‘One of the smartest minds in league’

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member

‘One of the smartest minds in league’: Legends back Seibold for Sea Eagles success​

Broncos Corey Parker has labelled Anthony Seibold one of the “smartest minds” in rugby league as the former Brisbane coach plots a return to the NRL.

Seibold is reportedly set to sign a three-year deal to become head coach of the Sea Eagles after Manly legend Des Hasler was sacked.

The 48-year-old was left “embarrassed” after he parted ways with the Broncos less than two years into a massive five-year deal in 2020.
Seibold joined England rugby union as defensive coach in September 2021, and Parker, who was one of Seibold’s assistants in 2019, is backing him to succeed in Manly — if the playing group buy in.
“If it is to happen, I worked under Seibold and he is a very very smart coach, Manly are at a stage at the moment where their playing group is a bit divided,” Parker said.

“Make no mistake, Anthony Seibold is one of the smartest minds I have come across in rugby league, so it is just how that message gets delivered and how it is picked up from the playing group.

“They have got some wonderful players, but they need to recruit, they need to go to the market in some areas.”
Seibold’s ugly Broncos exit saw his stocks plummet after he won the Dally M Coach of the Year in his rookie season at the Rabbitohs.

Fox League’s Greg Alexander believes Seibold’s stint at the Broncos can only be a positive learning experience.
“Obviously he can coach, I think he would have learnt a lot about himself in his time in Brisbane, and he went through a fair bit in Brisbane,”

“He got put through the ringer up there, if you’re off-side with Brisbane it is a tough place to live and it is a tough place to coach.

“But I think he would have learnt plenty about himself and he has been with Eddie Jones for the last 12 months as a part of that England rugby union set-up.”
Since Hasler’s departure, the Trbojevic brothers, who were close with their former coach, have reportedly been left disgruntled.
In the wake of the pride jersey saga the playing group was also reportedly divided, which saw the Sea Eagles crash out of the finals race.

Alexander believes to succeed as a team, Manly must move on and welcome their new coach with open arms.

“The Manly players will just get on board, you just move on, coaches go, and while it is disappointing and even if they had relationships, and good relationships with Des,” Alexander said.

“Once it’s done you have just got to move on, you can’t sit there and whinge about it, just get on with the job.”

‘One of the smartest minds in league’: Legends back Seibold for Sea Eagles success​

Broncos Corey Parker has labelled Anthony Seibold one of the “smartest minds” in rugby league as the former Brisbane coach plots a return to the NRL.

Seibold is reportedly set to sign a three-year deal to become head coach of the Sea Eagles after Manly legend Des Hasler was sacked.

The 48-year-old was left “embarrassed” after he parted ways with the Broncos less than two years into a massive five-year deal in 2020.
Seibold joined England rugby union as defensive coach in September 2021, and Parker, who was one of Seibold’s assistants in 2019, is backing him to succeed in Manly — if the playing group buy in.
“If it is to happen, I worked under Seibold and he is a very very smart coach, Manly are at a stage at the moment where their playing group is a bit divided,” Parker said.

“Make no mistake, Anthony Seibold is one of the smartest minds I have come across in rugby league, so it is just how that message gets delivered and how it is picked up from the playing group.

“They have got some wonderful players, but they need to recruit, they need to go to the market in some areas.”
Seibold’s ugly Broncos exit saw his stocks plummet after he won the Dally M Coach of the Year in his rookie season at the Rabbitohs.

Fox League’s Greg Alexander believes Seibold’s stint at the Broncos can only be a positive learning experience.
“Obviously he can coach, I think he would have learnt a lot about himself in his time in Brisbane, and he went through a fair bit in Brisbane,”

“He got put through the ringer up there, if you’re off-side with Brisbane it is a tough place to live and it is a tough place to coach.

“But I think he would have learnt plenty about himself and he has been with Eddie Jones for the last 12 months as a part of that England rugby union set-up.”
Since Hasler’s departure, the Trbojevic brothers, who were close with their former coach, have reportedly been left disgruntled.
In the wake of the pride jersey saga the playing group was also reportedly divided, which saw the Sea Eagles crash out of the finals race.

Alexander believes to succeed as a team, Manly must move on and welcome their new coach with open arms.

“The Manly players will just get on board, you just move on, coaches go, and while it is disappointing and even if they had relationships, and good relationships with Des,” Alexander said.

“Once it’s done you have just got to move on, you can’t sit there and whinge about it, just get on with the job.”
Ever since Renouf put S... on Seibold earlier in the week, all we're getting now is good press on Seibold. And as usual, Brandy making good points and sense out of this whole fiasco.

Ever since Renouf put S... on Seibold earlier in the week, all we're getting now is good press on Seibold. And as usual, Brandy making good points and sense out of this whole fiasco.
A positive perspective puts things in Perspective and Seibold seems to be a good prospect

He may have the smartest mind in football, but after last year he'll be coaching the dumbest team.
Hopefully we get to above average.

But it's the football that worries me 😜
I dont think last year we were a dumb team

We were a team lacking confidence and we had a coach that could not inspire confidence in us

I dont think last year we were a dumb team

We were a team lacking confidence and we had a coach that could not inspire confidence in us
True and that's a point but we still had poor footy brains at times.
The one that stands out and though it didn't end up costing us was DCE kicking with a few seconds left in the game against the storm when they were running us down 🤦‍♂️. That's just one of many many examples from various individuals

True and that's a point but we still had poor footy brains at times.
The one that stands out and though it didn't end up costing us was DCE kicking with a few seconds left in the game against the storm when they were running us down 🤦‍♂️. That's just one of many many examples from various individuals
I understand what you are saying with some of our dumb plays
And lacking confidence does not promote smart play

Wasn’t Trent meant to be also, we got sold a lemon there.

I’ll wait to the end of the 2023 season to make my judgment. I don’t really want Seibold but will back him. If he fails I guess Flanagan will step up.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4