Will Manly Make The Top 4?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Will Manly Make The Top 4?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 31 50.8%

• Total voters
Just done a ladder predictor and had us 5th, equal 4th with Cronulla. I'm not too sure if that's how it'll pan out, and after this performance i don't really believe we deserve top 4, although it shows it's still technically a chance of happening (but we have to get our **** together for 80mins each week). This all depends on the Sharks dropping one game, that game would be against the chooks imo. This tigers loss hurts our chances badly though

I am officially strapped in for the roller-coaster ride from hell. I just hope that i get to experience a small slice of heaven before the final descent into the bowels of hell! :sweating:

Just done a ladder predictor and had us 5th, equal 4th with Cronulla. I'm not too sure if that's how it'll pan out, and after this performance i don't really believe we deserve top 4, although it shows it's still technically a chance of happening (but we have to get our **** together for 80mins each week). This all depends on the Sharks dropping one game, that game would be against the chooks imo. This tigers loss hurts our chances badly though

It will come down to the sharks vs roosters game as you said.Also we need the broncos to beat parra in 2 weeks time to help.

I said this in another thread I still think we will make week 2 of the finals, probably playing the roosters.

I just hope we don't waste all the good work we have done this year, we are a top 8 side at our best but we have only shown glimpses of this.

Yes, we have forgotten how to defend as a team.
Yeah, definitely. I reckon the roosters game we showed glimpses. In Tigers game we were really good first half defensively although went missing for 30minutes. I saw us desperately try hang on to a lead with ten minutes left with some of that defence we saw earlier in the season, although it was too late in the game and our boys were busted at that point.

All this " relying on other results" is just glossing over the fact that we just aren't quite good enough yet to be consistent.

There's no reason we could not have one every one of our last four.

At this point we look as though the opposite might occur.

All this " relying on other results" is just glossing over the fact that we just aren't quite good enough yet to be consistent.

There's no reason we could not have one every one of our last four.

At this point we look as though the opposite might occur.

Even if we beat the Bulldogs 50-0 next week, we could very well get flogged in our last two games and get bundled out of the 8. I wonder how much of a change we will see when Sironen comes back? And he will be far from match fit.

I think we will only beat the Worryers. Hope I'm wrong but Tigers at Leichhardt is like St Merge at the Gong. The dishlickers will be due for a win at home for Grub & the Riff will be too desperate for us.?like I said, I hope I'm wrong.

Well, you have been wrong since Baz got here so I'm sure your hopes will come true.
How are we travelling now there Woodsie? Look on the bright side, I've predicted a win next weekend. That blast the SuperCoach gave them last week had a big impact didn't it.

How are we travelling now there Woodsie? Look on the bright side, I've predicted a win next weekend. That blast the SuperCoach gave them last week had a big impact didn't it.

Just glad that you can take so much joy out of it. You really are a special person.

Just glad that you can take so much joy out of it. You really are a special person.
Seriously Woodsie, how on earth did you read into that any joy whatsoever. Mate I have followed this team passionately for almost 55 years and in that time traveled to the other side of the world to watch them play and you think I take pleasure from this.

The only reason I posted that was to show you that sometimes others opinions are valid and that not every single opinion different to yours is utterly invalid despite what you appear to think.

Seriously Woodsie, how on earth did you read into that any joy whatsoever. Mate I have followed this team passionately for almost 55 years and in that time traveled to the other side of the world to watch them play and you think I take pleasure from this.

The only reason I posted that was to show you that sometimes others opinions are valid and that not every single opinion different to yours is utterly invalid despite what you appear to think.

Haha, sometimes people just need to take the punch and be done with it. Not Woodsie!

****k it's gone quiet ....

@Ralphie It's not your opinion I have an issue with ... it is the relentless need you have to bag the **** out of Manly's coach. You started the first week in 2016 when he had the temerity to select a team you disagreed with and only let up when we looked like making the top 4 this year.

You disappeared ...

And then, a form slump, lose a few games and you're back.

When we flogged Cronulla .. did Flanagan become a bad coach?
When we beat Easts twice .. did Robinson become a bad coach?
When we beat Raiders twice ... did Stuart become a bad coach?
When we flogged Cowboys .. did Green become a bad coach?

Each of those coaches have won a premiership, yet their teams are still capable of copping hidings .... a form slump and loses don't suddenly make Baz a bad coach.

****k it's gone quiet ....

@Ralphie It's not your opinion I have an issue with ... it is the relentless need you have to bag the **** out of Manly's coach. You started the first week in 2016 when he had the temerity to select a team you disagreed with and only let up when we looked like making the top 4 this year.

You disappeared ...

And then, a form slump, lose a few games and you're back.

When we flogged Cronulla .. did Flanagan become a bad coach?
When we beat Easts twice .. did Robinson become a bad coach?
When we beat Raiders twice ... did Stuart become a bad coach?
When we flogged Cowboys .. did Green become a bad coach?

Each of those coaches have won a premiership, yet their teams are still capable of copping hidings .... a form slump and loses don't suddenly make Baz a bad coach.

The only reason I disappeared was because of the personal attacks from many on here rather than debate the issues and my general disillusionment with the game in general.

We disagree about Barrett and no doubt will do so unless or until he wins a premiership. Have you thought for a moment that everyone blowing smoke up his backside was as difficult for me (and others) to swallow as my views were for you or is this one of those one way traffic deals.

Yes, we have forgotten how to defend as a team.
As a team and as individuals missing one on one tackles .
Old men Brown no 14 Lawrence no 8 and Kelly as usual looking like a stunned mullet on the far left as another eel slips through their fingers

20170305001299408875-original_800x600.jpg

The only reason I disappeared was because of the personal attacks from many on here rather than debate the issues and my general disillusionment with the game in general.

We disagree about Barrett and no doubt will do so unless or until he wins a premiership. Have you thought for a moment that everyone blowing smoke up his backside was as difficult for me (and others) to swallow as my views were for you or is this one of those one way traffic deals.

Debate what issue ?? All you posted for 18 months were one line sack Barrett crap.

Don't rewrite History with that personal attack rubbish ... you disappeared when we started winning like a sook.

And as far as I know, there have been very few who have "blown smoke up his backside" but there have been a lot of reasonable people who are prepared to give him a chance ...

Debate what issue ?? All you posted for 18 months were one line sack Barrett crap.

Don't rewrite History with that personal attack rubbish ... you disappeared when we started winning like a sook.

And as far as I know, there have been very few who have "blown smoke up his backside" but there have been a lot of reasonable people who are prepared to give him a chance ...
Sorry Woodsie, you're completely right and I am wrong...................

:(:(
I think we will only beat the Worryers. Hope I'm wrong but Tigers at Leichhardt is like St Merge at the Gong. The dishlickers will be due for a win at home for Grub & the Riff will be too desperate for us.?like I said, I hope I'm wrong.

Well, you have been wrong since Baz got here so I'm sure your hopes will come true.
I never doubted today's result for a moment Woodsie. Let's soak this up because I suspect we won't win again in 2017

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10