Wombat Documentary

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What about Ron Willey and Bob Batty? The former played for Australia from Canterbury. The latter was a fine fullback in an era when Barnes, Thornett, Langlands and (Les) Johns amongst others, i.e. Parish and McKean, were all Australian reps. Batty was right up there.
Bob Batty presented me with my first under 7’s premiership pennant at the Albion park oak flats eagles in group 7
He and others turned up each year as we played in the manly strip

Ensured we gained many manly supporters from age 7

Manly legend Graham Eadie is in Tweed Hospital fighting bacterial meningitis and the after-effects of a stroke.
Eadie, 70, has been in Tweed Hospital for 10 days as he also confronts speech issues and weakness in his hands.
He underwent a lumbar puncture test in Tugun Satellite Hospital on Thursday.
The results concluded Eadie had sustained a stroke and contracted bacterial meningitis. He also endures seizures through epilepsy.
Former Manly boss Ken Arthurson with Graham Eadie. Eadie is fighting bacterial meningitis and the after-effects of a stroke.

Former Manly boss Ken Arthurson with Graham Eadie. Eadie is fighting bacterial meningitis and the after-effects of a stroke.
“Dad’s not doing too well but he has family around him. He’s a fighter and will keep on fighting,” said Eadie’s son, Brook.
“Hopefully Dad will be out of hospital soon.”
Good friend and former Australian teammate, Larry Corowa said: “Wombat has a long journey and process ahead of him.”
Graham Eadie is one of Manly’s greatest ever players.

Graham Eadie is one of Manly’s greatest ever players.
The barnstorming Sea Eagles fullback nicknamed Wombat still holds the Manly club pointscoring record, having posted 1917 points between 1971 and 1983, through 71 tries, 847 goals and three field goals.
He is widely regarded as being among the greatest players in Manly’s proud 77-year history.
Manly has been blessed with brilliant fullbacks over the decades including Eadie, Bob Batty, Matthew Ridge, Brett Stewart and Tom Trbojevic.
Originally published as Manly Sea Eagles legend Graham Eadie in health battle

Our peerless 4 time premiership Winning Fullback is the Benchmark of Manly Premiership Success

He will always remain in proud Manly Winning history and our Manly supporters Hearts

The Wombat is a Legendary Manly player and a lovely Manly man

Prayers and well Wishes Wombat :h:
1712297231006.png

Get well mighty Wombat .... I'd love to chat and have you pour me another beer at the Billi ....
1712355559411.png

Last edited:
Bob Batty presented me with my first under 7’s premiership pennant at the Albion park oak flats eagles in group 7
He and others turned up each year as we played in the manly strip

Ensured we gained many manly supporters from age 7
As a gong boy by birth, words like Albion parks and oak flats set me off. I may be in Hong Kong, and I’ve lived in Asia for as long as I lived in Oz, but these were places that mapped my childhood. So cool, thanks.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8