12 Team Comp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Instead of getting rid of the most successful team of modern times I would like to see an 12 team comp from the existing 16 teams . This requires a logical amalgamation of some Sydney clubs so that 5 are left.
Lets for argument sake say that Wests & Balmain are still two un-merged, clubs the Slime, the Puppies & Wests could logically merge to form the ParraWestBurys eg, the Bugs, the Vermin & the CapRorters should combine to become the BunnyCockBugs eg, St Merge & the Gummies merge to become St Gummies eg. Those 3 Sydney teams join the Riff and the mighty Northern Beaches Sea Eagles then you have a comp comprising 5 Sydney clubs instead of 8 and the 7 existing non-Sydney clubs.
Turdy can then expand by adding his beloved Perth plus Sth Island New Zealand and whoever else Darwin ? wherever but allowing all those millions of NRL fans to maintain their hatred of Manly.
The NRL needs that hatred to survive .... the old battle against good and evil, fibros & silvertails ( a Roy Masters a lie, but who cares it has worked for us in the past).

please tell me your thoughts .... I know you will ....

Instead of getting rid of the most successful team of modern times I would like to see an 12 team comp from the existing 16 teams . This requires a logical amalgamation of some Sydney clubs so that 5 are left.
Lets for argument sake say that Wests & Balmain are still two un-merged, clubs the Slime, the Puppies & Wests could logically merge to form the ParraWestBurys eg, the Bugs, the Vermin & the CapRorters should combine to become the BunnyCockBugs eg, St Merge & the Gummies merge to become St Gummies eg. Those 3 Sydney teams join the Riff and the mighty Northern Beaches Sea Eagles then you have a comp comprising 5 Sydney clubs instead of 8 and the 7 existing non-Sydney clubs.
Turdy can then expand by adding his beloved Perth plus Sth Island New Zealand and whoever else Darwin ? wherever but allowing all those millions of NRL fans to maintain their hatred of Manly.
The NRL needs that hatred to survive .... the old battle against good and evil, fibros & silvertails ( a Roy Masters a lie, but who cares it has worked for us in the past).

please tell me your thoughts .... I know you will ....
Wasting your time even thinking about it, no chance of it happening

16 teams play eachother once = 15 games
Spilt top 8 and bottom 8
Each division plays eachother once = 7 games
Two final 8 series top 8 and bottom 8 played simultaneously
3 week gap somewhere to play origin, samoa, tonga , city country, rangas v indigenous etc etc etc with minor games like newtown playing to develop sport. Also invite regions to qualify for this mini tournament.

test matches at seasons end and while bottom 8 teams still involved much longer better chance of better games

Spilt top 8 and bottom 8
3 week gap somewhere to play origin, samoa, tonga , city country, rangas v indigenous etc etc etc with minor games like newtown playing to develop sport. Also invite regions to qualify for this mini tournament.

test matches at seasons end and while bottom 8 teams still involved much longer better chance of better games

you're making way too much sense ... I like it

Spilt top 8 and bottom 8

Rangas v indigenous....awesome, love it.

So Parker & Napa are walk up starts.

Two comps.
Comp 1; no salary cap, less NRL hand outs, say 8 teams. First past the post no finals

Comp 2; salary cap, no third party, NRL pays player salarys.12 teams. Finals, grand finals.

The whole game needs a makeover.
I'd love to see conferences.
The 8 Sydney clubs plus St illawarra and the druggos. 10 teams.
The blow in's - cows,donks,gold coke,worriers,scum,cantberra. 6 teams.
Maybe 8 with 2 new teams.
Initially 18 rounds each conference
Semis
Grand Final each conference
Super Bowl style Grand Final between each conference champion.
It gives room for expansion- a 2nd Brisbane team and Perth.
A shorter comp would provide free weeks for origin and rep rounds so media would get it's content.
The out of Sydney teams would complain about travel but they do it now anyway.
And they have the money so that's life.
The thing needs freshening up.
Something like this would do me.

I read the proposal from joey Johns about having a 12 team comp .

Wow. Talk about having a short memory!!

