Year of the Warrior?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagle9413

Forward Pass
I know it’s only early days, but how good have the Warriors been so far? 4-0 and top of the table. Not to mention, they won very easily without Johnson against a team filled to the brim with big names. Blake Green has also settled in well over there.

We play them in round 14. It will be interesting to see if they can keep up this momentum until then.

Blake Green is showing again what many people here couldn't see last year ... he steers very capably .... good luck to him and the Warriors

They are due for a good year, or rather, well overdue.
It helps that they've been able to sign some Kiwi Test forwards and an experienced 5/8.
Might be break-through year for them? If so, I'd rather them to shine than the likes of the Eels, Dogs or Storm.

edit - signed 4 Kiwi test players - Blair, Harris, Hiku and Beale - plus Green, plus Pulu who is pretty damaging.

Warriors have to thank us for letting Green go early. Like I said Many times before we have strengthen Warriors while we have weaken our team. Even if he wanted to go we could have been tough on him and played him in our Intrust super cup team if Green didn't want to perform in our 1st grade team then again I would have upped his contract or at least tried to keep him.

I'v already taken warriors minor premiers onto Swans minor premiers got 105/1. Warriors were 40's into 21 so i pounced. Swans 5/1. Let it ride. Also followed up with Argentina world cup winners and Tiger for the masters total=5,500/1 for a lazy 10 returning 55k.

They have certainly been impressive. To belt the chooks with Johnson was amazing.

Problem is they have done this so many times.

They always find a way to lose the plot.

Also Green is likely to miss some games as he is at an age where he is injury prone.

Every year there is a hot start team that fizzles. Last year it was the Droogs. Could be them again this year or could be the Worriers. Time will tell and ultimately they are still coached by Kearney who is garbage.

Also Green is likely to miss some games as he is at an age where he is injury prone.
Maybe but I don't think so, the way he plays he could go for several more years.
He doesn't sprint much he just schemes and kicks. Very underrated, or at least, up until now.

I know it’s only early days, but how good have the Warriors been so far? 4-0 and top of the table. Not to mention, they won very easily without Johnson against a team filled to the brim with big names. Blake Green has also settled in well over there.

We play them in round 14. It will be interesting to see if they can keep up this momentum until then.
They should kick some top 4 butt during SOO

When ppl have Newcastle/ Souths as the so called second favourite team it makes me sick...
But I will confess - I actually like the Warriors..,,
Still think with this early season form , it only shows any team can pull off an upset and it’s a really open season in 2018.
Enjoyed seeing the Chooks get spanked though and reckon the Titans will give a sight today in a game Broncos are hot favourites.
It’s just a season where upsets will be common, especially the first 5-6 rounds...

I am not expecting the Warriors to maintain this form for anymore than another month. This team has never really enjoyed success together so when the inevitable slump happens, it will be uncharted waters navigating their way out of it. They'll finish 7-8th.

I am not expecting the Warriors to maintain this form for anymore than another month. This team has never really enjoyed success together so when the inevitable slump happens, it will be uncharted waters navigating their way out of it. They'll finish 7-8th.

Yes you can see their heads dropping after the first loss AND they’ll get one soon.

One thing with the NRL , is that stringing a long run of wins together is almost impossible!

Without being disrespectful people isn’t there another section for non manly related matters.This manly related forum is all ready congested as it is.

Remember the NRL Comp is really a marathon but the signs are good. They were wonderful yesterday all across the park. Plus they won't be affected much by Origin which helps too. The challenge for Kearney is keeping their heads screwed on for the whole season. Expect a mid season slump at some stage where they'll drop a few on the trot.

Remember the NRL Comp is really a marathon but the signs are good. They were wonderful yesterday all across the park. Plus they won't be affected much by Origin which helps too. The challenge for Kearney is keeping their heads screwed on for the whole season. Expect a mid season slump at some stage where they'll drop a few on the trot.
Problem for the Warriors and Manly is that dumb UK v NZ mid year Test in Denver - June 23 :cool:
http://www.rugby-league.com/article/51908/england-to-play-new-zealand-in-denver

Waste of talent for a nothing game that could result in injuries for a few NRL Teams :mad:

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8