Your preferred 2024 side

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
So put our Dally M Medal winning fullback in the centres to play someone who's only 2 good games at fullback were against the two sides who have been anchored to the bottom of the NRL ladder for the last 3 or 4 years??

Sure thing. And while we're at it how about we re-hire Trent Barrett......
Funny enough.. even with our dally m fullback we never beat any top teams either. Argument is void. Turbo sure run a muck against lower teams too.

I once thought of Turbo into the centres way back,but now am not sure of it.
His defence is too concerning,he shows a lack of willingness to put his body on the line.
There are numerous times he could have tried to dislodge a ball from a tryscorer or at least try to force them out but made no effort at all.
In the centres at origin level he does not commit and just arm tackles and gets brushed off.
He would be a liability in the centres,Koula is whole hearted attack/defence with a much smaller frame.
For me,leave Tom at fullback and when he breaks down again move Koula to fullback and play whoever is necessary in centres.Current players contracted would suggest Talau,but could play Vaega there or play Vaega/Tuipulotu on wing and move Paulo to centre.
Maybe Parker re-signs and could be there.
In a way its a good problem to have.

It is an excellent spot to be in.
From not being able to win a game without Tom to having an option like this is awesome.
It is like the Roosters having Manu as their backup option to Teddy,rare spot to be in,just unfortunate that Tom is more injury prone than Teddy.
When Turbo used to go down, the team would just give up...with the emergence of some rookies coming through like Burbo,Matterson,Koula, Ray, GCKT and the acquisition of Lodge and Brooks, we at least have some options coming through. I know the last 2 games were against dud teams, but Im really looking forward to the new season now.

Next season we will have, on paper, a top four backline. Unfortunately, there are questions marks over our forwards. The two most glaring are:
Will The Shoe develop as a ball-playing second rower/lock?
Will Burbo develop into a force, and learn how to keep his head out of the way to avoid concussions?
Then we have the issue of an enforcer. Tent has the size but has he got the aggression? Lodge has the mongrel but when will he be available? Froggy is a wonderful trier but is it feasible to have him share the hooking role with Gordon?
When you watch the two leading clubs of 2023 play you notice how aggressive they are in defence. We are slower and more passive. I like the improvements shown by Sippers and Bully but I don't think Keppie, Kelma nor Al are good first graders.

Next season we will have, on paper, a top four backline. Unfortunately, there are questions marks over our forwards. The two most glaring are:
Will Burbo develop into a force, and learn how to keep his head out of the way to avoid concussions?
Then we have the issue of an enforcer. Tent has the size but has he got the aggression? Lodge has the mongrel but when will he be available? Froggy is a wonderful trier but is it feasible to have him share the hooking role with Gordon?
When you watch the two leading clubs of 2023 play you notice how aggressive they are in defence. We are slower and more passive. I like the improvements shown by Sippers and Bully but I don't think Keppie, Kelma nor Al are good first graders.
100% agree with your assessment. A forward signing over the off season to add some mongrel would be perfect.

Add Keaon Koloamatangi to our team, we are competing:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Reuben Garrick
04. Tolu Koula
05. Jaxson Paulo
06. Luke Brooks
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Matt Lodge
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Keaon Koloamatangi
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Gordon Chan Kum Tong OR Jake Arthur
15. Josh Aloiai OR Toff Sipley
16. Sean Keppie OR Ethan Bullemor
17. Josh Schuster OR Ben Trbojevic

That's one mean arsed team, not to be messed with. We'd have a hell of a lot of depth too (Matterson, Parker, Tuipulotu, Talau, Weekes, Arthur, Humphreys, Faulalo, Sipley, Bullemor, Burbo, Woods) - but we NEED that one more marquee intimidation coming in.

So many permutations...this is exactly what has been needed. Competition for spots.
With the sort of depth we have, the main highlight would be that during Origin time, we are capable of winning those games regardless of who is out of the team.

Im interested to see how Burbo develops. He could really be like Zac Hosking who is a great support player / gap runner and just be impossible to stop over the try line.

Last edited:
1 Turbo
2 Saab
3 H Farnworth
4 Koula
5 Garrick
6 Brooks
7 DCE
8 Jake
9 H Grant
10 T Fa'asuamaleaui
11 Hamouli
12 Shoe
13 C Murray

14 Croker/GCKT
15 Paseka
16 Aloia/ Sipley
17 Lodge/ Keppie
18 Bully
And i would like to see Seibs take a chance and play with 2 fullbacks having Turbo and Koula playing and interchanging at fullback centre and also having koula drop back into a traditional fullback role and let turbo roam either side in attack

