10 x random observations from yesterday's Roosters win

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

lillchip

Reserve Grader
1. Winning is simply 90% attitude in defence.
Most of the season it's been great and the results have showed. Then we clearly dropped the entire house against Saints and got belted. The Storm? Well that's a bit different for mine, yes we were belted in the second half but take Cameron Smith off the park and it's likely a completely different result. Can't stand him buy by god he's amazing. Suddenly yesterday the attitude returned and the result spoke for itself, especially from 14 points down. 90% attitude. Simple.

2. A good coach makes the right changes at the right time.
Not many of us would have agreed with (let alone thought of) resting Brian Kelly yesterday. His game is clearly promising but Barrett saw it also needs work. Parker came in fresh and was tremendous. Excellent vision.

3. Blake Green puzzling stats.
A very cool head, and the leading player for kick repeat sets, but yesterday his sum total was 5 runs, 15 metres, 8 tackles. Is it just me or does this seem barely involved? Compare this to DCE's extraordinary 19 runs, 169 metres, 23 tackles. Or did DCE simply dominate so much there was no greater need? He was sporting a giant ice pack on the thigh in the rooms so perhaps that's a clue.

4. Using two second rowers as giant centres.
How good were they? And for mine Lane has barely tapped his potential yet. Just needs some hands practice and he could be anything. And note both played 80 mins.

5. Roosters bench.
Taukeiaho 14 mins and Cornish 9 mins. Seemed an odd decision for a team doing most of the tackling in the second half.

7. DCE.
Cops a lot of criticism but his stats spoke for themselves yesterday. Never stopped and was right there to collect the superb Uate infield lob in the dying seconds to seal the deal.

8. The Trbo's.
Tom 23 runs 211 metres, Jake 16 runs 168 metres and 28 tackles. Superb.

9. Notable others.
All played well, but standouts were Taupau 18 runs 203 metres (in just 44 mins and Koroisau 12 runs 136 metres 36 tackles.

10. Finally, but most importantly, the bizarre all maroon 2017 obsession.
Yes, yes I know we won, but where the hell did this HIDEOUS all maroon look spring from? We are not the Qld maroons!! It was almost ok for a one off, but it's turned into an entire season. Please let's get back to the the traditional home strip: MAROON jersey, WHITE shorts. We do not need to join the plethora of teams with god awful one colour soccer outfits, ie. the all white Tigers.

Ice pack on his leg or not, Blake Green isn't a runner, never has been. And I think yesterday, especially after the past couple of weeks plus being stripped of the ball by Mitchell that led to a try.....I think DCE took over as he had a point to prove.

Green only averages 7.5 runs and 42.5 run metres per game. His strengths are his organisation of the attack, his passing game and his short kicking game.

Other than that, and that I personally don't mind the all-maroon look, I think you're pretty spot on.

Last edited:
Green was rested a few weeks ago due to a quad strain.

So that may explain his cameo role yesterday.

When I saw Marty Gump's stats I was amazed. He must have run 200m carrying 250kg of chook meat on his back :eek:

Green allows DCE to play his natural game.

His stats are never amazing but does a solid job keeping our attack in order. Don't under estimate how valuable his back to back sets have been.

The all maroon started earlier in the season and seems like a superstitious reaction. I think we were wearing white shorts at the beginning at home and not winning. We were wearing maroon shorts with the white jersey away and winning. They then kept the maroon shorts for home games and we started winning!

If someone wants to peruse the footage I'm happy to have this debunked.

Good post but weeks ago I started a thread calling for Parker to replace Kelly and it generated numerous other threads and much debate, so I don't agree that most of us never would of thought of it.

As others have mentioned, Green has been playing with a dodgy quad since the Sharks game, hampering his ability to spring off his feet and take the line on with any vigour. He is not a slow 6 by any means but is looking slow and immobile at the moment.

You are quite right about Chez; it was a real captains knock!

The all maroon outfit was a fan pick after the disastrous home game record :)

I like it as white dacks show ones foundation garments @:blush:

Hopefully the 2018 jersey has all white hoops. The current jersey looks like it has pink hoops :confused:

Agree with most of the points. Point number 2: I understand that there has been some threads posted about the need to drop / rest Kelly for some time. I guess there are some master coaches amongst us. (I wasn't one of them)!

Another fact was that Tupou was devastating before he came off crucially injured in the 65th minute. By that time he had amassed 192 metres from 15 runs. He probably would have scored had it not been for his groin injury. The rooters will definitely miss him out for 6 weeks.

Agree with most of the points. Point number 2: I understand that there has been some threads posted about the need to drop / rest Kelly for some time. I guess there are some master coaches amongst us. (I wasn't one of them)!

Another fact was that Tupou was devastating before he came off crucially injured in the 65th minute. By that time he had amassed 192 metres from 15 runs. He probably would have scored had it not been for his groin injury. The rooters will definitely miss him out for 6 weeks.
Latrell micthell was devastating not tupou.

For every 10% dce puts in, 5% of it is because of green. Just look at dces return to his best to know how good green has been. Easily the buy of the year. He is always playing well and easily the best organization half in the comp.

The all maroon looks great personally. We look like a real solid outfit taking the field in it.

I know your've looked at all the match stats but stats don't show what work Blake Green really dose. If there was a stat on mounting pressure on opposition, passing a ball to a player in a dangerous position, taking the right last play option and directing traffic to take the heat off DCE. Im sure your evaluation of Greens game might change. There should be some stats on game management, Green would a gun in super coach.

Green allows DCE to play his natural game.

His stats are never amazing but does a solid job keeping our attack in order. Don't under estimate how valuable his back to back sets have been.
Good point and let me simplify it for the feathered friends
Green is not the accelerator , he is the steering wheel
So, Chill out and enjoy the ride to the Semi finals
SPO3490429-zoom.jpg

Looking at the Chook pen forum. A number of Roosters fans gave Green a Mention in Dispatches in their Post Mortem of the game.
All maroon, I like it.

Last edited:
Im a big fan of the all maroon, seem to play better in it

Next year I want the jersey to be solid double hoops, although this years jersey is still awesome

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10