15 Things NRL has to fix

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I really love great defense.. The powers that be have told me that I really want high scoring games..

Who am I to argue!

I really love great defense.. The powers that be have told me that I really want high scoring games..

Who am I to argue!

Yet everyone raved about the defence of both teams when the Rorters beat us 4-0 in the semi's in 2013. Everyone loved that game because it had great defence from both sides. It wasn't a boring game by any stretch, it had spectators on the edge of their seats.

But apparently we all love games where the scoreboards resemble cricket scores (though not scores by the current Aussie test team.....o_O )

While I agree with the article, one of my biggest beefs is the 'water boy' situation. Having watched a fair few of Brisbane's games on Nein it astounds me that Allan Langer is on the field during a game longer than most of the Donkeys forward pack (other than Parker). Seriously, he's out there for over an hour each game. And while he's carrying the water bottles its plain as day that he's actually out there coaching the side around the park. Hunt and Milford, good players that they are, are being made to look better because they have a multiple premiership, Origin and test winning halfback out there basically coaching them through a game, telling them when and where to run, where to pass and where to kick. Take away Alfie's on-field influence and how would they go? I'm not saying they'd be hopeless, but I doubt they'd be anywhere near as dominant as they have been at times this year.

That and forward passes, especially from dummy half. Some like Matty Ballin rarely throw it forward from dummy half. Others like Isaac Luke rarely throw anything but a forward pass. Yet game after game players get away with it, often with the referee standing right in line with it.

Oh, and as an old prop I hate the way scrums are now. Front rowers at first receiver (5/8 to us mere mortals), fullbacks at lock. Get it back to where the only ones packing into a scrum are actually those playing in the forwards. And for god sake can someone teach players how to bind in a scrum. If he was alive Andre the Giant could walk a path through some of the scrums and not get touched. Players are so intent on getting out of the scrum quickly that all they do is stick their heads in. And please don't get me started on halves feeding the ball at the second rowers or locks feet........

Last edited:
As an ex 2nd rower I always remember kicking the ball back to the other team in a scrum anyway, didn't matter which way the half put the ball in...I always thought the halves were the brains of the team..Surely it was always in the middle.

What the fans want, loosely translated means what's best for the television product. Its never been about us fans.

This is 100% on the money.

The biggest issue is that what the fans want; what builds the crowds and creates the atmosphere; flies in the face of what the broadcasters want.

So who do you appease ? All together now as one.....bend over.

The most annoying thing is to hear nuffies like Smith and Greenturd talk about improving the experience for the fans. What a load of crap. All they care about is how much they get from Nein and Fox.

If they cared about the fans, they'd schedule more games at 2:00 and 3:00 in the afternoon. Not on a freezing cold Monday or Thursday night.

They'd spread things evenly. So what if the Donkeys aren't playing on Friday night. Geez I'm glad I don't live up there and have to watch them every week.

They need to abandon ANZ. 15000 people in an 80000 seat stadium is ridiculous. Save it for special days like say Easter Sunday when matches like Souffs v Scumdogs can be played with maybe Tigpies v Parra as a double header with the first game kicking off at 2:00. You'd get 60,000.

Imagine if everyone did what the networks wanted and stayed home to watch it on TV ? The NRL wouldn't have a leg to stand on. They let it happen. It's their pandering to Gyngel and his mates that allowed it to happen. Crowds are down and they'll continue to fall. Nothing is surer.

Seems like everyday the Nrl are giving money to this charity, that charity. Red nose day, green nose day. Stop pandering to every charity and give more money to the clubs. Without the clubs there would be no money to give to anyone.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6