Your views on 2024 after Round 1

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You have to laugh: Illawarra going the early crow and declaring it has turned the corner after beating that powerhouse club, the Tits!
I also heard it said that the Dragons had discovered their DNA, and have called it The Dragon Way . . . .
Wow. I wonder where Flanagan copied that concept from?
Stole it from Bruce Lee mate! And it's the way of the dragon 😉

I don't think you can read anything into it until about round 6. Having said that you would want to be at least 50% win ratio by then so it's great to start off with a win. The fans of any team who won, especially as underdogs, get carried away with themselves thinking this could be their year and we are no different.

I think the Eels and Dragons might want to calm themselves down a little. The Dogs and Titans were insipid.

The issue regarding Saints is the lack of talent across their squad. They will do a Dolphins circa 23’ where they win the early games due to effort. However, the ‘effort alone’ model can only be sustained for so long and eventually (by round 10) it’ll catch up with them. Across a long season, you need to be able to games with talent, when the team is slightly off.

I think a number of teams that were flat this week (Broncos, Penrith, and Newcastle) will come good and play finals. The first two of which will challenge for the premiership again.

I agree we should read very little into round 1.

Feel it will be a Titans/Tigers race for the spoon.
But hopefully Dog ,Dragons,Dolphins right there with them.

My only cocnern is our goal line defence. Just about every time Souths got close to our line they looked like they could score (and yes same when we were down their end).

Compare this to Storm and Sharks who repeatedly repelled decent attacking teams with incredible goal line defence, We need to tighten this up. Ask me again in Week 10!!

I do realise that not a lot could be gained just from round 1 but thought it was an interesting discussion never the less.

The standout for me was how bad the Dolphins were , and I think their issue is mainly the aging pack ( mostly aging they do have a couple that are ok ).

Dragons will win a few against the lower sides , and despite our tips may not be spooners.

Titans with Foran / Fifita will be better.

Panthers / Broncos will bounce back and still be top 4, but a lot of that ( Bronco’s) will be determined by Reynolds fitness

Writing off teams after round 1 is fraught ....... but a bit of fun.

I think the Titans will be much better with a full team, Penrith will be fine but winning another GF will be very difficult, The Dragons have hit the ground running but I can't see them sustaining it. Broncos and Roosters will, unfortunately, be fighting out the top positions. The rest are up for grabs I reckon. I'm not overly concerned yet about Manly's defence in Vegas. There are new players in the back line and at the risk of being razzed, I'm still not sold on Rubes as a centre. And I'm really not sold on Paulo as a winger. Anyway, looking forward to the next few rounds and then we'll start getting a better picture.

Round one may not produce the final product
But it highlights the products flaws

Dogs, They keep on investing in Million dollar players to their Roster with Minimum returns
Titans , They dumped their coach and brought in Des to make a difference but they served the same dysfunctional performance
Warriors , went back to their dominating the first half and capitulating in the second half days
Knights , Ended last season with a surge to the finals and started this season like slugs
Panthers , Strong all round the park but their flat playmaker Cleary could not inspire the winning spark.

Round one March Premiers ....
Manly
Storm
Roosters
Raiders
Cowboys
Dragons
Eels
1710112510117.png

Trivia: In Rd One, Melbourne was the only winner from the 2023 top five. Conversely, St George was the only winner from the 2023 bottom five.

I have seen nothing that surprises me.

I tipped Souths to miss the 8, The Dolphins to be a rabble.

Storm and Panthers was a great game, hard to see either miss the top 4.

I also tipped us to miss the 8, injuries are already hurting us. We might sneak in if other fringe sides like Knights, Sharks, Eels, Cowboys and Raiders don't aim up or get injuries.

We lack decent props and props win premierships.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8