1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do Monday night games start at 7pm?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by The Who, Jun 18, 2012.

1. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,840 / 103
    Do the powers that be think it is easier to get to a Monday night match than a Friday night one, and play it 40 minutes earlier. The crowd was quite good tonight, considering, yet I'm sure all Monday night crows would be bigger if they started a little later.

2. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,486 / 42
    Piss MNF off all together.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Its cold & a doona awaits.

4. The Who

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,840 / 103
    It was cold on the Hill; the coldest so far this season. The flag giveaway was a great success. It must have looked spectacular to those of you watching on TV under the doona!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jonesyv2

Jonesyv2 Active Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0
    I was having the same discussion, getting back from the city to the beaches for 7pm is near impossible.

The counter argument is that families with kids can't be up late on a school night but guess what i bet a whole lot more adults would make up for it @ 7:30

6. Masked Eagle

Masked Eagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +976 / 0
    Simple. 7pm for TV. Its terrible for hosting clubs and doesn't do much for their preparation the following week but it puts dollars in the games coffers.

7. MrInvisible

MrInvisible Active Member

Ratings:
    +48 / 0
    Can only agree. Monday Night Football is a joke. Friday Night somewhat as well.

Most people finishing up work struggle to get there before 7pm kickoff on Friday OR Monday, and most parents with kids would prefer to take them on a weekend.

Bring back Sat/Sunday games only, and whilst at it, bring back all three grades of footy on one day!

8. Mals

Mals Well-Known Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Pennant Hills
    Ratings:
    +1,480 / 35
    Agreed or make it the regular day for Broncos home games.

9. Dan79

Dan79 Active Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0
    For the second week in a row i have been sitting watching a lovely river from the UK. During the half time break they show the tries from last years grandfinal. What a great advertisement for the game

10. PONTIAN SEA EAGLE

PONTIAN SEA EAGLE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +948 / 80
    Don't mind mnf besides there's nothing else on tele to watch.

11. The Who

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,840 / 103
    Not that simple. Friday night matches start at 7.30pm. What's the difference?
    No other matches start at 7pm.

12. Volley

Volley Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 21
    Saturday's the weekend, meaning you can stay up a bit later Friday night. It's my only explanation.

13. The Who

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,840 / 103
    It's as good as any.

14. Vyssini

Vyssini Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +464 / 1
    I'll blame the first day of the school holidays and having both kids on my own all day for frazzling my brain, but I initially didn't get your post until the bit about the "half time entertainment"- I was fishing in the UK as well because the little fellow was hogging the tv,(bloody Nick Jr) and saw the same thing. Still brings a major smile to my face...