps,i loved the way he belted 7 shades of s**t out of Blair,not only was he defending a teammate,he was defending our youngen,i cannot fault him for this as its what good leaders do and personally i think was very unlucky not to be named co-captain over King

Lussick - 9 - Shaded barely by a few other forwards this bloke did it all tonight,didnt back down like most rookies do when a fight is picked,i hear he will be in universal soldiers next installment and will actually kill Van Damme's character once and for all,his attack was with drive and his defense was nothing short of brutal,he did everything asked of him

Bhurer - 7.5 - Was great out on the wing,didnt do much but didnt do much wrong either,he gets this score for playing far out of position

T Rex - 7 - Played his best game on the wing,but scores under Bhurer due to not coming in and looking for work,this bloke seriously is not a winger,he outweighs all of our props......still scored 2 tries albeit very opportunistically

Joe - 8 - Was knocked to disneyland early on and somehow allowed to rejoin the game,perhaps because he didnt come straight off,anyway this bloke is seriously the best cheapest forward any club has ever bought,seriously underrated by souffs and Parra,it figures that we're 2nd and they are 9th and 16th respectively,see not in the finals

Ref Jnr - Needs a good kick in the sack for a few calls
Ref Snr - Needs to get a bigger kick to the sack,for listening to jnr
Vid Ref - Cannot fault him,finally they didnt screw the pooch on a call

Crowd - Amazing,even the 2 melbourne fans were cool,loved screaming all night at those grubby stinky mexicans,especially reminding Slater that he is infact an owner-operator of the highest order

I think Melbourne's premiership hopes have just went down the toilet today,Cronk would not have stopped that bash up

I think our premiership hopes should still be on track,suspensions and injuries willing,personally i dont think either will be 2 much of an issue with both Hopoate being back in week 1 of the finals,Oldfield ready to go and a foray of back rowers to choose from,if worst comes to worst our team looks something like this for the remains of the season (IE Worst case scenario)

1 Hopoate
2 Robertson
3 Lyon
4 Matai
5 Oldfield
6 Foran
7 DCE
8 Rose
9 Ballin
10 Kite
11 Watmough
12 Rodney
13 Bhurer

14 Lussick
15 Joe
16 Robinson
17 Harrison

18 Cunningham

Guys,that is not a s**t team and definatly a good chance against any team if they are switched on,have faith in Des for he is our lord and saviour and i believe....that bloke can see the matrix and show people how to unlock it
SORRY but that team will not win the title, we at least need glenn. s that bench is not good enough and what happens if there is more injuries??????

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
Kite 9.9 rating is it me or did he look like he was running in slow motion.Can't imagine he's metres gained couldn't have been much surely.

Great observation, just a measly 168m from 19 hit ups

The Eagle said:

where were you sitting?
i had 2 storm supporters (ladies) near me who never shut-up. i even offered to find them other seats!

castle eagle said:
The Eagle said:

where were you sitting?
i had 2 storm supporters (ladies) near me who never shut-up. i even offered to find them other seats!

I was under the paint side on the 20metre line, was standing on the rating till the fun police stepped in, our 2 melbourne fans were guys, perhaps father and son from melbourne city

Fulton menzies end

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4