When is a "club"not a "club"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Loaded dog

Well used Member
I note with interest, lots of emotional discussion about DCE & KF and their supposed lack of loyalty to the "club".
I have followed Manly since the mid '60's when I used to live in Kangaroo street, and drink at the Ivanhoe (I was 16 then!). I remember the then "club" as MWRLFC. It was a "club" then!
Google MWRLFC, and see what you find. It aint a "club" no more. It is a COMPANY - Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited. Right now, MWRLFC has, I think, 14% of the shares. The Leagues club has (I think) ONE SHARE. Penn have the remaining 86%.
As stated in another post today, the "club" part, MWRLFC owns the name and the colours and is guaranteed ten games at Brookie.

These guys aint disloyal to the "club" because there is no club. I see them as employees working under a contract for a fixed term. I imagine that their contract allows them to start looking for a new contract at some time during the period of their current contract. To those who are complaining: If you are working for someone and you get an offer to go elsewhere at a greatly increased salary - what would YOU do?

Parramatta and the Titans appear to have not done anything wrong either - they too are working within the NRL rules.

There is a problem here, and the NRL owns it fairly and squarely. October and November each year seems to be a good time for players to find a new home if they want. Surely, they don't need a year or more.
I'm in favour of letting them go now, as their hearts just wont be in it.

Funny, The CEO of Parra says that he has no idea about what's happening with Foran - "ask Brad Arthur".
The coach of Manly has no idea about what;s happening with Foran - "ask the CEO". How vastly different are these two scenarios???
In losing these two players, Joe has either screwed up big time and wont be here next week, or, has done what Penn's want and will still be here...

I note with interest, lots of emotional discussion about DCE & KF and their supposed lack of loyalty to the "club".
I have followed Manly since the mid '60's when I used to live in Kangaroo street, and drink at the Ivanhoe (I was 16 then!). I remember the then "club" as MWRLFC. It was a "club" then!
Google MWRLFC, and see what you find. It aint a "club" no more. It is a COMPANY - Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited. Right now, MWRLFC has, I think, 14% of the shares. The Leagues club has (I think) ONE SHARE. Penn have the remaining 86%.
As stated in another post today, the "club" part, MWRLFC owns the name and the colours and is guaranteed ten games at Brookie.

These guys aint disloyal to the "club" because there is no club. I see them as employees working under a contract for a fixed term. I imagine that their contract allows them to start looking for a new contract at some time during the period of their current contract. To those who are complaining: If you are working for someone and you get an offer to go elsewhere at a greatly increased salary - what would YOU do?

Parramatta and the Titans appear to have not done anything wrong either - they too are working within the NRL rules.

There is a problem here, and the NRL owns it fairly and squarely. October and November each year seems to be a good time for players to find a new home if they want. Surely, they don't need a year or more.
I'm in favour of letting them go now, as their hearts just wont be in it.

Funny, The CEO of Parra says that he has no idea about what's happening with Foran - "ask Brad Arthur".
The coach of Manly has no idea about what;s happening with Foran - "ask the CEO". How vastly different are these two scenarios???
In losing these two players, Joe has either screwed up big time and wont be here next week, or, has done what Penn's want and will still be here...
when its a spade

I cant believe its all about the money. Although they are both now contracted for ALOT of money. There must be something else going on. Its either player relationships to each other or the relationships they have with Geoff Toovey.
I doubt it would be the player's relationship to Joe Kelly or the Penns/ board. If they are worried that being at MWSE is too intense, then they need a holiday, dont they, and they will be getting one, a permanent one. We will recover, this will just take most of the year, the way it did in 1977.

I cant believe its all about the money. Although they are both now contracted for ALOT of money. There must be something else going on. Its either player relationships to each other or the relationships they have with Geoff Toovey.
I doubt it would be the player's relationship to Joe Kelly or the Penns/ board. If they are worried that being at MWSE is too intense, then they need a holiday, dont they, and they will be getting one, a permanent one. We will recover, this will just take most of the year, the way it did in 1977.
I think in DCE's case his higher offer got pulled and new ownership made him a lower one which was take it or leave it. He left it.

With Foz I think it's emerging he's an indecisive cat and can't handle the burden of being "the man" so he's splitting to a club that's gone last/last/10th and just making the 8 will have the fans creaming their pants...

I'm mainly baffled by claims that the Penn's are in this for the money. You don't invest in rugby league clubs to make money, power and ego maybe, but not money. There are a million other investment classes that provide a much greater and more secure ROI than a football club.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4