About 23 years ago an ugly and decisive war was fought over just what he is proposing! ! You kill off the Sydney teams and you destroy the fabric of the game!! The traditional clubs have fought hard to survive against cashed up one team towns.

The game is in trouble because the leadership of the game is more interested in TV ratings rather than fans or members. The nrl don't listen anymore and the game is in trouble.

Joey should know better! !

I read the proposal from joey Johns about having a 12 team comp .

Wow. Talk about having a short memory!!

About 23 years ago an ugly and decisive war was fought over just what he is proposing! ! You kill off the Sydney teams and you destroy the fabric of the game!! The traditional clubs have fought hard to survive against cashed up one team towns.

The game is in trouble because the leadership of the game is more interested in TV ratings rather than fans or members. The nrl don't listen anymore and the game is in trouble.

Joey should know better! !
Joey would love a 12 team competition, but only if Newcastle is one of the 12, the ones that may miss out can go and get f@5ked

I
The whole game needs a makeover.
I'd love to see conferences.
The 8 Sydney clubs plus St illawarra and the druggos. 10 teams.
The blow in's - cows,donks,gold coke,worriers,scum,cantberra. 6 teams.
Maybe 8 with 2 new teams.
Initially 18 rounds each conference
Semis
Grand Final each conference
Super Bowl style Grand Final between each conference champion.
It gives room for expansion- a 2nd Brisbane team and Perth.
A shorter comp would provide free weeks for origin and rep rounds so media would get it's content.
The out of Sydney teams would complain about travel but they do it now anyway.
And they have the money so that's life.
The thing needs freshening up.
Something like this would do me.
I want more games, not less, anyway do you think the NRL would get the same money off television if they had six or seven less games to televise

For mine the number of teams is fine but ideally we would relocate a few teams.

No team wants it to be theirs but logically (and if I was in complete control of the NRL)

You would have

Perth Sharks
Brisbane Tigers (or Ipswich Tigers)
Possibly Adelaide Roosters

Would suck for the Tigers as they have already merged (and I'm a Balmain boy) and Politis would never let it happen to the Roosters but still would leave us 6 Sydney teams with a good geographical spread

If we have to move I'd rather it was to share games between Gosford and Brookvale and be known as the "Manly CC Sea Eagles". A complete restructure with both leagues Clubs (Manly & Central Coast) with members on the board and the Leagues Clubs making meaningful financial contribution to the football club operations. The amount of financial contribution can be reflected by the number of board members. There is a huge NRL nursery up there and a number of good feeder clubs and we can break ties with Blacktown workers. The team training base can continue to be at Narrabeen and with sessions and community engagement scheduled up on the Central Coast to attract local support on the Central Coast. The Northern Eagles failed because the locals didn't feel like it was there team the involvement of Central Coast leagues might change that I don't know. Sadly we can't stay as we are. We can keep the same colors and emblem with the only thing missing "Warringah".

Possibly Adelaide Roosters
Roosters to the least viable option, that would be awesome and we could pick up all their TPAs (and their leagues club). :)
Really I think it would be more like:
East Sydney Roosters (Bondi to Gosford)
Western (Perth) Tigers
Canterbury (NZ) Bulldogs
and Manly sells their license to the Bears who are the only one's desperate enough to try Adelaide.

But really, I think the only way forward is with a independent 2nd tier comp/s with some sort of promotion/relegation system. Teams like Newtown are showing that there is still a market for traditional clubs and suburban games and I will always watch Manly when they play, but no Manly and the NRL can get stuffed.

I

I want more games, not less, anyway do you think the NRL would get the same money off television if they had six or seven less games to televise
It's not working as it is so feel free to come up with something better.
You think that the pacific nations aren't going to want more games?
Yeah right. They'll be pushing big at some point.
Will have to fit them in soon.
I know thinking outside the square isn't something this game deals with well.

The 12 Comp idea is just Super League 2.0.

I don’t see a lot wrong with what we have bar the inequality of the haves and have nots, IMO all fixed based on a points system ( effectively meaning each club could really only have 2 maybe 3 rep players.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4