1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the go?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by wombatgc, Feb 28, 2011.

1. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,471 / 42
    I've just walked in after 10 hours of mowing hell....can someone give it to me in a nutshell what happened today with the sponsorship thingy???...thanks

2. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    Penn and quantum joint sponsors for 2011.

People are upset that this means we failed in attracting a real sponsor and general outrage is being flung toward Lowe and for some reason that I haven't got my head around yet, zorba

3. wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
    Ratings:
    +2,471 / 42
    thanks Dan...on the face of it...this doesn't seem like the end of the world to me? A sponsor is a sponsor...surely?

4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,084 / 284
    No, it's millions of dollars the owners could have put towards bettering the team in other ways, as we could have relied upon the extra few million from a different party.

In a SMALL business, and I repeat, a 10,000,000 odd turnover business is small, and extra 1 million, or 10% sales growth is substantial.

Put it this way. This money that could have come in from a 3rd party, may have cost us additional players, because the owners are throwing in monies some other bloke should have been.

5. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,462 / 74
    Well that part is good any sponsor and dollars is better than none.

From my opinion it's more the failure on behalf of the management team that this represents that is a concern. It doesn't exactly fill me with confidence

6. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,084 / 284
    Didn't Max Delmege herald Graham Lowe as the best CEO ever? Hey even Arko said this:-

“He’s got a lot of ability, he’s very good at people management, has tremendous knowledge of the game and "he’s got enormous contacts."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Where the **** are these contacts Arko?

7. Berkeley_Eagle

Berkeley_Eagle Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,115 / 14
    some light reading >> http://www.silvertails.net/forums/index.php?topic=186575.0

8. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    What did you expect from Arko, "Lowe's crap and my team I've built up will go down the toilet".  Get real.  It's not just Lowe who's at fault here.  All the management team must put their hands up.  

9. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,242 / 131
    Didn't Max Delmege herald Graham Lowe as the best CEO ever? Hey even Arko said this:-

“He’s got a lot of ability, he’s very good at people management, has tremendous knowledge of the game and "he’s got enormous contacts."

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Where the f**k are these contacts Arko?
    [/quote]

He was talking about his contact lenses.  Either that or his enormous cateracts

10. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +6,084 / 284
    Ok mate - fair point, and taken on board. We are just "behind" other clubs in a lot of areas.

I'd love Lowe if he instigated some cutting edge, innovative plans to secure our future, so it's not personal against him, please accept my word on that.

What we get, is a threat to move our home games to Manly Oval, and we can't find a real sponsor, so the owners are stumping up more cash.

11. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Well then so is Arko and so are you & I DSM.