1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where are all the whack jobs that were saying we would be 0 from 4?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by DailyTerrorgraphHater, Apr 7, 2010.

1. DailyTerrorgraphHater

DailyTerrorgraphHater Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Where are all the whack jobs that were saying we would be 0 from 4 after a slow start to the season?

Come on then, you were willing to have a go then, put your hands up and admit you were wrong and the team can cope with losses (even of the magnitude of b. stewart).

2. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,246 / 7
    I dont recall anyone saying we would be 0 from 4 or any other dire strait predictions. Who are these whack jobs you speak of.

3. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,469 / 74
    neither do i funnily enough

4. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 1
  5. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    plenty said we were gone after Stewart went down (myself included)

Cant recall anyone saying 0 - 4

6. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    I recall seeing a couple of 0-4 predictions.  Cant recall from who though.

7. clontaago

clontaago Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 1
    I'm tipping Ryan was one. Just a guess and I could be wrong.

8. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    I can not remember.  However Darren probably said we would not win a game all year unless the whole u20 squad was promoted to NRL to address his major concern of having an old team  :p

9. Chip and Chase

Chip and Chase True Supporter Staff Member Administrator Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +6,282 / 44
    Yeh, haven't seen Ryan for ages. Probably waiting in the wings till we go on another losing streak.

10. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,767 / 72
    Yes what has happenned to the little fella.  Probably up on the Coast with Florimo organsing the Bears supporters club

11. Canteen Worker

Canteen Worker Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +212 / 5
    To be fair some of the early posters were saying that without Stewart and a recognised half pairing we would be in big trouble and should invest in youth. Since then, Hodkinson and Foran have become our halves combination, Robbo has stayed on the wing, Farrar looks comfortable there and T-Rex is starting to show some promise.

A week is a long time in politics and a month is even longer in footy. Long way to go.

12. Central Coast Eagle

Central Coast Eagle Active Member

Ratings:
    +108 / 2
    lol CW is a month in footy about 4 times as long as a week in politics?

13. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    From memory, many of the pundits on here were saying that if Hasler coaches the side his way we would be 0-4, but if he listened to the wiser football brains on the site we would win a couple of games :p

14. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    And it's obvious he has.

15. Fro

Fro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 0
    well he put Farrar at fullback and played Foran and Hodkinson in the halves didnt he :)

16. ManlyBacker

ManlyBacker Winging it Staff Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 7
    I saw Ryan lurking in the list of forum trawlers this morning. I guess he just doesn't have anything to say! Sue and Mata and the other doomsayers get little joy out of a win (though Mata did look happy drinking Dan's beer!) so the postings drop dramatically :) If we keep winning then I am happy to suffer the peace & quiet.

17. Matabele

Matabele Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 6
    I've just been busy.  I can't recall anyone saying 0-4 either, though plenty were predicting doom and gloom after Round One if the same side was kept with Robbo slotting in at fullback.  Hasn't happened, Des has taken a punt on Hodgkinson and it's working.  Moot point.

18. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    The silence is deafening on old Lowie at the moment

19. Mark from Brisbane

Mark from Brisbane Living the dream Premium Member

Brisbane
    Ratings:
    +12,777 / 258
    You'll remember the "Doomsayers" thread???..find that are you'll see.

There were a few, although to call them "Wack jobs" is a bit harsh....Even I said "play like we did in round one, and with the same team as round one and it would be easy to see us 0-4 coming into the first home game"...BUT that's not a prediction of that. and certainly how anyone could say that after one game is beyond me. BTW had a quick chat with Robbo in Auckland and said "bet you are pleased to be away from fullback"??......his answer......"f.....g oath", he was a reluctant fill in so it seems.

20. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,246 / 7
    Doesnt wash, but good pot stirring KE.