1 area Manly SHOULD improve

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Hopefully its not on the field after some shrewd signings & changes.
The area of concern will be minimal to some, but personally, being Rugby League mad from a young age - it is bigger than it should be....
I have noticed on the Official Manly Seaeagles site for years, they are very slow in relation to updates, things like player profiles....for mine I am a fan of new players backgrounds & for trivia buffs - position, age, size, weight & especially new signings in the Maroon & White colours.
Even a team who pales in significance to Manly (Dogs) in most areas of professionalism, had Hopoate listed on player profiles the DAY he signed.
Also many other official sites there is far more photo's ect of players training & generally, more interaction with fans about what is happening with their respective team.
Also the youngsters from Holden Cup, obviously many new players for 2016 there also...who??
Again - some will find this trivial but from a bloke who was that kid hoping to get Graham Eadie or Terry Randall from his Scanlan footy cards, as he chewed on that pink gum - it does mean plenty.
I will make it clear this is not a player issue, have had a bit to do with many players of the years, who are super with the fans, this is more a management area that I feel could be better considering the dominance of Manly on field, fair to say we are behind - off the field.

The issue of communication has been a weakness between the club and the fans and members and that is something that must improve. Then again the club is better than the NRL who are really poor with that.

Thanks for reminding me about Scanlens swap cards and that dusty, brittle pink gum.

I never got the whole team of course.

Hopefully its not on the field after some shrewd signings & changes.
The area of concern will be minimal to some, but personally, being Rugby League mad from a young age - it is bigger than it should be....
I have noticed on the Official Manly Seaeagles site for years, they are very slow in relation to updates, things like player profiles....for mine I am a fan of new players backgrounds & for trivia buffs - position, age, size, weight & especially new signings in the Maroon & White colours.
Even a team who pales in significance to Manly (Dogs) in most areas of professionalism, had Hopoate listed on player profiles the DAY he signed.
Also many other official sites there is far more photo's ect of players training & generally, more interaction with fans about what is happening with their respective team.
Also the youngsters from Holden Cup, obviously many new players for 2016 there also...who??
Again - some will find this trivial but from a bloke who was that kid hoping to get Graham Eadie or Terry Randall from his Scanlan footy cards, as he chewed on that pink gum - it does mean plenty.
I will make it clear this is not a player issue, have had a bit to do with many players of the years, who are super with the fans, this is more a management area that I feel could be better considering the dominance of Manly on field, fair to say we are behind - off the field.
Good points maxta.

It is hard to fathom the incredible slackness and unprofessionalism around this when there are virtually no-cost options to bring us right up to speed.

I am sure there would be plenty of people who would volunteer to do the legwork to get the player profiles up to date and informative. Management then only needs to review it and release it. Virtually no cost at all.

I believe part of the issue is the club uses (or at least used to) an NRL platform / content management system. From memory the dogs and a couple of others "bought" this back from the NRL.
All that said this does not explain the continued failure to engage members

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4