Wombat’s plan to nullify Inglis

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
FORMER  Sea Eagles star fullback Graham “Wombat” Eadie has provided his blueprint for his old team to nullify South Sydney danger man Greg Inglis when the sides clash at Bluetongue Stadium tonight.

Eadie was the Greg Inglis of his time — a powerhouse fullback who could cause havoc and bust opposition defences .

He won four premierships with Manly.

Read More

FORMER  Sea Eagles star fullback Graham “Wombat” Eadie has provided his blueprint for his old team to nullify South Sydney danger man Greg Inglis when the sides clash at Bluetongue Stadium tonig
WOMBAT1.jpg
ht.

Eadie was the Greg Inglis of his time — a powerhouse fullback who could cause havoc and bust opposition defences .

He won four premierships with Manly.

The 105kg Inglis started the season in dynamic fashion, crossing for three tries in last week’s win over the Roosters.

“I think they just have to get up on him and in his face,” said Eadie, who played 237 games for Manly from 1971 to 1983.

“I think it is going to be very difficult.

“But if they can control him that way with kicks or getting up quickly in defence they can put a bit of pressure on him and hopefully he can drop a few balls and lose a bit of confidence.”

Eadie has been highly impressed with the way Inglis has performed since switching to No.1 last year.

“I thought he may have come back from England (World Cup) as the No.1 fullback, he is playing that well,” Eadie said “He is definitely up there with Billy Slater.”

Eadie is hoping the Sea Eagles can bounce back from their second-half debacle against the Storm.

“They can pick it up. They went all right in the first half so why can’t they do it against Souths?” he said.

Souths coach Michael Maguire said he was wary of the Sea Eagles following their 23-22 golden point loss. “It was very unlike a Manly team so I know they’re going to be fired up this week and we have to make sure we’re well and truly on our game,” he said.

“In that first half they were on fire and put a lot of great plays on and showed their capabilities — and no doubt they’ll try and do that this week.

“They’ve been a quality team for a long time. It’s going to be a real quality game, with good battles in the front row and no doubt out on the edges.”

Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/no-room-to-move-for-rabbitohs-ace-fullback/story-fngr8iii-1226854034631

Easier said than done. Inglis is the best player in the world he needs to be starved off the ball and can't run full of steam otherwise he runs over the top of anyone. Good post though. We need Wombat Power :p

What insightful advice: "Get up in his face".
Wonder why no-one has ever thought of that before?

Not knocking Wombat, just the journo. Surely you can come up with a more sophisticated 'plan to stop Inglis'.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8