$1 Million offered to Hiku to Leave Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Moondog said:
mickqld said:
Moondog said:
eagles2win said:
Why would the Warriors need him?

They have 3 fullbacks on the books - Tomkins, Locke and the Fish
Part of their cunning plan to corner the fullback market....

I thought the broncos were trying that. Barba, Josh Hoffman, chasing A Milford and K Hunt
So, perhaps a merger is on the cards? The Wancos rumours may have some substance...

LOL They've been the wankos since they came into the competition.

Can I start a new rumour, Souths have offered a deal for BJ, Ballin and Starlo, 20 Million for the three over five years.

Heard it on Twitter so must be fact !!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Can I start a new rumour, Souths have offered a deal for BJ, Ballin and Starlo, 20 Million for the three over five years.

Heard it on Twitter so must be fact !!
That's good enough for me!

Gee it's hard to keep hold of talent when you have so much of it to try and fit under a salary cap.

I think Hiku is a genuine talent and would be sad to see him go. One area we don't have a lot of depth in is centre and that's why I was hoping he would be retained.

Anyway no point stressing until he makes a decision one way or the other. Can't begrudge the kid going back home on good coin. He's got a young family and he seems like a genuinely nice fella, not like some of these show ponies you see getting around.

Will wish him well whatever he decides. But remember Peta if you stay here you'll do your apprenticeship under some of the best backs to have played the game, that's priceless experience you won't get anywhere else.

Lol, we lose hiku and Brett plays half a season on top dollar....... So who would fill the gap for Brett then. I know we can not keep them all but this kid seemed special.

if reports are true then Hiku would be crazy not to go back to his family on that money.

But if we believed all paper reports then pretty much every team is over the salary cap

The Trbjoevic bros look to be very talented. Gutherson is a plaayer with potential too.
We sign Hiku and lose the turbo bros you would never hear the end of the whinging on here. I'm sure the recruitment team have a long term plan in mind.

Moondog said:
mickqld said:
Moondog said:
eagles2win said:
Why would the Warriors need him?

They have 3 fullbacks on the books - Tomkins, Locke and the Fish
Part of their cunning plan to corner the fullback market....

I thought the broncos were trying that. Barba, Josh Hoffman, chasing A Milford and K Hunt
So, perhaps a merger is on the cards? The Wancos rumours may have some substance...

And then the Queensland Origin team will be able to claim all kiwis as Qld juniors. Oh hang on, the do that already...

Chip and Chase said:
But remember Peta if you stay here you'll do your apprenticeship under some of the best backs to have played the game, that's priceless experience you won't get anywhere else.
That's almost certainly why he signed with us in the first place. Same with Whare probably. Talented youngsters who were prepared to play for peanuts and play a back-up role because they wanted a footy education from the best.

If he moves on that's a shame but some other young gun will jump at the chance to be an understudy for our stars.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Chip and Chase said:
But remember Peta if you stay here you'll do your apprenticeship under some of the best backs to have played the game, that's priceless experience you won't get anywhere else.
That's almost certainly why he signed with us in the first place. Same with Whare probably. Talented youngsters who were prepared to play for peanuts and play a back-up role because they wanted a footy education from the best.

If he moves on that's a shame but some other young gun will jump at the chance to be an understudy for our stars.

Exactly. At certain stages of careers money can play an overwhelming part in the decision to sign a contract however, for a lot of young players its more about opportunity and the chance to get better. Although that decision for a lot of players is made more difficult by greedy player managers who would want them to change clubs for a $1 more, however if they've got their heads screwed on right they will more than likely move to a place where they will get an opportunity.

If Manly have tabled him an offer of 250k per year, and he passes it up to go to The Warriors, Glenn stays for sure. We'd just have to fall back to Williams / Taufua on the wings.

Mr Buddy Weiser said:
Why would his rep career and a regular first grade spot be gone? He has more chance of cementing a first grade spot at a weaker club than Manly. Here he will have to wait for injuries or retirement to play where he is best suited. Sunday should be interesting with Jorge back what tooves does. Good luck to the kid wherever he ends up.

Agree, he will have NZ Rep career and a starting spot in first grade at another Club.

Its amazing what the Manly exposure does to Players career.
Hiku has hardly played NRL level and he commands a 500% upgrade in just 12 months of coming to Manly :cool:

Good luck to him, although I still think that FB is his spot and he could be Manly's one in the near future.

What are the warriors thinking.....its like the Bulldogs signing Fifita (before that collapsed).

They have Tomkins, Locke & Fish for fullback and Nielson, Hurrell, Ropati and Tuimivave at centre.

Do clubs no longer look at there own squads before signing players?

Hey guys, now as I mentioned before I want to respect Peta's privacy. I have received some updates from the whanau. All I will say is don't rule out him remaining here which he has already stated. Now please don't take this as gospel as negotiations are still ongoing with the clubs mentioned. I will also say that money will not be the only factor in his decision. Without giving anything away or raising or dashing peoples hopes as nothings final yet, I have some optimism that Peta may remain at Manly.

I hope he stays of course, but if that offer is accurate it would seem very tempting to go home...esp with his little girl over there, too.

Lol it's amazing how often on here all of a sudden when a player is offered a good deal from another club all of a sudden they are over rated and won't be a big loss etc

Foran was the classic example of this

From my perspective it is not a matter of being over rated . Simply a question of is he worth 1 mill for 3 years at this stage? Very good player for sure but in my books he is a utility or possibly a centre down the track. Not fast enough or creative enough for an absolute top level NRL fullback the way the game is heading and not a finisher.

1 mill for 3 years when you have cap problems is simply not an option.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6