10 Years Ago

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Lat night I got to watching about 15 mins of highlights of the Manly Canberra game down in the capital from 10 Years ago.

Both teams were undefeated. Raiders had the all star team that had won in 94, including Stuart, Clyde, Daley, Steve Walters. Mullins and an impressive pack. Manly were on the way up and fielded a wily old 5/8 Lyons, a young gun Menzies, plus Des at hooker, Toovey at half and a slim young winger called Hopoate. Canberra were highly fancied!!

Hoppa scored three tries in a gun performance - he was quick then. Cunningham made a sensational break and outsprinted Stuart to link with the backs. Tezza and Moore were great centres and our go forward was superb with Cement, Spud and Kosef leading the way.

What was most impressive though was the defence - especially when Toovey and Ian Roberts were sin-binned leaving us with 11 for 8 mins.

Great stuff for a sad and morose supporter trying to come to grips with the bellyflop we have undergone since June. Gee - we were good that year!!!! :yeah: :yeah: (Till late September!!)

was that game the one where it was about half way thru the season,both teams were undefeated,manly scored a classic backline try and cliffy won the game for us after intercepting a ricky ratbag pass and setting up a winger for the match winner?

Canteen how can I get a copy of some of these 90's games on DVD? can they be bought any place you are aware? all I have is the 96 GF on VCR and I have worn it out.

Garts - they were kindly copied for me from a video I put together to DVDs.(The copier is a legendary poster here but may wish to remain anonymous. PM me and I will see how I can get them to you. They are my pride and joy along with Manly - the first 50 years and the 96 and 87 GFs.

[q]was that game the one where it was about half way thru the season,both teams were undefeated,manly scored a classic backline try and cliffy won the game for us after intercepting a ricky ratbag pass and setting up a winger for the match winner?[/q]

That's the one. First try after about 20 mins was from a Cunningham break from a pass from Cliffy. He found Elsegood who linked with Hoppa for a 70 m try. Second one was a bomb crossfield from Stuart. Hoppa saved a try and ran 100 m to score.

3rd try was the intercept by Cliffy (he saw it an hour before it was passed) and he ran about 50 metres and found Hoppa with a miraculous pass to give him the hat trick. Middle of the season, both teams undefeated and we were sensational, hanging in two players short. Those were the days.

I have the Manly " 50 years " on video . It's a must have for all Manly supporters. It shows the history of the club & highlights from 1947 - 1996. I'm surprised the Club hasn't re-released this.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2