Where would Trent go?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A9E55027-EC5E-469E-B88A-043DA1BAD071.jpeg

Where next for Baz?
Trent Barrett is telling anyone who will listen that he will get another job as soon as his legal mess with Manly is sorted.

That may be true, but he will have to take a step or two back.

The best Baz can hope for is an assistant's role and Penrith under Ivan Cleary looks his best bet for now.

But first he must somehow extract himself from Manly.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/rug...e-broncos-lurker/1wjd8iu5c27lp1i8dbchkpuu0j/4

Where next for Baz?
Trent Barrett is telling anyone who will listen that he will get another job as soon as his legal mess with Manly is sorted.

That may be true, but he will have to take a step or two back.

The best Baz can hope for is an assistant's role and Penrith under Ivan Cleary looks his best bet for now.

But first he must somehow extract himself from Manly.

https://www.sportingnews.com/au/rug...e-broncos-lurker/1wjd8iu5c27lp1i8dbchkpuu0j/4

If Baz really had a job to go to, he would have already left and being paid by his new employer, not trying to get a payout.

Plain and simple, he does not have a job to go to, hence desperate for his Manly $$.

Yeah, I know, and I'm a bit of a hypocrite making excuses for him , when I also complain about the club making excuses (and that not being good enough).

What I did like about Barrett (and I guess that means nothing now with him going):

+ Seemed to have a close relationship with the playing group.

+ Seemed to develop players well (Kelly, Trbojevic's, Lane, AFB) etc etc etc all gone on to bigger things

+ Gave youngsters a go (Wright, Parker, Kelly, Suli etc)

+ Players like Thompson said he was a big reason they came here, so he was a drawcard

+ Had a very good reputation by outside sources

+ Had the balls to stick it to Penn, and demand better conditions

+ Has representative experience (City/Country)

+ Was even keeled for most of his tenure

+ Team was constantly up the top of the tables / stats attacking wise

+ Was very passionate about the results and playing group (even went to tears)

+ Experienced players like DCE claiming he was still developing him

+ Wasn't afraid to try things (Wright at Hooker, Walks at 5/8 etc).

Okay, I know there's a flipside to that coin mate, but I guess these are some of the things that endeared me to him.

I see what you are saying Ryan but to be fair there is a longer list of failings to Trent Barrett.

- Dismantled an established winning culture just to put his stamp on the club and replaced it with nothing.

- Backed and supported his players to a fault, when clearly underperforming.

- Actually has possibly one of the worst coaching records in history, when you take into consideration the talent he had available.

- Has never won an NRL premiership EVER as either a player or a coach.

- Has never been an assistant to a premiership winning coach nor has he served a decent apprenticeship at a decent club (Even Cartwrong has runs on the board with that)

- He has actually lost more games as both a player and a coach in the NRL than he has ever won.

- Constantly brought up excuses in press conferences (short turn arounds was first followed by injuries, furniture, recruitment managers etc.) and followed the excuse with the line "but we can't use that as an excuse"

- He brought Dan Ferris to the club.

- Allowed Willy Peters to be bullied out of the club.

- Brought Jackson Hastings to the club due to his friendship as a neighbour, didn't use him properly for what ever reason then caused a shytstorm when he sacked him.

- Never built any real consistency in performances every game was a lucky dip.

- Players like DCE, Turbos etc play remarkably better when they are in Origin and Australian teams.

- He was a coaching assistant during the darkest days in NSW origin history.

- He brought Lewis Brown to the club and let Gutho and Buhrer leave.

- He clearly didn't get what Manly is all about.

- He stood by and allowed Donny Singe to be pushed out the door when he was happy to work with the new staff.

- Apparently promoted a poor drinking culture within the club.

- The under 20's team he coached at Penrith won premierships either side of his tenure, whilst he was coach there for 1 year the same team missed the 8.

My fingers are tired so I will leave it there, ha ha.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8