For those of you who wanted Witt to return to replace Monas, Ox and Burns bad news - he is staying with the Warriors for another 2 seasons. Witt extends stay with Warriors AdvertisementUtility back Michael Witt has signed a contract extension to stay with the New Zealand Warriors until the end of the 2009 NRL season. The former Parramatta and Manly halfback joined the Auckland-based club this year on a one-year deal. The extension was announced by the club on Wednesday. He has appeared in each of the Warriors' five matches this season, scoring a try in the home wins against Brisbane and North Queensland. Queensland-born Witt, 23, said he was delighted with the way his year had started and how he and wife Angie had settled in since moving to Auckland. "After the year I had in 2006, this was always going to be a really important year for my career," he said looking back to last year when he made just one NRL appearance for Manly. "There's still a long way to go but I'm pleased with the way things have worked out so far. It's a comfort to know I'll now be here for three seasons." Head coach Ivan Cleary said Witt had provided precisely what the club was looking for. "When we signed Michael, we were looking to add to the depth to our squad in the halves area and we've immediately seen the benefits of that," he said. "He's slotted straight in at number six and has impressed with the contribution he has made in the short time he has been with us."