who let the work experience kid play on the website?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hopefully the next new announcement in the staff ranks is someone with more than MS Paint experience..
For some fun on a rainy day.. go have a look at the background on the website at the moment

We all know about how they've previously butchered the original 'Stronger Together' promo image by replacing heads on bodies and whatnot last year, but now they've butchered it even more where they've tried to photoshop in current sponsors on the players (extremely poorly) and managed to stuff up a bunch of other things.
Just a few... feel free to add what you spot...
- They've left half their work behind on Hiku while trying to add CoCo to Matai's sleeve.
- Look at Ballin's pecs.... and his extra set of legs. Two left arms too! New nickname 'Spider'.
- Cant decide between color or black and white on the shorts sponsor.
- kaspersky logos where they've 'magic wanded' the life out of it.
- Snake has lost a couple of fingers, and appears to have placement issues with his right arm.

Time for a new photo-shoot marketing dept...and perhaps spend more than $5 on some graphic design.

While we've got the axe out on the work experience kiddies, can someone please get rid of the know nothing git who does the post match interviews?

I can't see the pic you mean. :(

and I wanna complain about it!

I couldn't either at first. On the homepage of the official Manly site, you'll find the "stronger together" background. To view it in it's entirety, use your web browser to zoom out. You'll need to zoom out to about 50% and you'll be able to it in full.

It's not that bad - although I do agree, Ballin does appear to have an extra pair of legs and arms ;)

The factory outlet might be shot too. I have called several times this week and left messages and no one answers or calls back.

Saved money by going through goodscore.

230415-MWSE-webskin-Strongertogether.jpg

Groan, another negative club bashing thread

Totally avoidable by the Club@:cool:

Last edited:
Meh. Wouldn't have noticed if it weren't pointed out. I have to question why anyone would look at the background image that closely anyway.

I agree. This is just more club bashing and it's getting fairly petty.

Meh. Wouldn't have noticed if it weren't pointed out. I have to question why anyone would look at the background image that closely anyway.

Well it stood out like dogs balls to me, first it was the awful add in of the sponsor logo, then as i looked closer i saw all the other bits.

I work in this kind of field, so I look for these things, its what I do. Now any major brands on projects that I've worked with who throw in big dollars to have their logos represented and promoted, would absolutely blow up if they saw their identity displayed so poorly. Extremely unprofessional.

It's not 1998 anymore. Imagery, marketing, and the digital world is massive for branding and to have your brand so poorly represented on a prominent piece of marketing such as the main background of the website of whom you are sponsoring, and giving big dollars too screams trouble. Screams a lack of care. No surprise there is talk of many sponsors running.

Call it bashing if you will, some people care about these things, others dont... but if it was your company, and you'd paid thousands of dollars to have your brand promoted, and it your logo was hacked to pieces and presented in that way, would you consider throwing more dollars that way in the future... and thats where the flow down effect begins into other areas. The times are moving forward fast, those who don't get with them... disappear.

We're used to a very professional club. This ain't it hon.

Well it stood out like dogs balls to me, first it was the awful add in of the sponsor logo, then as i looked closer i saw all the other bits.

I work in this kind of field, so I look for these things, its what I do. Now any major brands on projects that I've worked with who throw in big dollars to have their logos represented and promoted, would absolutely blow up if they saw their identity displayed so poorly. Extremely unprofessional.

It's not 1998 anymore. Imagery, marketing, and the digital world is massive for branding and to have your brand so poorly represented on a prominent piece of marketing such as the main background of the website of whom you are sponsoring, and giving big dollars too screams trouble. Screams a lack of care. No surprise there is talk of many sponsors running.

Call it bashing if you will, some people care about these things, others dont... but if it was your company, and you'd paid thousands of dollars to have your brand promoted, and it your logo was hacked to pieces and presented in that way, would you consider throwing more dollars that way in the future... and thats where the flow down effect begins into other areas. The times are moving forward fast, those who don't get with them... disappear.

Sounds like more club bashing to me. Not that the club doesn't deserve it but I question how long it can go on. It's putting me to sleep.

Last edited:
Sounds like more club bashing to me. Not the club doesn't deserve it but I question how long it can go on. It's putting me to sleep.
So everyone should just sit around singing Kumbaya in the shadows and hope the current mess just fixes itself?
Things don't get heard if they aren't spoken about, and that means calling things out when you see them. Everyone is more than happy to call out players who aren't performing, so why not the other club employees too?
Sorry for caring about something that is so easily fixed, and you know.. if done right might attract more sponsors towards the club we all love and not in the other direction.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8