Who would you let go ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Copa Eagle

Reserve Grader
Off Contract: Jamie Buhrer, Matt Cross, Liam Foran, Joe Galuvao, William Hopoate, Jason King, Brett Kite, Vic Mauro, Michael Robertson, Tim Robinson, George Rose, Terrence Seu Seu, Dean Whare, David Williams, Tony Williams

Who would you let go, and who would you resign ? Also take into consideration that we may need to pick up a quality prop !

For me id let go of:
-Cross
-Kite
-Seu Seu
-Whare (dont see a spot for him anymore)
-Mauro
-Robertson (this is a hard one should he stay or should he go ) ?

Brent Kite *

I would let the Williams sisters go and keep Whare. Joe will also retire at the end of this season

- Cross
- Kite (has been good for us but not his best days, time or him to head to the UK unfortunately
- Seu Seu
- Fifi

the rest can stay, though contracts for some would need to be downgraded for mine i.e. Kingy

Cross - I'd help him pack his bags for sure.
Kite - he needs to perform week in week out or its enjoy Superleauge
Seu Seu - Id prefer someone better as the interchange hooker but by default he stays
Liam Foran - untested in first grade 50/50 go or stay
Smokin' Joe - how long can he play like this for ..maybe 1 yr
Hoppa Jr - stay long term
King - stay
D.Whare - Sold . I think we can cover his loss
Wolf - has to take a reduced contract the club has been good to him.

Gee, we are going to lose a few this year. I think Kite has to go to England, King will stay, Buhrer, Robinson and Hoppa are very important for the future. I would love to keep them all but it's not possible.

lloydy said:
Gee, we are going to lose a few this year. I think Kite has to go to England, King will stay, Buhrer, Robinson and Hoppa are very important for the future. I would love to keep them all but it's not possible.

That means we are likely to gain some too then

that's a few off contract, I'd say Cross, Robbo, Seu Seu, Liam and Joe will probably go/retire. Hoppa, Buhrer, Robinson and King need to stay. Not sure about Kite unless we can get someone else?

T-Rex is open as he may blossom this year in interchange. Who would pay big dough 4 him at present?

Whare has alot of talent but injuries have killed him. Will see him play this Sat in NSW Cup but I'd say he will have to show lots more. His problem is a 2012 backline of Brett, Hoppa, Matai, Lyon, Wolfie leaves not much space and Oldfield wanting a wing spot!!

well considering we have 15 players out of our 25 off contract we need to be careful when saying we can just axe 7 players and bring in 2 ..

Cross, kite, gualuavo out - cunnigham, stromquiest, new signing in
Seu Seu out - riccardi/higgins
Id resign buhrer, hoppa, king, mauro, robinson, rose but the hard part is the 4 backs in williams, trex, whare and robertson and i think one of the two williams and whare will have to go allowing for more money for a couple of good forwards and maybe another back also. Depends on performances this year though ..

Jamie Buhrer- Must keep
Matt Cross- On his way
Liam Foran- Don't think he is in top 25 so irrelevent
Joe Galuvao- Keep if we can, but not at the expense of a young bloke William Hopoate- Must keep
Jason King- Must keep
Brett Kite-Tough call, at the right price, keep, is a vital member of the club off the park as well
Vic Mauro- 50/50, at the bottom of the keep pack
Michael Robertson- Same as Kite, I hate to say it but am leaning towards telling him to check UK options
Tim Robinson- Worth persisting with
George Rose- Should be kept
Terrence Seu Seu- Depends on other 9 options
Dean Whare- Try hard to keep, but not vital
David Williams- Keep, again at the right price though, another good member of the club behind the scenes, and his profile can be used to get people through the gates
Tony Williams- Must keep imo, especially in this forwards role

While most of it comes down to on the park factors, and it should, never underestimate the influence Kite and Galuvao have on some of the younger fella's off the park, have seen it 1st hand a few times, they are very good members of the club

