1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will NRL Heads Roll Over Storm Betting Scam

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by bob dylan, Mar 17, 2011.

1. bob dylan

bob dylan Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,401 / 130
    Cant wait to see who at the NRL leaked the info and instigated the big bets on the Storm losing all their points and getting the spoon last year.

John Elias is right to squeal about this, the NRL have been whinging about the Dogs/Cowboys game but have said nothing about the massive bets on the Storm to get the spoon. Payouts over $200,00 involved. WHo seriously would of backed  them to get the spoon without inside knowledge.

That main facts to me are

1. The punters done their money on the Dogs game when the tap was taken.

2. The punters collected huge amounts when the Storm where stripped of their points

The fleas at the NRL make Elias, Tandy etc look like gentlemen.

2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    Who is to say it was from the NRL?
    Could have been one of the independent auditors, one of their friends, wikileaks who knows

3. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,243 / 131
    As you said who would of backed the purple pricks to get the spoon without inside knowledge.

It stinks and surely the payouts to any punter should have been withheld until it was looked into.

4. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    agree Bob, The fact the NRL has sat on this report, regardless of who the leak is

The horse has bolted as far as strong leadership is concerned with this issue

And funnily the TAB never complained as they would have paid out more on other spoon candidates

5. bob dylan

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,401 / 130
    Well who else would of known about it, the kids from the local primary school or the ladies in the tuck shop???

Murrihy said  "privileged information was leaked and used for betting purposes" by punters who had prior knowledge of the Storm salary cap scandal".

6. mickqld

mickqld Sack Greenslime 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +3,744 / 57
    The reason all this didn't come out was because they couldn't find anyone from Manly involved to hang **** on. NRL - Bunch of ****wits.

7. jbb/james

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    The reason all this didn't come out was because they couldn't find anyone from Manly involved to hang s**t on. NRL - Bunch of f**kwits.
    [/quote]

I feel sorry for Frank then

8. Cletus

Cletus Active Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    There's nothing at all illegal about betting with inside knowledge. I agree it stinks but for it to be like the Cowboys-Dogs game they would have had to have rorted the salary cap so they could get the wooden spoon, or stripped them of their points so they could win a bet.

9. MadMarcus

MadMarcus Local Lunatic 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +5,806 / 53
    I hope it comes out that a relative of David Gallop placed a bet on the Storm to get the spoon.

I think it is unlikely that it would have happened, but wouldn't it make a nice headline?

10. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    The thing is that the NRL sat on the report for so long.  Very fishy.  Gallopese would have had to know about that and agreed with it being sat on. 

11. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    More importantly what ever happened to the threat of criminal charges against the Melbourne executives, and Brian Waldron in particular, for their roles in the salary cap rorting. Seems to have been conveniently forgotten....or swept under the carpet by a complicit News Ltd and NRL. 

12. bob dylan

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,401 / 130
    I read today that the player agents involved about to learn their fate.

13. Frank

Frank Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,157 / 26
    There's nothing at all illegal about betting with inside knowledge. I agree it stinks but for it to be like the Cowboys-Dogs game they would have had to have rorted the salary cap so they could get the wooden spoon, or stripped them of their points so they could win a bet.
    [/quote]

Spot on. The two incidents are completely different. One was a conspiracy from beginning to failed end. The other an example of opportunism.

14. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    Honestly I am hoping that it is the melbourne storm players who did it... wouldn't that be beautiful. Smith, Slater and co stood down for betting on this. Ha.

15. bob dylan

Junee
    Ratings:
    +4,401 / 130
    [/quote]

There is inside knowledge as you say and there are laws pertaining to fraud.

16. Ralphie

Ralphie Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Bredbo
    Ratings:
    +2,093 / 231
    I'm just dirty I wasn't in on it............only kidding...........I think

17. swoop

swoop Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,201 / 16
    Ian Schubert has been known to shoot his mouth off. He leaked details of the Inglis deal with souffs.

18. Central Coast Eagle

Central Coast Eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 2
    No they wouldn't be stood down, they'd be allowes to play until the judicial process took it's course, and then find a loop hole to still be allowed to play afterwards.

19. jbb/james

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    remember its double demerit season

20. eagle-rock08

eagle-rock08 Active Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0
    Its probably worth putting a lazy $100 on each grandfinalist each year to win the spoon.  That would have been good value with the dogs and Melbourne over the past few years.