Last edited:
Is a good overview .The Shu or the really necessity for him to get back to his best level is the big one and especially also taking into account the money he will be on.
Not sure the best way to get Burbo to improve part of his tackling method , surely individually or the coaching staff will be trying to take some measures there .
Then the problem of trying to get some much better value for money from Alioia .
13 role still a concern , definitely will be preferable to have Lodge fit and firing before not too long but not sure how that is going to pan out . Also definitely a positive with the improved form of Bully and Sipley .
Can "t underestimate that swarming and effective type defence that the Panthers as one example use to such good effect . Manly sort of showed it against the Storm i st up this season , should be still there somewhere , well can only hope and on a more regular basis . Maybe a less injury ridden season will help
Noted some reference to Paulo playing some prior footy as a 6 , pretty demanding role at a higher level and with game control and so on but just interesting that he apparently again has had some previous background there and a player with no doubt good ability .
Just recall how well Luke Philips adapted and did well as a 6 and transitioning so well from the Wing and full back roles

Is a good overview .The Shu or the really necessity for him to get back to his best level is the big one and especially also taking into account the money he will be on.
Not sure the best way to get Burbo to improve part of his tackling method , surely individually or the coaching staff will be trying to take some measures there .
Then the problem of trying to get some much better value for money from Alioia .
13 role still a concern , definitely will be preferable to have Lodge fit and firing before not too long but not sure how that is going to pan out . Also definitely a positive with the improved form of Bully and Sipley .
Can "t underestimate that swarming and effective type defence that the Panthers as one example use to such good effect . Manly sort of showed it against the Storm i st up this season , should be still there somewhere , well can only hope and on a more regular basis . Maybe a less injury ridden season will help
Noted some reference to Paulo playing some prior footy as a 6 , pretty demanding role at a higher level and with game control and so on but just interesting that he apparently again has had some previous background there and a player with no doubt good ability .
Just recall how well Luke Philips adapted and did well as a 6 and transitioning so well from the Wing and full back roles

With manu and suali out this week Paulo will hopefully get a run. Haven’t seen him play since we signed him.

Alex Twal free to negotiate for next season.
Twal, Sironen, and Lodge not a bad selection considering what's on offer

Manly's top 30 squad for 2024

1. Turbo
  2. Saab
  3. Garrick
  4. Koula
  5. Vaega
  6. Brooks
  7. Cherry
  8. Paseka
  9. Croker
  10. Sipley
  11. Olakau'ata
  12. Schuster
  13. Jake
  14. Gordy
  15. Alioai
  16. Bullemor
  17. Burbo

Back 5 cover
    Fullback cover - koula and garrick - (center cover) - paulo and talau
    Wing cover - tuipilotu and paulo
    Centre cover - paulo and talau

Halves cover
    Five eight - Arthur
    Half back - Arthur (Brooks to half back) and humphreys

Hooker cover
    Gordy then Humphreys

Front row cover
    Keppie
    Aitasi James
    Caleb Navale
    Lodge (Mid-season)

Second row cover
    Fulton
    Lawton (utility as backup 14)

Lock cover
    Matterson
    Woods (to help James and Navale)

IMO Jake is too slow to play lock he needs to be in the front row. We need a busy speedy lock forward and I'm not sure that the Schu fits that criteria but provided he can lift his work rate to the level of 2021 that might be the answer. I'd like to see us sign Keaon Koloamatangi that would put us in the contest next year. Get it done Penn.

I note the concern regarding Burbo and Schuster, and understandable because they should, given their abilities be top first graders. Burbo's only issues to date relate to injuries. He's out more often than i, over the past year or two. However I have noted that he has improved markedly when he does get on the field. Still a kid in 2022, much stronger and effective in 2023 when he's on the field. I suspect he'll improve again over the off season. Barring injury, I suspect he'll be quite impressive next year.
Schuster is the enigma. Must admit I expected far more from him at 5/8. When he was on he was outstanding, but it didn't happen enough. Even despite that his try assists were top tier. His defense is far batter than some claim on this site. Its his preparedness to impose himself on the game that is the problem as I see it. He's back in the back row, but with a roving commission. Potentially he should be a star. I just hope someone gets into his ear and says, take control of the game Shu. That's where his problem lies. I really hope he comes to realise that next year. If he does, he'll dazzle. If he doesn't he'll fade to obscurity.

From the SMH:

It comes as Manly prop Sean Keppie became the latest player to be given the green light to speak to rival clubs despite being under contract on the northern beaches until the end of 2026.

IMO Jake is too slow to play lock he needs to be in the front row. We need a busy speedy lock forward and I'm not sure that the Schu fits that criteria but provided he can lift his work rate to the level of 2021 that might be the answer. I'd like to see us sign Keaon Koloamatangi that would put us in the contest next year. Get it done Penn.
Yeah, I like how the squad is taking shape for 24 and agree we are just one hard as nails forward short to really take us not only to the 8 but to the top 4. Hopefully Lodge will be right to go around late march. I really like what Lodge brings to the table so to speak.

From the SMH:

It comes as Manly prop Sean Keppie became the latest player to be given the green light to speak to rival clubs despite being under contract on the northern beaches until the end of 2026.
WOW..things are really ramping up as regards to player movements. Who's next ?.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8