1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does this say

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by jbb/james, Jun 5, 2016.

1. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    so the penns approached toddles 18 months ago regarding dubious identities in the manly circle of trust. While i dont like telling people what they should do and with whom, employers have a right within the workplace to restrict anything and anyone they feel may not be good for business.

Joe kelly confirmed this at the press conference,

Considering whats coming out it seems a no brainer really. Its your life but not on our time. So why did the penns have to go to the nrl. Surely its an in house business decision that would appear to be pretty straight forward.

Were they opposed internally? Was it just a a smokescreen for something political ?. Surely this was something they could all agree on. If not , why not? Does it possibly go deeper ? Is it just all bulldust ?

For me this paints a picture thats pretty hard to ignore the state of play. Love to hear other peoples thoughts on this doozy

2. voicefromthehill

voicefromthehill Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    I think it is simple good business. Tell the big boss of your concerns, at that stage it was simply concerns. In business you keep the people that need to know things in the loop, be it problem potential, perceived or real. You tell them what you are doing or what you can do so if something does go wrong the big boss already knows you have been "working on it".

Absolutely nothing worse being a manager and having the proverbial hit the fan and knowing nothing about it, only to find out that many of your people knew it was brewing for a while

While they could shut the door on him being part of the inner sanctum, they could not stop people associating with him in their down time

• Like Like x 1
  3. eagle66

eagle66 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +273 / 11
    I recall something about this previously and always wondered was this (at the time) another knife in Toovey's coaching career, an attempt to destabilise the team?
    At the moment,we can all guess and make the stories fit.

• Clever Clever x 1
  4. the mauler

the mauler Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,653 / 25
    It shows Penn and Co have NFI.
    They knew Foz was emotionally unstable, hanging out with so called undesirables and still threw the kitchen sink to keep him ahead of DCE.
    Mind blowing really.

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. HappilyManly

HappilyManly MWTS Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Freshwater
    Ratings:
    +11,498 / 254
    Exactly what I was pondering.
    Even as Fans, we picked up on Fiz's strange emotional intensity and dithering at decision making.
    Yet Manly chose him over Chez and pursued him, even after it was public knowledge that he signed elsrwhere.
    If anything, Manly would have added to his weird emotional state :confused:

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  6. skull61

skull61 Active Member

Ratings:
    +330 / 15
    I just wonder if this is all coming out now to lay at Toovey's feet that he is to blame for letting these guys in

7. voicefromthehill

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    No - it's because Kate MClymont is sniffing around an issue. Remove the tinfoil hat!

edit - full disclosure corrected error in name as highlighted below

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  8. skull61

skull61 Active Member

Ratings:
    +330 / 15
    Jacqueline Magnay? Thought she was long gone to London

9. voicefromthehill

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    Wrong female journalist sorry - Kate McClymont. Good to see you can use google

10. skull61

skull61 Active Member

Ratings:
    +330 / 15
    Didn't need to use Google mate but I suppose one female journalist is like any other eh

11. voicefromthehill

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    Yeah that's it - next you will trot out the overused misogynyst word won't you mate - eh.

You just readjust that tinfoil hat.

12. mozgrame

mozgrame Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +4,608 / 46
    Are you two talking about me in some sort of code??

:tinfoil:

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. winnyason

winnyason Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +508 / 37
    Yeah all this comes out our management look like idiots.
    Look at the path of watmough Glenn Stewart who toovs moved on and lost his job over. Look at how Lyon, matai and snake are performing wow.
    I would say Scott Penn has egg on his face following Fulton recruitment policy which so far has failed

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Dan

Dan Administrator Staff Member Administrator 2016 Tipping Competitor

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Ratings:
    +5,469 / 74
    The lengths some people go to to put the cross hairs on the Penns is incredible.

• Like Like x 3
  15. skull61

skull61 Active Member

Ratings:
    +330 / 15
    Yeah nah must be cabin fever on my part with all this rain apologies if any offence caused

• Like Like x 1
  16. voicefromthehill

Ratings:
    +1,235 / 9
    Haha - you're good, I don't mind a little bit of fun banter. You were of course right to point out my error

17. eaglebuzz

eaglebuzz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,023 / 77
    Just imagine if we HAD kept him, only to get out of him what Parra have this year - about 2 half decent games and a ton of issues for a million dollar per season investment. We'd be running dead last.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. skull61

skull61 Active Member

Ratings:
    +330 / 15
    No not really right I hate it when people get narky like that and I did exactly that when I knew who you were talking about

19. jbb/james

jbb/james Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +885 / 21
    Agree , when i wrote this i presumed the other owner and board or ceo had disregarded the penns ideas so they went to the nrl to distance themselves. Just a club ban would have also distanced themselves. For mine it appeared how crazy the non support of anything penn must have been in those days, even when it seemed a formality.

I was cool to see other peoples theories but i read the actions way different to most

Surely the whole club would have been in agreeance that it was a dumb move and the club should have acted swiftly, with unity

20. tookey

tookey Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +4,278 / 131
    The own the team, they recruited fulton and kelly re-hired peters and got rid of toovey

Not sure who else to blame