Will Matai and Taupau do time?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Eagleheart

Bencher
Just wondering if anyone thinks Matai and Taupau have anything to worry about.

Looking through my maroon and white glasses I kind of thought that putting Matai on report was ridiculous. He actually had his arm wrapped around Tolman and had his hand on the fleabags shoulder, Tolman actually fell into it which made it look a bit high...............! I have seen plenty of high hits this weekend far worse than what Matai did, but with Manly loading anything is possible.

And with Taupau, well I did not see what happened but he apparently shoulder charged ear biter. Taupau is also not a stranger to the judiciary so even with a grade one he could be out for more than one match.

Taupau won't hopefully it was way after the ball had gone and was soft. I hope Matai is out so we can move Tom to centre and lavaka to wing really keen to see lavaka he should played instead of Williame

Re-Taupau. On the CH9 Sunday Footy Show, Johns & Fittler thought there was nothing in it. But, they're not the NRL.
(Johns said it, Fittler mumbled agreement)

I think Matai will be ok but Taupau is in trouble.
That was the dumbest shoulder charge of all time. Off our line on a player without the ball. So over reading how strong he is @:mad:

Matai should be OK if he takes in the vision of the 50 camera angles, now available through the bunker system.

Looked like he hit the upper bicep that then bounced up - much like the charge he was cleared of against the Scumo player last year.
Although he sat out a week for touching Ceccine in the aftermath :confused:

Matai barely touched his head. Penalty and move on. It just always seems to be put on report when its Matai.

The popular "Manly loading" theory is fun to talk about but flawed at times like Matai being cleared to play the 2011 GF and nothing said by the officials after Marty Tapau's lifting tackle in the all star game.

Watching any game though I have abolutely no idea what the difference is between "High, penalty, move on" and "On report, grade 1 charge, guilty, 1 week + loading for priors".

Are there any guidelines in relation to this or is it just Matai/Manly loading with some random chance thrown in to keep us all guessing?

Tapau will probably get something though it was a soft shoulder charge
Go back to Mason last year and his ridiculous suspension he got

the ref on Fridays game was a w*nker,all over the eagles from the getgo
Although he did give Manly 5 or 6 penalties in a row (some might say to try and even the scores after the Dogs had a big lead) but even that did not help Manly's cause.

Matai was only put on report to give the cheating dogs a very handy free interchange, Tillman was due a break, the dogs will be the best team to manipulate the free interchange rule this season

Common sense says Matai should get off, Tolman fell into it and even then it was only borderline high. However common sense is rare at the judiciary.

Taupau has to get something for his effort, even if it is just for the sheer stupidity of it. I'm not sure what carry overs or priors he has, but I would imagine he'll get at least a week, if not two if there are loadings.

Matai was only put on report to give the cheating dogs a very handy free interchange, Tillman was due a break, the dogs will be the best team to manipulate the free interchange rule this season
I totally agree MissKate,the roosters did the same a couple of seasons ago with JWH and I think it was against the dogs as well,so yes ,it can be manipulated for sure

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6