Your a tough crowd, but what do you think of this?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't consider it as getting nothing out of it Fluffy.
1. We get naming rights;
2. We get bragging rights;
3. We get the feel good feeling.

Which is a ****load less than you get for $80 to become a member and heaps of people (most notably some who are backing your idea ??) complaign they dont get value for money. Now you want people to get less value for money.

If you arnt aware you can pay an extra amount on top of your membership and get a few behind the scenes perks, this would be the best way for those with the extra cash to part with it and feel like they get a something in return.

If i were you i would save your efforts for a cause that may have a chance and something i commend you on so far - the potential NAB sponsorship. With the right marketing they could really help the club, waiving a fee or something for football club members would really help both businesses as the NAB would snare more people on the peninsular and the club would get more members.

Mata it will create a headline for a week or so. But it will also show the club as being a bunch of amatures.

Admin are paid to generate sponsors. It's time for them to get smarter. Surely you don't need a celebrity to do this and if you think that's the case I'm glad you're not in charge of marketing.

[quote author=byso]

Unless MAnly can get Sarah Murdoch and Layne Beachley to do something similar (on a larger scale than the Eagle Angels) then Ryan's idea is a good Plan B.

It is a shame sarah can't get hubbie to write a cheque for a lazy $5 mill - that woudl solve a lot of problems

I can see the first headline now

CASH STRAPPED EAGLES......

I can't see this being taken any other way than a desperate last attempt to get some cash.

The only way it could work is if the money was guaranteed before anything was made public, or perhaps say company X puts in $100 000 and any money put in after that by supporters is matched by company X so your $100 is worth $200 to the club, this could just keep going until a set amount is reached.

But I still don't think it would work, I don't even buy membership because I see it as worthless, I would rather put it towards merchandise throughout the year, I'm sure there are a lot in the same boat.

Ryan, make it happen for the '08 season, make it very transperant and once a you get around 100 people go to the media and try to get the ball rolling. You make it happen and you have $100 from me for sure, you might even get your head on the footy show. just dont flee to majorca with pasos.

I am sceptical on this idea- the signal would be that the club is in huge trouble (which may or may not be accurate). They also could not do it without basically having the money raised before announcing a scheme as to fall short would be a bad signal as well.

With membership the results for three years work are very mediocre - though there are reasons for this - and for something like to this to fail would also be a death knell for the club.

Souths issue has always been that every one of their moves in the past five years have been panic knee=jerk reactions.

A scheme such as that proposed by Ryan (and good on him for thinking outside the square - even if it isn't the answer imo) would have to be carefully proposed and implemented.

Challenge to others is to come up with some other creative ideas that might help.

Manly fans are too fickle Dave. There's always a negative to come out of anything proposed. Supporters Group / Memberships / Season Tickets / Jersey type change etc etc etc.

FFS - If I say Jye Mullane isn't the 1/2 back to take us to a premiership, I get shot down. I make a joke about Cuthbo on the wing...people bring it up 2.5 years later !!!

Whether it's just this demographic, or just Manly Supporters as a whole, there is an overall need to wake up to ourselves, and put our hard earned where our mouth is, and support this club. If there was some positivity around it, it would take off. That's all it comes down to guys. If you can't afford it (Fluffy for example), don't put a dampener on it mate, just admit......Any money provided - whether it be 1 person or 2000, it is better than nothing at all. As hard as that is to understand, it actually is truth. If we aren't a major, back of jersey sponsor, why not a silver sponsor, or anything like that. You know, something that HELPS support what I would consider a lot of your hobbies - The Eagles.

I tell you this IMO. Luke O'Donnell and Gallen are out of our price range because we can't afford them. Not because they don't fit into our salary cap. Again....for the hackers....in MY opinion.

Lets inject some support in the club we so easily critique, without negativity (Corso Pete), and without siloism?

Seriously guys.......

i think mata hit the nail on the head - get miss murdoch to hold out on hubby until he chuck a spare mil or two our way

I agree Flufter - wholeheartedly. I was going to mention this on the official site, but thought I'd be banned for the suggestion.

Manly fans are too fickle Dave. There's always a negative to come out of anything proposed. Supporters Group / Memberships / Season Tickets / Jersey type change etc etc etc.

FFS - If I say Jye Mullane isn't the 1/2 back to take us to a premiership, I get shot down. I make a joke about Cuthbo on the wing...people bring it up 2.5 years later !!!

Whether it's just this demographic, or just Manly Supporters as a whole, there is an overall need to wake up to ourselves, and put our hard earned where our mouth is, and support this club. If there was some positivity around it, it would take off. That's all it comes down to guys. If you can't afford it (Fluffy for example), don't put a dampener on it mate, just admit......Any money provided - whether it be 1 person or 2000, it is better than nothing at all. As hard as that is to understand, it actually is truth. If we aren't a major, back of jersey sponsor, why not a silver sponsor, or anything like that. You know, something that HELPS support what I would consider a lot of your hobbies - The Eagles.

I tell you this IMO. Luke O'Donnell and Gallen are out of our price range because we can't afford them. Not because they don't fit into our salary cap. Again....for the hackers....in MY opinion.

Lets inject some support in the club we so easily critique, without negativity (Corso Pete), and without siloism?

Seriously guys.......

:violin: ;)

[quote author=Ryan]

Seriously guys.......

:violin: ;)

[/quote]

Quick to provide criticism;
Slow to provide tangible support. ;)

I would support the idea if it got of the ground but there is no way in the world it will work when people have issues in becoming members of the football club.

I dont see how chucking in $100 is any different to becoming a member as becoming a member is in a round about way sponsoring the team. You also get to feel good about doing it and get a few things thrown in. I understand you are not a sponsor as such but its not like you will get your own name on the jumper under this suggestion.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6