1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

who replaces Hall?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by The Wheel, Sep 11, 2009.

1. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,766 / 72
    Williams or Cuthbo catch a plane or do we go with a small bench - ie Heath & foran/farrr?

2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,465 / 74
    For mine it has to be Cuthbo.

Williams is more of a liability.

Unfortunately Cuthbo plays a similar game to Gifty and is more of a backrower but he is probably the most experienced of our options. All Des has to do is tell him to run straight and hard and not try to offload. Thats halls game straight no offload, so we need the same from cuthbo

3. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    It's a worry.  They have some big guys.  I never thought I'd lament the absence of Princess, but I am.  Isn't Cuthbo in Queensland?

4. Zep

Zep Active Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    i would rather have cuthbo offloading or not in the team at all, that is a major asset of his. Your killing the guys talent and his natural game telling him to stop it. Focus would be a better option.

5. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    This might be a clue, it's out of the Australian Newspaper :

Hall was to come off the bench and coach Des Hasler has not revealed, who the replacement prop-backrower might be.

Interchange hooker Heath L'Estrange was to drop off the bench to make way for Kieran Foran, after the news Manly's Jamie Lyon would be cleared to play.

6. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,465 / 74
    i would rather have cuthbo offloading or not in the team at all, that is a major asset of his. Your killing the guys talent and his natural game telling him to stop it. Focus would be a better option.
    [/quote]

Yeah but he needs to be more selective. It isnt in the style of football we play and he throws some stupid offloads sometimes that put us under pressure

7. blitzkrieg

blitzkrieg Active Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Jason King??????????????

8. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,465 / 74
    I never thought I would say it, but I wish King was fit

9. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    I don't what Des will do but I would favour leaving the team as is, only because they have been training together all week. Stranger to be the bench hooker and second row and Foran/Farrar to be added also to play where ever they stick them. They are both so versatile they should do a number on Storm no matter where they are.

Blitz, JK is out with a rib injury.

10. Cameron

Cameron Cambo Premium Member

Redcliffe
    Ratings:
    +662 / 35
    needle up the king dog and let him play

11. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    Gee, I thought that he was filling in as the Interchange Official for the QLD Cup Grand Final tomorrow afternoon (just kidding).

12. DSM5

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Des likes at least  three  big guys on the bench.  Having  Ballin and Foran, leaving only Rose and JWH as the 'big' guys.  If he does that, and I can't see him doing anything else, it'll be a novelty.  He got us his far, from a very sticky beginning, so I'll go with whatever he goes with.

13. Central Coast Eagle

Central Coast Eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 2
    They took the 18 players down, do we really see them flying somebody in today to play tonight?

14. DSM5

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
  15. Zep

Zep Active Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Matai to the bench, coming on a forward?? maybe even williams to the bench and do the similar deed.

Kite needs a big one tonight.

16. Dan

Ratings:
    +5,465 / 74
    yes I can see this happening. We dont always fly the right 18th man into camp. i.e. we fly in a back when we need a forward.

Who knows lets see what happens at game time, but this change has me worried

17. Central Coast Eagle

Central Coast Eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 2
    It has me worried too Dan, I just don't see us having the go forward if we go in with the smaller bench.

18. DSM5

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    We can rotate the front two and our second rowers are more than capable of going the full 80.  It might not be to disasterous having smallish fast guys around the ruck when Melbourne begin to tire.  Mind you, they have to hold their own in defense.  It's a worry.  

19. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    I think Jason may may play

20. DSM5

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I would be huge if he did.