1.6 million reasons

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Welcome Jatz.  There must be a reason for Mayer to not want to re-sign, other than the current spat amongst directors.  My guess, and it's only a guess unlike others on this blog who seem to know the fact from fiction, is that the guy has dabbled in a little Board politics and got burned.  There's factional disputes in all walks of life.  CEOs are meant to stay in the engine room and report to the Board and carry out the wishes of the Board.  Who knows what he did to put the noses of some Board members out, but there you go.  That's life.  Nobody's irreplaceable and life will go on.  Bring on the footie.     

I do know that we get more money to pay at bluetonge guaranteed rather than having to pay rent at brookie and a crowd of 10k at CC is worth more than a crowd of 10k at brokkie. I remember last year the manly officials quoted as saying it was the best profit they made in one round in all the rounds (excluding finals)

it was mainly that corporate dollars were higher i.e billboards, drinks and entertainment &corporate boxes are better. Merchandise sold more because it is in a less frequently visited area. They got paid to play their rather than paying rent.

having said that, this was a 'home' game against newcastle so it would result in a financial windfall playing a CC. but out of all the games this year a game against Knights would make the most geographical sense to play at CC again.

On a separate note i remember reading a quote in the news that during finals all merchandising, ticket sales ect all go to the NRL not the club during the finals series.

All merch?!!

Even stuff that is sold through the Leagues club? That can't be possible.

I know that the NRL takes all the profits from gatetakings though. That's why there is no financial advantage for Manly to play week one at Brookie or at the SFS. Seems a bit strange, but yeah. That's how it works.

They need to get the cash somehow to give their hand outs to each of the clubs.

Fluffy link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=179270.msg208262#msg208262 date=1235526525]
Fluffy - the decision to take the 09 to the CC was a unanimous decision of the Board. 

I am not denying that jsut pointing out he made the promise and it was not kept

As for the move the whole board should have a kick up the arse

15K @ brookie VS 13K at CC

and since Brookie is the cheapest ground to break even (6K i think was said) it has to be asked why the entire board would throw away a home ground advantage for less attendance unless they are after something else from the CC
[/quote]  Oh please, in your eagerness to stir you are coming across so dense.

Everyone knows Singleton is dishing the cash because he built it and the Bears did not cum.

Matabele link said:
Fluffy - the decision to take the 09 to the CC was a unanimous decision of the Board. 

But how could it be a unaimous decsion by the board when Reilly stated in his letter that the football club remains committed to playing all home games at brookvale oval? 

Surely the vote must have been 5-2 with the two football club members voting against moving the game?  As it wasn't then Reilly must be lying in his letter. 

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=179270.msg208293#msg208293 date=1235535618]

I am not denying that jsut pointing out he made the promise and it was not kept

As for the move the whole board should have a kick up the arse

15K @ brookie VS 13K at CC

and since Brookie is the cheapest ground to break even (6K i think was said) it has to be asked why the entire board would throw away a home ground advantage for less attendance unless they are after something else from the CC
[/quote]  Oh please, in your eagerness to stir you are coming across so dense.

Everyone knows Singleton is dishing the cash because he built it and the Bears did not cum.
[/quote]

Most people I know from the Cennie Coast, I have one who just moved up here as well, hate that stadium. I don't blame them, there is something wrong about it

tookey link said:

But how could it be a unaimous decsion by the board when Reilly stated in his letter that the football club remains committed to playing all home games at brookvale oval? 

Surely the vote must have been 5-2 with the two football club members voting against moving the game?  As it wasn't then Reilly must be lying in his letter. 
[/quote]  Add it to the list of porkies.

willstyles link said:
All merch?!!

Even stuff that is sold through the Leagues club? That can't be possible.

I know that the NRL takes all the profits from gatetakings though. That's why there is no financial advantage for Manly to play week one at Brookie or at the SFS. Seems a bit strange, but yeah. That's how it works.

No not the merch sold in the leagues club but apparantly all merch sold through brookie oval

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7