What would it take?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon_eagle

Reserve Grader
For you to stop supporting the Maroon and White (or rugby league, more generally)?

Here are a few scenarios:

- New majority shareholders come on board and move all our home games to the SFS or worse still, soulless Homebush?
- Board decide to drop the "Sea Eagles" or perhaps drop "Manly-Warringah" and call us the Northen Sydney Falcons?
- The removal of maroon and white as our home colours?
- The NRL - for some god-forsaken reason - decide to remove our license to play in the top flight, and hence forcing us to play alongside Norths and the Newtown Jets in NSW Cup?

And before you say that none of these scenarios are possible, remember the Sydney Tigers and Sydney Bulldogs?
As a side note, I used to support Cardiff City FC - who as of last week got promoted to the top flight of English football for the first time since 1961. It came at a price though, particularly for long suffering supporters. Their new owner, a wealthy Malaysian, decided to change their colours from blue to red, change the Clubs crest from a Bluebird to a Dragon and essentially re-brand the entire Club whereby it bars no similarities to their 100-plus years of history and identity. It was a bitter pill to swallow, and for some, too much to bear. Of course, those supporters will be replaced for as long as Cardiff are playing in the Premier League.

I will note, that such outcomes are less likely at Manly due to the arrangements worked out during the privatisation of our Club. I believe not one majority shareholder can touch our colours, name etc., but perhaps it's still worth a debate even if it is hypothetical.

If we don't receive major funding for brookvale oval in the enxt couple of years then plans are already been discussed by the club that we will have no alternative but to play out of the SFS

Put it this way. I supported The Bears for many years. I became well and truly accustomed to the ideal of losing and under achieving. Then, after the merger of the clubs, and the dissolving of The Bears, I eventually began supporting our Sea Eagles. Culture and behaviour's are very hard to change. It took a while, but I have to admit, following a Rugby League team that won more often than not, has a winning culture, even through adversity grew on me pretty rapidly.

A team that could actually win the whole thing ! Who would have thought !

What would it take for me to stop supporting this team. Not even death itself my friend. When I'm in heaven, I'll float down Sundee afternoons, and sit quietly on The Hill, watching our team run around in the year 2113 and beyond !

Ryan said:
Put it this way. I supported The Bears for many years. I became well and truly accustomed to the ideal of losing and under achieving. Then, after the merger of the clubs, and the dissolving of The Bears, I eventually began supporting our Sea Eagles. Culture and behaviour's are very hard to change. It took a while, but I have to admit, following a Rugby League team that won more often than not, has a winning culture, even through adversity grew on me pretty rapidly.

A team that could actually win the whole thing ! Who would have thought !

What would it take for me to stop supporting this team. Not even death itself my friend. When I'm in heaven, I'll float down Sundee afternoons, and sit quietly on The Hill, watching our team run around in the year 2113 and beyond !

Impossiblelol

A merger with any other team is the only thing that would stop me, and it did for three years.

Signing Jamie Soward and making him captain/coach would go close. But then I would just stab him and cop the jail time and still be a supporter.

RL Gronk said:
Here's another's scenario
If my Aunty has a Penis would that make her my uncle?

No but she would still be your sister.

I thought it might be more a case of "what did it take" for you Darren ;)

Just the sight of Jase wearing nothing but a red and green bow tie was enough for you

I'll always love Manly but my the NRL is going backwards due to poor refereeing that shows no sign of improving.

If Manly didn't exist I would walk away completely.

It does my head in to see games not decided by the players and I honestly believe last night was another example.

Tom Symonds try would've had us with all momentum and steamrolling home to win.

Supporting another club would not be an option.

I would watch the GF with about the same level of interest as I watch Super Rugby (close to zero)

I would become a Sydney FC member and start annoying people by telling them its the only real football and Australia needs to abandon all other codes in favour of the world game.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8