1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would happen in the NRL?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by The Who, Mar 18, 2012.

1. The Who

The Who Well-Known Member

Mona Vale
    Ratings:
    +4,842 / 103
    Sad news that an English premier league soccer player collapsed on the field with a heart attack and was taken to hospital in a bad way. The match was called off. I imagine his teammates were too upset to continue.

Do you think, in similar tragic circumstances, they would call off a NRL match? Are there any regulations covering such an event? Would they replay the match or split the points?

I know such an event is much more important than a football match, but my mind went back to Wolfie being carried off with suspected spinal injuries, and there was no suggestion that the match would be called off.

2. Frogz

Frogz Don't mess with the goat, he has photos. Premium Member

Sydney, Australia
    Ratings:
    +1,392 / 36
    Long bow I think.....if it was this serious, and I hope it never is, they would all walk off.....

• Like Like x 1
  3. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    ask channel 9, it would be their call

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jatz Crackers

Jatz Crackers Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +1,242 / 7
    Give me a start in Manlys run on 13 and ill show you a heart attack or two. Dont cancel the game on my account.

5. Ceagle

Ceagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +238 / 3
    George Rose would be prime candidate if such a thing were to happen.

6. eagles2win

eagles2win Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +494 / 0
    Not funny. George's dad died of a heart attack playing footy

7. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,648 / 66
    The player in question was not breathing for almost 10 minutes

Wolfie was serious but no where as serious as someone collapsing and nt breathing

You would think they have to cancel the game

8. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +971 / 40
    notsureifsrs.jpg

9. Brookie4eva

Brookie4eva Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +175 / 1
    From seeing how the players reacted, I think the right decision was made on Sat night. They have even postponed the Bolton EPL match due for Tuesday due to the mental state of the team.

It was a shame, hopefully this lifts the Bolton guys to go all the way and win the FA Cup.

10. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Its happened at junior level in Union a couple of times.

I actually met someone once who tackled a player at high school and the boy died. This person never got over it, even though it was a congenital heart condition that was undiagnosed in the teenager.

Just goes to show - live life to the fullest, because you don't the when the fulltime whistle will blow :angel:

Very touching to see the impact on all of the Supporters at the soccer match - they all felt the poignancy of the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  11. OneEyedEagle

OneEyedEagle Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    It’s not the first time that it has happened in the EPL and some of the other major European Football Leagues. Not a nice thing to see and hopefully we have as equally great medical response at all our grounds.