1998 Jersey flegg grand final teams

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

Interesting to see how many of these 2 teams progressed to first grade. The sucess rate is very low.

Norths
1. Wes Tillot
2. Nick Bradley
3. Scott McLean
4. Wade Kelly (c)
5. Erin Wignell
6. Mark Miller
7. Joel Penny
8. Grant Schubert
9. Ho Kei Lau
10. Mark O'Meley
11. Kurt Hancock
12. Jason Stubbs
13. Jamie Fitzgerald

14. James King
15. Shane Ward
16. Adam Tippett
17. Liam Cassidy
18. John Griffin
19. Adam Moore
20. Dane Morgan
21. Ryan Gregory
22. Steven Hales
23. Corey Jaeger
24. Mathew Pink
25. Murray Dell

Coach: Keiren Dempsey

Parramatta
1. Colum Halpenny
2. Ben Hill
3. Lenny Beckett
4. Luke Burt
5. Nathan Cross
6. Gavin Wardle
7. Anthony Maroun
8. Scott Geddes
9. Wade Le Strange
10. Adam Wheeler (c)
11. Wes Maas
12. Mitchell Sargent
13. Jay Bandy

14. Lee Grant
15. Brett Sargent
16. Jason Cayless
17. Jason Power
18. Tony Robinson
19. Chad Robinson
20. James Zahra

Coach: Shane Flanagan

North Sydney 28 (Shane Ward 2, Mark O'Meley, Erin Wignall, Wes Tillott tries; Scott McLean 4 goals) defeated Parramatta 12.

It just goes to show how few people from the lower grades make the grade. All those people dissing Crusher take note. O'Meley is the player of note, two other regular first graders here, and a few journeyman lower graders and the rest - who?????

My point exactly.

You could put up any flegg or PL team over the past 100 years and there wouldn't be more than a couple of players from each team who have actually gone on the make a name for themselves in first grade.

Even young players who play for NSW rarely go on to make first grade. I think manly has had a few of these over the years and where are they now? Wasn't Jordon macey one of these? Meaney is another one.

what an interesting post!!

the best flegg teams and except for omeley hardly any of them set the world on fire

i kept manly juniors sg ball matts finals from 2003 and 2004 and will post in in a new thread for all to see!! some big surprises

Looking at the Parra side, Luke Burt, Geddes, Chad Robinson on the bench are all 100+ gamers, so that's not a bad start.

And I can't believe everyone is overlooking the best player from those two teams - Jason Cayless! I mean, is it a different player? Or are you all just not recognising his name.

And Cayless and Robinson were on the bench for Parra.

I wonder if it is the same mitchell sargent that just signed with the knights?

Some famous names from the northern eagles days - Bradley. McLean, Penny

interesting reading looks a bit like the nrl 2005 winners west tigers . how many of their players cant make state of origin or australian teams. Just because your team wins the comp it doesnt make you the best players.
would be interesting to know where todays nrl players have come from if they havent come through jersey flegg/ pl

I wonder if it is the same mitchell sargent that just signed with the knights?

Yes it is

for mine i'd list the sucessful players as

Cayless
O'Meley
Burt
Robinson
Geddes
Sargent

It just goes to show how few people from the lower grades make the grade. All those people dissing Crusher take note. O'Meley is the player of note, two other regular first graders here, and a few journeyman lower graders and the rest - who?????

It's great on BOTH sides of the fence isn't it Canteen. Easier I guess to subtly push your agenda's. LoL

[quote author=Canteen Worker]

It's great on BOTH sides of the fence isn't it Canteen. Easier I guess to subtly push your agenda's. LoL
[/quote]
Not sure what you mean Ryan - my posts are consistent and I have no set agendas, preferring to call it as I see it. I do think that whilst BK is a big loss it is better to wait for the right player than to cast doom and gloom all over the countryside. (No Premiers one day - wooden spooners the next from me!)

My point and that of the original poster is that identifying talent and seeing it to first grade is not easy, is very hit and miss and it takes time. If it was easy we would do it. You don't get a CEO by picking first year cadets and promoting them straight away.

Patience my friend.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4