1 game in 4 weeks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Quite a few Souths players have only had 1 game in the last 4 weeks against the panfers, as they rested their best players for the last game of the regular season.

Could this have an affect on their timing, or anything else, hope so.
Fair point that

giphy.gif

Quite a few Souths players have only had 1 game in the last 4 weeks against the panfers, as they rested their best players for the last game of the regular season.

Could be a very valid point - apart from players with those nursing niggling injuries, who appreciate the rest, limited gametime is not always great...

Nah .. it's not like the old days when you trained Tue and Thur followed by the pub ... these days they train 6 days a week with skill work etc ...

Nah .. it's not like the old days when you trained Tue and Thur followed by the pub ... these days they train 6 days a week with skill work etc ...
Just looking for chinks in their side that just might just give us an edge, lot of people talk about momentum and teams having a week off, well some of their guys as I said only played once in 4 weeks, they always say you can't beat match fitness

They probably got lazy, put on weight etc.

Take the '78 campaign for example. Playing every week, and sometimes twice a week. Drawn semi, replay. Drawn GF, replay. Walking wounded we were.
Eadie could only see out of one eye. Effing Price.
Igor, Ian Martin, Max, Alan Thompson, in fact all of them all carrying injuries. They'd limp onto the SCG and look no chance.
But they had the rhythm, the team spirit, the 'us against the world' mentality. Dubbed the Silvertails earlier that year by Wests coach Masters, that just served to put more fire in their bellies.
Skipping weekends can be good, and it can stuff up under the pressure of SF footy. They should have Wombat come in to the camp and tell them, (wearing a mask of course).

Take the '78 campaign for example. Playing every week, and sometimes twice a week. Drawn semi, replay. Drawn GF, replay. Walking wounded we were.
Eadie could only see out of one eye. Effing Price.
Igor, Ian Martin, Max, Alan Thompson, in fact all of them all carrying injuries. They'd limp onto the SCG and look no chance.
But they had the rhythm, the team spirit, the 'us against the world' mentality. Dubbed the Silvertails earlier that year by Wests coach Masters, that just served to put more fire in their bellies.
Skipping weekends can be good, and it can stuff up under the pressure of SF footy. They should have Wombat come in to the camp and tell them, (wearing a mask of course).
I went to both of those GFs, mid week replay, thunderstorm, frogeyes runaway try sealed the win.

I went to both of those GFs, mid week replay, thunderstorm, frogeyes runaway try sealed the win.
Yeah me too. Even watched some of those games on YouTube this morning. Spotted myself , 13 yr old, waving my flag on the hill when we beat Parra in the replay semi. What a team of guts and glory that was. Ian Martin, Terry Randall, John Harvey, Max Krilich. We need to channel some of that tonight in defense.

Bunnies will come out a lot harder than the Rooters did and not drop away as fast as they will be fresh and focused.

We need to keep our completions up early, and fight for field position through solid line-benders from our big boppers, fast play-the-balls, and strong kick-to-corner kicks on the end of sets. If we start them in their 10-20 every set and limit discipline, we can get their fwds starting to doubt themselves, and the backs will kick into gear.

The possibility is that given the crowd factor, and coming up against an actual opposition (not just Latrell pretending to be Turbo) will affect their cohesion and timing a little bit. We can hope.

Regardless, I hope we beat the bunnies well by playing our brand of footy - and that the result is one determined my players, not refereeing technicalities and interpretations. If we play well enough, we should take the latter out of consideration-

I must say though, the ruck infringements and 10m has been fairly leniently policed in the finals - we need to keep our eye on this and push the envelope a bit if the Rabbits do - the Rooters lay all over us in the tackle and barely a penalty/6-again was there to be seen.

As far as the crowd goes it’ll be close to 50/50.

I’d love to think we are the strongest supported team in SEQ but I think it’ll be close.

Many there won’t be cheering for either side.

So in reality I think the crowd is a limiting factor.

The chink in their armour is that they are missing Latrell. I can’t believe nobody seems to be talking about it. When he got rubbed out a few weeks ago everyone was saying season over for Souths, now nobody seems to mention it. I bet it’ll get a solid run when we win though…
Agreed Re Latrell...if we were told 3 or 4 weeks ago we would be playing the Bunnies ex Latrell for a chance to play in the grand final we would have taken this in a heartbeat.

I’d love to think we are the strongest supported team in SEQ but I think it’ll be close.

At the Manly Canberra double header Souths played Penrith in the second game, saw a lot of both fans there, and as such so many camel toes.

3 to 1, I reckon Mark. We were outnumbered for sure.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6