Woodsie's Team List Tuesdays

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Both the Reggies and 1st Grade are going to be great games. What a way to spend an Autumn Sunday afternoon.

I have convinced the wife to come along, so I had to get grandstand seats. This will be her second time ever attending a Manly game and so far she has not seen Manly lose. In fact, the first time was last year against the Dolphins and we had front row seats, next to the fence on the Western side on about the 40m line, and she has plenty of photos of Rubin Garrick's butt, when he was kicking goals from the sideline. Let's hope my wife attending is a good omen.
Oh how I'd love to spend another sunny Sunday arvo at Brooky, its been years .... I don't travel too well now but I'll catch them as usual when they play at the Gold Coast ...

Usually just before an eels game we get a few new members ( Eel trolls) to try and stir the pot a little. They must not be that confident this time around

He is around reading a fair bit.

Honestly there used to be far more diverse chats on here but there was an under current of respect between posters which is sadly missing I feel
It's pretty obvious why long time posters are leaving and why diversity in chats is lacking, you can't even make constructive critical analytical posts here without someone being offended or twisting the narrative to suit their own agendas, this eventually leads to attacking the individual which then triggers a protective or pride induced response which is fair enough i say.

Two posters in this very thread have given great examples of the passive aggressive contradict themselves style of responses that is killing these forums slowly but at a steady pace.

Team performance wise (keeping it "shortish and "vague" to please the higher ups) Fitness levels looking good, Brooks sharpening up the middle and keeping the inside shoulders of defenders honest is something Manly have lacked for over a decade and has been great to see as long as he doesn't overplay his passing and kicking abilities.

Outside backs there is worrying poor defensive reads that are going to be found out big time soon enough, three seasoned players are not performing as well as has been made out and we are lacking a sharp middle forward that plays reasonably high minutes but we convince ourselves the alternative option has more positives than negatives and it prevents Manly going to another intensity level.

Browns at the line ball playing at times has shown some nice quality about it and sadly of higher quality than on display by "others" in the squad.(meaning more than one)

The overuse of short side plays while i'm sure will show some returns in games comes across more like a "comfort i'm lacking ideas go to play masked behind it looking like a "heads up play", other times it's not trying to be a heads up play but a predictable thought out go to play that requires more subtle variations and planning behind it to increase it's effectiveness against the better defensive outfits.

It's pretty obvious why long time posters are leaving and why diversity in chats is lacking, you can't even make constructive critical analytical posts here without someone being offended or twisting the narrative to suit their own agendas, this eventually leads to attacking the individual which then triggers a protective or pride induced response which is fair enough i say.

Two posters in this very thread have given great examples of the passive aggressive contradict themselves style of responses that is killing these forums slowly but at a steady pace.

Team performance wise (keeping it "shortish and "vague" to please the higher ups) Fitness levels looking good, Brooks sharpening up the middle and keeping the inside shoulders of defenders honest is something Manly have lacked for over a decade and has been great to see as long as he doesn't overplay his passing and kicking abilities.

Outside backs there is worrying poor defensive reads that are going to be found out big time soon enough, three seasoned players are not performing as well as has been made out and we are lacking a sharp middle forward that plays reasonably high minutes but we convince ourselves the alternative option has more positives than negatives and it prevents Manly going to another intensity level.

Browns at the line ball playing at times has shown some nice quality about it and sadly of higher quality than on display by "others" in the squad.(meaning more than one)

The overuse of short side plays while i'm sure will show some returns in games comes across more like a "comfort i'm lacking ideas go to play masked behind it looking like a "heads up play", other times it's not trying to be a heads up play but a predictable thought out go to play that requires more subtle variations and planning behind it to increase it's effectiveness against the better defensive outfits.
Brown looks like he might actually run the ball before he dishes the ball. Crucial part of being a ball playing forward. If the opposition middles never feel like they might have to tackle you, you're just a ****ty slow getting in the way extra halfback.

Where ever we go we will find different people with different views
This forum is no different
We either learn to take people as they are and take no notice of the ones that we dont see eye to eye or we go and live in our own solitude world

No one remains in the same place for ever
People have come and gone since day one
When some one leaves from this world another takes their place
Same as our forum

The Great News is ...
Whilst there is a Manly Sea eagles Club
We will always have Passionate Manly people
Long Live the Mighty Manly Sea eagles
1711111106285.png

I think it is a positive sign that people are continuing to keep this thread going in a sign of respect for a long term member who does not appear to be posting anymore..

I have also noticed since the monkey gate fiasco a group of members who took a similar position do not seem to be posting anymore…. One in particular openly indicated that they would not continue to post as they were quite disappointed by the views displayed by other members. I find this kind of childish from a surface level perspective ( maybe there is something deeper to it) but it is thankfully a free world..

Seems “Des like” in the fact we lose and no changes made.

Toff lurking on the reserves but disappointing that “disinterested Paulo” gets another run in front of Talau who is also back on reserves.

Is Lawman that far ahead of Jakob Arthur?

Talau in should have been a no brainer for either Paulo or Vaega out , sure reminds me of Dez style coaching. Sips should get the nod off the bench, we need another big bopper.

Last edited:
The St Illawarra have a few big boppers in the side and Sipley would have been ideal off the bench as this is exactly the area they are going to try dominate ....in saying that, we are 2 from 3 and travelling ok, so happy to run with the side chosen hoping Seibold got it right.

Sadly the Slime’s provided the blue and gold print for the goons, if they want to play footy, bring it, we’ll win comfortably, just like the cows, thing is that didn’t work for them last weekend and reviewing our game, I think they’ll be looking to copy Parra’s game, weather the early assault and turn it into a grind through the middle.

Some extra punch in the middle mightn‘t be a bad idea, would hate to see a repeat of last weekend, especially knowing the goons will get up for us, they always do. Don’t really want to see Bully dropped but the bigger bodies of Sips and Corey might be the better option. Might even be worth starting with Corey and bring Ben off the bench. I get we lose an interchange and having your edges play 80 is the ideal option, but Ben didn’t get 80 last week and if their middles come after him, I know if I was Flano I’d be sending plenty his way, anyway just a thought.

Seems “Des like” in the fact we lose and no changes made.

Toff lurking on the reserves but disappointing that “disinterested Paulo” gets another run in front of Talau who is also back on reserves.

Is Lawman that far ahead of Jakob Arthur?

We lost by 4 points with everything against us and you want changes 🫣 Talau will play if fit. Sipley probably needs a week in Reggie’s for match fitness. Unfortunately Paulo will be there until Saab is back.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8