# 14 for Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who should be our #14?

• Weekes

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Lawton

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Gordon Chan Kum

Votes: 34 57.6%
  • Morgan Boyle

Votes: 2 3.4%

• Total voters

XV-1

First Grader
I think last night against Souths reinforced how important hooker is in nrl rugby league.

Personally I don't see Weekes as being the answer as part tine hooker replacement at 14 when Croker is stuffed. It's also stunting Weekes development as an outside back.

Seibold needs to decide whether to bring Lawton or Gordie onto the bench to support Croker and add value overall to Manly being a better team.

Yea i made a post about this a week or so back, GCKT has to be at minimum 14 by the end of the year. He's our long-term plan for number 9, he's an out-and-out hooker and has looked comfortable in the four games he's played against real men this year, albeit 2 trials and 2 reserve grade games.

Unfortunately don't know where this leaves Weekes because long term we can't carry them both on the bench, way too light.

Watched GCK yesterday for Blacktown.
I'm not convinced,,,,,,,yet.

I would love for Humphreys or Fainu to step up to halfback once the current big $$$$ contract for DCE expires at the end of this season, and we can move Cherry to his rightful position of dummy half.

He should have been moved to #9 years ago, but not on that contract value.

We need something extra from DH, so it probably has to be Gordie.

Seibs said in the presser Frog was expected to play next week, so he starts, Gordie comes in at 14, (pending the player transfer business) can’t not have a back up DH, playing with two DH’s in any case is the best option anyway.

So Weekes, Lawman, where to? I think there’s a solid case to play Lawman at 13, has high energy and good defence, brings a better dynamic to our pack, we need the mobility, speed and energy he brings, JA goes to the bench in the rotation or earns his way back as a starting middle.

Weekes, is the tuff one, I hate the fact his not able to focus on a preferred position (somewhere in the backline) and be given a chance to build his game, his speed, his support play, too much potential to be left out or used the way he currently is.

14 Gordie
15 Bully
16 Middle
17 Middle

We need something extra from DH, so it probably has to be Gordie.

Seibs said in the presser Frog was expected to play next week, so he starts, Gordie comes in at 14, (pending the player transfer business) can’t not have a back up DH, playing with two DH’s in any case is the best option anyway.

So Weekes, Lawman, where to? I think there’s a solid case to play Lawman at 13, has high energy and good defence, brings a better dynamic to our pack, we need the mobility, speed and energy he brings, JA goes to the bench in the rotation or earns his way back as a starting middle.

Weekes, is the tuff one, I hate the fact his not able to focus on a preferred position (somewhere in the backline) and be given a chance to build his game, his speed, his support play, too much potential to be left out or used the way he currently is.

14 Gordie
15 Bully
16 Middle
17 Middle
And always in the back of your mind is the inevitable injuries that usually come our way more often than not, but so far so good. Weeks adds the wild card option in every position he plays, happy with this situation atm.

Absolute waste on the wing! Replaces Parker at centre.
As good as Parker is and ultra competitive
Weekes could give Manly that bit of extra pace X factor
You could compare it to Koula , Koula was regarded as fullback but has excelled in the centres was some doubt about his defence but has been strong. With Weekes could be the same result

Gordon Chan gets my vote
But at 14 rotation with Croker until Gordon gets more up to the pace of 1st grade

As good as Parker is and ultra competitive
Weekes could give Manly that bit of extra pace X factor
You could compare it to Koula , Koula was regarded as fullback but has excelled in the centres was some doubt about his defence but has been strong. With Weekes could be the same result
I don't know what parker has to do to get people off his back. He's without doubt up with our best every week.

Wasn’t the storm carrying Pap and Brandon Smith on the bench for a bit there. Said it in another thread we have three props on the field at all times as keppie and Aloai both play 13. That leaves Bully, Paseka and Jake. For mine that’s plenty of size. You could def carry Gordie in 14 and possibly either Weekes or Lawman in the bench as well. Either teams have played around with that. Especially if you have a middle like Jake who will play 80.

Weekes 14
Lawton 15
Bully 16
Keppie 17

Weekes just plays wherever hes needed to add some spark.
Lawton can play on the edge, in the middle and dummy half

Burbo has to go. Ive hoped for two years that he'd progress, but its not happening. Condon offers more.

GCKT should be the 14. Hopefully that happens this week. If it does happen we cant have Weekes on the bench as well. We cant have Lawton there either. I would play Lawton at lock, drop Burbo, and have a bench that included Bullemore, Aloiai and Keppie. I would also have Weekes in the thirteen, and drop Tuiplotu.

I don't know what parker has to do to get people off his back. He's without doubt up with our best every week.
That’s true but if another player can give the team something extra then he should be given the opportunity it’s same for all positions

I think we nee
GCKT should be the 14. Hopefully that happens this week. If it does happen we cant have Weekes on the bench as well. We cant have Lawton there either. I would play Lawton at lock, drop Burbo, and have a bench that included Bullemore, Aloiai and Keppie. I would also have Weekes in the thirteen, and drop Tuiplotu.
I'm thinking similarly. I would like to see Weekes replace Tuipulotu & Chan Kum Tong at 14. However, in the long term, I don't think a power game with Aloiai at lock will be successful - too much bash & barge. I would prefer more balance with Haumole as lock and Burbo as a running edge player (I don't think his game will develop with limited minutes off the bench). The bench would then be Chan Kum Tong, Lawton and two middles, or Chan Kum Tong and three middles.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4