Who do we let go next year now?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I don't see the point of keeping Walker as a bench player, much more upside to Suli imo, so add him to the list.

Sorry but I don't know who Sean Russell is.
I also think it would be unfair to cut DeLuxe from our squad. He's be on minimum wage and he hasn't let us down in any of the matches he has played. He is solid defensively. We already have enough attacking weapons.
Your right he hasn't let us down.. but potentially is surplus to needs in my opinion as Saddler, tuitavake and fainu are knocking on the door also

But, they all need to be replaced in the squad. All five of them - mathematics.
You're right Kev, I wasn't thinking at the time I posted that, still excited from the night before, you still have to make up your squad of 30 no matter who you get rid of, so its only good if you move on players your paying overs.

Taupau - no value for $800k per year. People stressed out when they thought AFB leaving would be terrible - we haven’t missed him at all.
Walker - no value for money. Bad for culture. Overpaid bench player who isn’t doing anything worth keeping. His ball playing has never improved. Overpaid ball runner.
Suli - surplus to needs. Bad for culture. Would prefer Burbo be introduced into first grade some more. Look to the future.
Tafua - surplus to needs.

That would free up so good coin to make some good purchases.

Jetski, Boyle etc would be min coin so not fussed if they stay or go - they have to be replaced again anyway with another min coin reserve…
AFB is still a good player but doesn't pass the dickhead test

SELL
Suli, Taufua, Sironen, Boyle, Gosiewski, De Luis.
BUY
Bullemor, Garner and someone like Sean Russell who can play both wing and FB.
I was originally under the impression we should target another centre if suli leaves but I think we should extend funa as cover for centre. After all I believe that is his best position and hasn't been given much there. My squad would look something like this

1.Tom Trbojevic
2.Jason Saab
3.Brad Parker
4.Morgan Harper
5.Reuben Garrick
6.Keiran Foran
7.Daly Cherry-Evans
8.Taniela Paseka
9.Karl Lawton
10.Josh Aloiai
11.Haumole Olakau'atu
12.Josh Schuster
13.Jake Trbojevic

14.Dylan Walker
15.Toafofoa Sipley
16.Luke Garner
17.Martin Taupau

18.Kaeo Weekes
19.Sean Russell
20.Christian Tuipolotu
21.Tevita Funa
22.Tolutau Koula
23.Cade Cust
24.Lachlan Croker
25.Zac Saddler
26.Manase Fainu
27.Sean Keppie
28.Ben Trbojevic
29.Andrew Davey
30.Ethan Bullemor

DEV
1.Alec Tuitavake
2.Jamie Humphreys
3.Sione Fainu
4.Latu Fainu
Would make a slight modifcation - as good as he has been I would be letting Marty go on the $800k if its true he's on that, or keep him next year and sign a good forward for 2023.

Garner isn't much chop and Bullemor covers 2row. I dont think Garner is an upgrade on davey and definitely not keppie or bullemor so not really any point in signing him IMO.

In: Thompson / Utoikamanu, Bullemor
Out: Suli, Taufua, Sironen Boyle, Gosiewski

Partial to keeping De Luis on basement contract and Sironen if he takes a severe paycut.

Would make a slight modifcation - as good as he has been I would be letting Marty go on the $800k if its true he's on that, or keep him next year and sign a good forward for 2023.

Garner isn't much chop and Bullemor covers 2row. I dont think Garner is an upgrade on davey and definitely not keppie or bullemor so not really any point in signing him IMO.

In: Thompson / Utoikamanu, Bullemor
Out: Suli, Taufua, Sironen Boyle, Gosiewski

Partial to keeping De Luis on basement contract and Sironen if he takes a severe paycut.
I mean if we can still make some decent signings and keep Marty whilst being under the cap I don't feel it's necessary to move him on just yet. We have some young props coming through that could use his tutelage that could potentially step up in a years time. If we go to the market for a like for like replacement now we probably pay near the same amount I reckon. Marty may take a cut come contract time. If not then look at other options

Marty 's 800 k for next season has a back ended component to it apparently , maybe 650 k season average was more realistic previously . Just have to be assessed with his worth next season if there is the consideration to keep him a bit longer

Marty 's 800 k for next season has a back ended component to it apparently , maybe 650 k season average was more realistic previously . Just have to be assessed with his worth next season if there is the consideration to keep him a bit longer
Yeah exactly right.. and if we bring another player of his calibre in. You would think the contract would have to be a for few years.. where there won't be any wiggle room with that type of money when we may have a cheaper option already on the books. At 600k a year imo Marty should be extended for another year

Taupau - no value for $800k per year. People stressed out when they thought AFB leaving would be terrible - we haven’t missed him at all.
Walker - no value for money. Bad for culture. Overpaid bench player who isn’t doing anything worth keeping. His ball playing has never improved. Overpaid ball runner.
Suli - surplus to needs. Bad for culture. Would prefer Burbo be introduced into first grade some more. Look to the future.
Tafua - surplus to needs.

That would free up so good coin to make some good purchases.

Jetski, Boyle etc would be min coin so not fussed if they stay or go - they have to be replaced again anyway with another min coin reserve…
You know what Batty, have to agree with the basis of all of your points.

I mean if we can still make some decent signings and keep Marty whilst being under the cap I don't feel it's necessary to move him on just yet. We have some young props coming through that could use his tutelage that could potentially step up in a years time. If we go to the market for a like for like replacement now we probably pay near the same amount I reckon. Marty may take a cut come contract time. If not then look at other options
agreed however the point is there are 2-3 great opportunities now - maybe the best forward value for $ opportunities for a while... should try lock them in, and THEN renegotiate with marty for 2023 onwards. He is 31 and the physical game he plays can only last so long.

agreed however the point is there are 2-3 great opportunities now - maybe the best forward value for $ opportunities for a while... should try lock them in, and THEN renegotiate with marty for 2023 onwards. He is 31 and the physical game he plays can only last so long.
What 3 middles are you thinking of? Hamlin Uele if I remember is one of them

I've read posts suggesting we need a back-up fullback.
What decent fullback is going to come to Manly knowing he'll be playing reserve grade unless something happens to Turbo?
You'll only get a no-name trying his luck. It would be more sensible to retain Tyfuna who we know is a back-up fullback/outside back. Plus we also have Koala and Tippytoes who are going to be better than a no-name recruit.

I wonder how the lack of lower grade games will impact on the player market? There would have to be a contraction / over value of fringe players who have had a run over the past two years v players who have sat out the whole time

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10