First things first, get a younger good prop, then once you know that cut one or 2 of ours as needed

Jamie Buhrer- Must keep on uprgraded contract
Matt Cross - Cut
Liam Foran- offer little then keep as depth
Joe Galuvao- given he is on a lower end cotract keep at something similar
William Hopoate- Must keep upgraded
Jason King- Keep, would hope no upgrade
Brett Kite- Keep on downgrade
Vic Mauro- Keep on min contract
Michael Robertson- 1 year contract on lower end
Tim Robinson- Keep on lower end
George Rose- Keep on lower end but more than cross
Terrence Seu Seu- Cut
Dean Whare- Keep on min contract
David Williams- Keep but on big downgrade
Tony Williams- Keep but on downgrade

manlyfan76 said:
Seu Seu - Id prefer someone better as the interchange hooker but by default he stays
King - stay
u do realise a club cannot have 25 super stars in the roster and stay under the cap

Next years team:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Oldfield
03. William Hopoate
04. Jamie Lyon
05. David Williams
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Tim Robinson
09. Matt Ballin
10. Jason King
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Steve Matai
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. James Cunningham
16. George Rose
17. Daniel Harrison

Dean Whare groomed for J Lyon's spot in a few years.

Cambo said:
manlyfan76 said:
King - stay
u do realise a club cannot have 25 super stars in the roster and stay under the cap

they are all are superstars because they wear maroon & white ;)

There is a difference to what we would like to happen than to what will most likely happen.

Resign on upgrade:
Jamie Buhrer - preforming strongly and regularly in first grade
William Hopoate(already on a good contract so we might keep at the same)
Vic Mauro - on min contract already and has made first team appearance
Tim Robinson - As per above
George Rose - As per above (min contract due to bad injury last year)

Resign at same or leave:
Jason King - Will keep as he is 'C' and long term Manly player
Robertson - I think we will keep over D Williams, more reliable and can fill cover more positions
T.Williams - Probs will stay IMO if he can prove as an impact player
Seu Seu - 50/50 - already on min contract, I'm leaning towards resign
Dean Whare - 50/50 - we have depth already

Resign at lower or leave:
David Williams - havnt had good value out of him due to injuries
Brent Kite - signed high $$ contract years ago and I'm leaning on a resign with a lower contract
Matt Cross - Gone for sure

Retire:
Joe Galuvao - he said would be last season but may have another if preforms well

So putting this into perspective we will probably have enough for 1 decent signing of around $150k - $200k as we will have to upgrade a few contracts as well as downgrade let loose others.

I think they fall into the following categories (with the players in order of priority to keep).

Must keep: Jamie Buhrer, William Hopoate, Jason King

Keep at the right price: George Rose, Michael Robertson (would love to see him stay but if he gets a UK offer and wants to go I think we should let him rather than up the ante), David Williams, Liam Foran, Joe Galuvao (if he keeps up this year's form otherwise he would be in the category below), Vic Mauro, Tim Robinson (he may be in the top category in a few weeks/month if he gets opportunities and performs), Dean Whare, Tony Williams (only if his salary is massively downgraded)

Let go: Brent Kite, Terrence Seu Seu, Matt Cross.

Imo our aim should be to keep those in the first category and get a fair proportion of those in the second.

Priorites 1 and 2 have to be Hopoate and Buhrer. While I think King will be an automatic re-signing. Also I'm confident Joe will retire.

As for the rest, they really need to perform to earn a contract. Whilst we have blooded quite a few juniors recently, we haven't added too many fresh faces from outside of the club with NRL experience over the last couple of years. I think the team needs this and with so many players off contract this is a good chance to do that.

I thought Brett Stewart was also off contract at the end of the year. If I'm right, he is another priority. Although, hopefully on a slightly smaller contract considering the serious lack of bang for our buck over the last couple of years, and the way the club stood by him through all the injuries and unfortunate drama.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8