1 resigning + 1 new signing

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
Big George Rose has signed on for 2 more seaons

We have also signed up Storms Matt Cross for 2 seasons to repalce Glenn Hall

Source: NRL 2009 Season Guide

Matt Cross
DOB:28/4/1981
Place:Wagga Wagga, NSW
Jr Club: Batemans Bay Tigers
Position:Prop/Second row
Height:193 Weight:110Kg
Rep Honours:Nil
Previous Clubs:Penrith 2005-07, Gold Coast 2008
FG Debut:Penrith v Nth Qld, Dairy Farmers, 23/7/05 (Rd 20)
Club FG Debut:Yet to play for the Storm ??

Matthew Cross
Date of Birth : 26 April, 1981
Height : 193 cm
Weight : 110 kg
Position : Front row, back row
Rep. Honours : Nil
Junior Clubs : Batemans Bay Tigers
Previous Clubs : Parramatta 2003-04, Penrith 2005-07, Gold Coast 2008
FG Debut : Penrith v North Queensland, Dairy Farmers, 23/7/05 (Rd 20)
Club Debut : N/A
Career: Born in Wagga Wagga, Cross, the younger brother of former Storm premiership winner Ben, played his junior rugby league at Batemans Bay. Scouted by Parramatta, Cross spent two years at the Eels, before making a name for himself at Penrith. He made his first grade debut in 2005 for the Panthers. Moved to the Gold Coast Titans last year but played most of the season in the Queensland Cup. Will be looking to get back to the big time this year.

Preview: Cross will be keen to step out of younger brother Ben’s shadow in Melbourne and create his own legacy at the Storm. Big, strong and tireless, Cross will provide extra grunt to the Storm’s engine room in 2009. Will battle the likes of Jeff Lima, Brett White and Adam Blair for time up front, and could play a similar role to the one Antonio Kaufusi had in 2008.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/beaver-role-in-snaring-young-bull/

Cross is confirmed in Manly Daily and also we are close to getting the pommy prop from Bradford

Cross is a journeyman already I see

Dan link said:
Cross is a journeyman already I see

Yeah, but we've got a few of those at Manly already who haven't been much until they came here.

Happy to see Big George get a new deal he has really impressed this season,Cross not so impressed.What is going on with Robbo,Wolfman and Orford resigning.I heard a month ago they were almost signed.

reyam link said:
Happy to see Big George get a new deal he has really impressed this season,Cross not so impressed.What is going on with Robbo,Wolfman and Orford resigning.I heard a month ago they were almost signed.

I thought Robbo,Wolfman had both resigned already also ? and as for Ox not sure

I feel that Mat Cross will be a very similar replacement to Glen Hall, a player who has been to a few clubs, shows potential, but just can't seem to crack into first grade on a regular basis. I think once we get the training staff onto him he will be a good toiler.

For anyone struggling to remember the bloke, in our game at Brookvale this season, Choc absolutely smashed him, only for him to score 2 tackles later

Easy to see the Dessie thinking in this.

Cross can play in the front or 2nd rows. Defensively sound with high tackle rate of 20 tackles from an average of 40 minutes per game. Missed tackle rate OK and minimal errors. Decent meterage. Maybe a late bloomer and maybe cheap.

Cross will be fine, he wont have been signed as a top 17 player, simply a depth signing

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8