1995-97, 2007-08 or 2011-12 team?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Cameron said:
The only thing ridge has over Brett is goal kicking. Both in attack and defense Brett is superior.

The thing you have to put in to perspective is the 1995-97 squad for the domination only got the job done once. Where as the players who were there in 08 and '11 have done it twice.

I think Snake isn't as good under the highball as he used to be. Prior to getting injured the first time he was immaculate under the bomb, he's dropped a few in recent times and even decided not to go for some. Ridgey was pretty much rock solid for his entire career under the bomb.

I rate the 95-97 team the best out of the three.

Napper said:
Crusher_Cleal said:
The 95-97 team was rightly known for its insane defence, but they sure could score a try or five when needed!
For what it's worth:
1. Stewart
2. J.Hopoate
3. Lyon
4. Hill
5. Robertson
6. Lyons
7. Toovey
8. Carroll
9. Ballin
10. Gillespie
11. Kosef
12. Beaver
13. Stewart
Res: Watmough, Gartner, King, Hasler
Don't feel Foz & DCE have done enough yet to get in the above.

I'd go with Chris Bailey on the bench over Hasler

Might be hard now:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5g183r0X2FemF0PgYCBJhyeZB0w9w?docId=N0231701337592253167A

Masked Eagle said:
Cameron said:
The only thing ridge has over Brett is goal kicking. Both in attack and defense Brett is superior.

The thing you have to put in to perspective is the 1995-97 squad for the domination only got the job done once. Where as the players who were there in 08 and '11 have done it twice.

I think Snake isn't as good under the highball as he used to be. Prior to getting injured the first time he was immaculate under the bomb, he's dropped a few in recent times and even decided not to go for some. Ridgey was pretty much rock solid for his entire career under the bomb.

Ridgey had the same influence that Ben kennedy bought to Manly. He was every bit as important to Manlys long term success as kennedy. He hated losing, had a massive influence over the team and was a rock. an orgainiser and a tactical genius. He reinvented fullback play and consistently found new ways of defying a team a scoring opportunity. He was always the last player on the field to knock off,

Stewie has more flair and is really good, but ridgey was better

jbb/james said:
Masked Eagle said:
Cameron said:

Ridgey had the same influence that Ben kennedy bought to Manly. He was every bit as important to Manlys long term success as kennedy. He hated losing, had a massive influence over the team and was a rock. an orgainiser and a tactical genius. He reinvented fullback play and consistently found new ways of defying a team a scoring opportunity. He was always the last player on the field to knock off,

Disagree mate. I can't split them defensively, they are both rock solid at the back. However, IMO, Stewart gets the nod for his far superior attack. The only part of Ridgey's game that is better than Brett's is his kicking.

bones said:
jbb/james said:
Masked Eagle said:
Cameron said:

Disagree mate. I can't split them defensively, they are both rock solid at the back. However, IMO, Stewart gets the nod for his far superior attack. The only part of Ridgey's game that is better than Brett's is kicking.

Thats cool, its just persoanl opinions
Ridgey was the first 5/8 fullback
Ridgey was the first real organisational fullback
Ridgey was better in defence.Only Garry Jack was as good as ridge defensively He also had to do less, as the manly forwards were scared of letting players through or he would be up them
Ridgey was better under the high ball and was the tactical kicker

Stewart is faster and plays the game the way ridge evolved it.. Just my thoughts. He also has the modern touches, brilliant hands, and a deft pass, but all fullbacks do that now, not as good as brett though

ridge is to fullback what benny was to hookers. Like elias or hate him he changed the way hookers play and got them a massive pay increase

Ridge was always in the **** for pushing the barriers and rules.

I loved when we went through a stage of him place kicking for touch off penalties...

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2