Williame Charged

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mikem

Reserve Grader
Sea Eagles outside back Brayden Wiliame is in danger of missing his side's Round 19 match with the Warriors after being cited for a shoulder charge by the NRL match review committee in his side's big win over the Dragons at Brookvale Oval on Monday night.

With Wiliame's 66th minute shot on Josh Dugan deemed a grade one shoulder charge, a previous good record means an early guilty plea would see the former Parramatta player miss just one week following Manly's final bye of the season in Round 18.

If he disputes the charge at the NRL judiciary and is found guilty, Wiliame would sit out two weeks.

In the old days there would have been no problem with that hit on Dugan. Not much in it but when I saw it happen last night, I thought it was a shoulder charge. Unfortunately he's done this just as he was coming good and after his best performance for Manly.

Dugan milked that to the max, however there is no getting around the fact that it was a shoulder charge. Stupid however that you automatically get a week for something that innocuous, but don't miss anytime for foul play that actually injures the other player

No surprise he got cited, I don't think it was a deliberate shoulder charge it was just his natural instinct to drop his arm and brace for contact which turned it into a shoulder charge, even though he wasn't really "charging"

One week is fair enough. Does Snake come back in and Tommy go to centre again ?

His right elbow is not pressed to his body, that is why it's not a shoulder charge.:shake:
There were a couple of players this year - Klemmer etc- who were cleared because the arm was not braced.

Fight for your players Manly :!!:

Agreed. I'll look at it again but I thought he had his left hand on dugan when his right shoulder made contact. surely that, and the elbow not on the body is enough to get him off (manly loading notwithstanding)

http://m.nrl.com/buettner-clarifies-shoulder-charge-rulings/tabid/10874/newsid/88979/default.aspx

There are three really important indicators that people need to understand, and I guess there has to be a level of acceptance in relation to the shoulder charge," Buettner said.

"The key components are: forceful contact, the upper arm tucked into the side of the upper body – it's irrelevant what the lower arm does – and at the same time, wrapping, with both arms. If they (both arms) aren't present, it will be considered a shoulder charge.

Fight for Hex
images (1).jpg

There's been a few shoulder charges that haven't even been charged this year but of course, depends on what jumper you wear.

There was one a couple of weeks ago as someone went into the corner to score and the opposition player flew across with a DEFINATE SHOULDER CHARGE. Nothing happened with that one and everyone expected a charge. Koroibete? Melbourne? Can't remember who it was but there have been some blatant ones this year that have not been dealt with.

As usual, consistency is pathetic!

Wow - Thompson must be out for the year then and Benji for a month based on their tackles in comparison

Hope he's not rubbed out but if he is, put Brown there. He only has to mark up on Ayshford, not a real centre.

I agree. Challenge it! One angle looked bad, the other not so.
Also, nice work HM!!

Looking at those examples you would say yes fight the charge, get whoever represents the dogs players as they always seem to get off their suspensions

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6