$2.5m/season on 3 players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can't wait until I can say "remember those days" about these days and look back wistfully and tell the youth that they don't know how good they have it

Human nature Dan for us humans to reminisce positively about the past and forget the negatives. Tomorrow's Sea eagle supporters may well reflect on this time as that great period when Manly re-emerged as a dominant force. Always exciting to watch your team climb the ladder step by step each year. My best memories were sitting on the Hill watching a Manly side improve each year getting closer and closer to that elusive first premiership between 1965-71. Tennant, Hannigan, the Yakich brothers, Stanton, Batty, Jones, Hamilton, Day, Veivers, Bradstreet, Martin...and of course the emergence of Fulton, Eadie, Randall and Krilich. Great days.

DCE 700ish
Tom T: 250 - 350 (with incentive to go higher, he is still fresh and raw and has a lot to prove and learn and thus far has shown glimpses but nothing amazing)
Jake: 300 -350 still a young forward solid good work rate but not among the best in the game.

I'm probably a bit lean on jake but it's early in his career Tom will be worth more in the future but at the moment he is an above average player but not a super star
Dan the trick is to assess then not for what they have achieved till now, but on what they will do, and therefore be worth - next year, the year after, and the year after that (and that's for a 3 year deal).
It's predictive.
And although we Silvertails posters are generally infallible, real recruitment officers are reduced to employing a system of educated guesswork.
And it doesn't always work out the way it was hoped!!

Dan the trick is to assess then not for what they have achieved till now, but on what they will do, and therefore be worth - next year, the year after, and the year after that (and that's for a 3 year deal).
It's predictive.
And although we Silvertails posters are generally infallible, real recruitment officers are reduced to employing a system of educated guesswork.
And it doesn't always work out the way it was hoped!!

Certainly didn't for the Nate Myles contract !!

Unfortunately, DCE did not play like a million dollar man last season. Signing him, or anyone for that matter, for 10 years is madness.
Tom Turbo was our most influential player last season - the only one who had us on our feet when he touched the ball. I'm happy for him and Jake to get big money for the next three years.

I agree with the T Men reaping the spoils. But lets not underestimate DCE. Last year he played for much of the year injured, he was our only play maker and so was the focus of all defence especially on the last tackle, and he had a most ineffective backline but for Lyon (when he was there), Walker occasionally when at centre, and a one legged TT. It ended up a very ordinary backline to feed. The forwards were better and potentially top line, but so many were out injured and the structure was unsettled for most of the year.

If Manly can keep near its best side on the field next year, with Green at 5/8, DCE will look much better and Manly will be in the 8. What we had in '16 was an injury disaster, and teams going through such a problem with injuries, especially to their core of players, inevitably end up also rans

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6