1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Williame Charged

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by mikem, Jul 5, 2016.

1. mikem

mikem Active Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Sea Eagles outside back Brayden Wiliame is in danger of missing his side's Round 19 match with the Warriors after being cited for a shoulder charge by the NRL match review committee in his side's big win over the Dragons at Brookvale Oval on Monday night.

With Wiliame's 66th minute shot on Josh Dugan deemed a grade one shoulder charge, a previous good record means an early guilty plea would see the former Parramatta player miss just one week following Manly's final bye of the season in Round 18.

If he disputes the charge at the NRL judiciary and is found guilty, Wiliame would sit out two weeks.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  2. robbiea

robbiea Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,603 / 65
    He is Hex again !

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 40
    Well I guess he really is turning into Matai

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Rodo

Rodo Goldmember 2016 Tipping Competitor

Southern Sydney
    Ratings:
    +484 / 14
    In the old days there would have been no problem with that hit on Dugan. Not much in it but when I saw it happen last night, I thought it was a shoulder charge. Unfortunately he's done this just as he was coming good and after his best performance for Manly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. MissKate

MissKate Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,022 / 7
    Dugan milked that to the max, however there is no getting around the fact that it was a shoulder charge. Stupid however that you automatically get a week for something that innocuous, but don't miss anytime for foul play that actually injures the other player

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    No surprise he got cited, I don't think it was a deliberate shoulder charge it was just his natural instinct to drop his arm and brace for contact which turned it into a shoulder charge, even though he wasn't really "charging"

One week is fair enough. Does Snake come back in and Tommy go to centre again ?

7. Mr Manly 007

Mr Manly 007 Active Member

Ratings:
    +217 / 5
    If he was a high profile player like Paul Gallen , there would be no charge . I'd have to have a few more looks , but I thought his hands came in contact with Duggan during the tackle.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Disco

Disco Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 37
    Yeah when I saw it I figured he would get a game out

The game is so soft these days

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 46
    It was a good shot, none the less.

If you watch it in slow motion, and zoom in really closely.......you can see a squirt of ink shoot out Dugan's left ear.

That was a hard hit!

• Funny Funny x 5
  10. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    **** me they are making this game soft

Are they really trying to tell me that Thaiday dropping Gallen square on the top of his head is only marginally worse than that ?

• Agree Agree x 14
  11. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    His right elbow is not pressed to his body, that is why it's not a shoulder charge.:shake:
    There were a couple of players this year - Klemmer etc- who were cleared because the arm was not braced.

Fight for your players Manly :!!:

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Informative Informative x 3
  12. globaleagle

globaleagle Où est mon chapeau Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,800 / 58
    Agreed. I'll look at it again but I thought he had his left hand on dugan when his right shoulder made contact. surely that, and the elbow not on the body is enough to get him off (manly loading notwithstanding)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. HappilyManly

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    http://m.nrl.com/buettner-clarifies-shoulder-charge-rulings/tabid/10874/newsid/88979/default.aspx

There are three really important indicators that people need to understand, and I guess there has to be a level of acceptance in relation to the shoulder charge," Buettner said.

"The key components are: forceful contact, the upper arm tucked into the side of the upper body – it's irrelevant what the lower arm does – and at the same time, wrapping, with both arms. If they (both arms) aren't present, it will be considered a shoulder charge.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. HappilyManly

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Fight for Hex
    images (1).jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. manlywarringah

manlywarringah Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +894 / 27
    There's been a few shoulder charges that haven't even been charged this year but of course, depends on what jumper you wear.

There was one a couple of weeks ago as someone went into the corner to score and the opposition player flew across with a DEFINATE SHOULDER CHARGE. Nothing happened with that one and everyone expected a charge. Koroibete? Melbourne? Can't remember who it was but there have been some blatant ones this year that have not been dealt with.

As usual, consistency is pathetic!

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    Wow - Thompson must be out for the year then and Benji for a month based on their tackles in comparison

17. HappilyManly

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,802 / 122
    Hope he's not rubbed out but if he is, put Brown there. He only has to mark up on Ayshford, not a real centre.

19. Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,028 / 52
    I agree. Challenge it! One angle looked bad, the other not so.
    Also, nice work HM!!

20. MissKate

MissKate Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,022 / 7
    Looking at those examples you would say yes fight the charge, get whoever represents the dogs players as they always seem to get off their suspensions