Who do we keep?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I am a fan of Croker .... but this year has shown how quickly you can burn through your top 30 players ....... to have one of those spots taken up by a high risk "fringe" fg'er is too big a gamble for me .....

I think we will buy a 5/8 and Hodko, Cust,, Metcalf ,and fainu should be in a position to add back up ...

If Hodgko has an injury free run can I think he will solve the halves issue till 2019....maybe Metcalfe or Cust will be ready by then??
No need to look outside the Manly nursery if players with NRL ability simply need time to be nurtured into potentially great players from our own backyard...keep looking over the fence can get splinters.
Not as convinced as many about Jack Gosiewski, apparently bashes them at training and personally was excited to see him get a run - came on and missed a heap in defence and has not made a line break that I remember - just my opinion - hope he proves me wrong ?
Sipley is your straight up no frills prop, but only NSW cup standard in games I have seen...maybe average backup, not much more.
Anderson is a speedy winger/fullback with instinctive ability who will make NRL imo and deserves an opportunity at Manly.
Tom Wright is only a matter of finding his way into the game more, the ability is undoubtable and could be anything, got a taste last week so has now opened the door.
Cust was a gun junior and some time against the big boys at NSW Cup, should determine if he can make the next step - definately a solid organisational type half.
Kelly and Lane both deserve contracts based on form and ability and are good proven first grade standard players.
Suli will be a long term Seaeagle and will be an X factor player by the end of 2018, despite some claiming he will be going back to reserves.

Many here won't agree ,but I would be making sure we kept Kelly over the show pony Walker.I do not get all the love here. Realise he is still recovering this year ,but showed nothing last year either.Its been 2 years since we've seen his blinding speed,all I see is sideways running.
Should call him Dylan crab walker.....Love to be proven wrong ,and see him hit holes at mach speed again,prove me wrong champ.
Wasn't walker centre of the year in 2017 ?
Plenty of dynamic attack including tries and setting up Uate for a heap of tries....little wonder since Walker being injured and playing out of position, Uate's form has slid big time.

Wasn't walker centre of the year in 2017 ?
Plenty of dynamic attack including tries and setting up Uate for a heap of tries....little wonder since Walker being injured and playing out of position, Uate's form has slid big time.
I always thought his defensive reads were a little bit of a liability. That edge of dce, sironen, walker and aku looks a bit brittle at times. When he mavericks and rushes up out of the line it leaves a broken line that good teams expose. If he hits and sticks it's all well and good but if i was coaching i wouldn't want that defensive inconsistency. Leaves us short a lot.

2018 Gains: Jack Gosiewski (Rabbitohs), Toafofoa Sipley (Warriors), Lachlan Croker (Raiders), Joel Thompson (Dragons), Moses Suli (Bulldogs)

2018 Losses: Brenton Lawrence (Titans/retired), Blake Green (Warriors), Cameron Cullen (Redcliffe), Pita Godinet (Tigers), Billy Bainbridge (unsigned)

Off contract: Cade Cust, Jackson Hastings, Jack Gosiewski, Lewis Brown, Lachlan Croker, Brian Kelly, Shaun Lane, Akuila Uate, Jonathan Wright, Moses Suli

Coach: Trent Barrett (signed until 2020)

New deal: Tom Wright (until 2019), Curtis Sironen (until 2021), Apisai Koroisau (until 2021)

Brian Kelly, Shaun Lane and Suli are keeps.

In terms of off contract add Cust and Jetski.

Hastings is gone, and Croker might not get retained, so Cust and T Wright gives us cover for DCE and Hodko.

Jetski is a promising player.

I always thought his defensive reads were a little bit of a liability. That edge of dce, sironen, walker and aku looks a bit brittle at times. When he mavericks and rushes up out of the line it leaves a broken line that good teams expose. If he hits and sticks it's all well and good but if i was coaching i wouldn't want that defensive inconsistency. Leaves us short a lot.
Steve Matai made a career of shooting up out of the line and this was his best attribute, so not always a bad thing.
In fairness Walker often rushes up, but at times shuts down attacking raids as do many NRL centres.
I can't recall Walkers defence losing a game, but do recall plenty of his attacking moments that have won Manly matches.
Agree the defensive rush is not a great thing to coach, as it adds pressure and often is not needed....though there is a time and place and the (outside in) shot can change a game when the read is sweet....and Walker pulls off the odd 1/4 Matai shot, but does need to stick more, often bounces off for the inside man...who if not closing the gate, the attacker will find space.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10