Who decides stuff at the club?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Given some of the ridiculous decisions at the club over the life of any child turning 10 this year, I wonder if anyone actually knows who makes all the decisions?

Penn seems (literally) a world away.

Various CEOs seem to struggle to make their mark.

Coaches always seem hamstrung.

Who is the other shareholder and does he have any input?

What about the Board? The last list I can find is from 2021 - Warwick Bulmer, Wayne Honeywood, Max Krilich, Jim Murray, David O'Donnell, Julie Sibraa, AlanThompson, Gary Thoroughgood - do they have any say? How often do they meet and what about?

What departments do we have in the Club? Who is in them and does anyone there have any influence?

Or do we just suffer from an absent, cheap owner?

Anyone know anything?

Personally I'd be happy for DCE, Jake, and Reubs to set the direction of the club because they're the only ones who seem to care.

Given some of the ridiculous decisions at the club over the life of any child turning 10 this year, I wonder if anyone actually knows who makes all the decisions?

What about the Board? The last list I can find is from 2021 - Warwick Bulmer, Wayne Honeywood, Max Krilich, Jim Murray, David O'Donnell, Julie Sibraa, AlanThompson, Gary Thoroughgood - do they have any say? How often do they meet and what about?

What departments do we have in the Club? Who is in them and does anyone there have any influence?

Anyone know anything?

Personally I'd be happy for DCE, Jake, and Reubs to set the direction of the club because they're the only ones who seem to care.
Glenn Stewart for CEO, Snake for Head Coach.

Much like rainbow gate last year demonstrated there is still a clear lack of both long term strategy and authentic fan engagement.

It would take a hell of a lot to convince me that the owners do not make a decent profit out of us and do not see the need to invest more to get more.

As an example if the Fainu brothers were allowed to go what would be good would be a members only email / coms piece to explain what was happening and why. Fans may not be happy but at least they would understand what was going on.

Penn, Menstrov and Seibold
1687669076986.png

Anyone know anything?

I think that board is the manly leagues club not the manly sea eagles.

The manly sea eagles board is made up of Scott Penn and his other partners such as Gary Wolman.

Why do people care where Penn lives?

Most successful sports clubs (American sports teams, premier league etc) have owners that don't live in the same city or country as their team. Stan Kroenke had the Denver Nuggets win the NBA championship and had Arsenal run second in the premier league this year.

The real issue is if Penn doesn't hire the right people to run the club or provide the necessary resources. If you think Penn is guilty of that then fine. But where he lives is not the problem.

Did I just hear on teb c9 half-time show that we are swapping Latu for Willie Talau effective immediately? Like WTF? Centre is not the worst position in our side we need to look at? Seibold and Mestrov are killing us.

Why do people care where Penn lives?

Most successful sports clubs (American sports teams, premier league etc) have owners that don't live in the same city or country as their team. Stan Kroenke had the Denver Nuggets win the NBA championship and had Arsenal run second in the premier league this year.
Key point of difference is in your second sentence: "successful sports clubs" can get away with it. Penn's leadership is running us into the ground.

Part of me likes the fact that he's no longer in Australia, because every time he pops his head up and tries to play up to the role of Big-time Successful Businessman, he says or does something stupid and the club suffers as a result. But you're right: it doesn't matter where he lives. He can be just as ineffective and uninspiring from New York as he can from Sydney.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8