What bout the other tackle By Georgette Burgess

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
Everyone is talking about the tackle by Samantha Burgess but I really struggle to understand the priorities of the judiciary when you look at Georgettes cheap shot.

Every second week we see

1.blokes getting 5-10 weeks for lifting tackles that are often tackles that are unfortunate accidents due to ordinary techniques

2. tackles that unluckily slip up off the ball or the ball carrier ducks at the last minute and cops a high shot which result in multiple weeks where there is zero intent at illegal play.

THEN you see an intentional closed fist swinging arm to the head by Georgette which resulted in only a glancing blow as Gardiner ducked late and nothing at all happens! If that connected properly it was a broken jaw and severe concussion to a bloke half that divers size.

That was an intentional premeditated old fashion close fisted swinging arm and because Gardiner just manages to evade the full force Smith and Alexander and the refs ignore it. The bottom line was it was a brutal illegal shot WHICH DID CONNECT yet the bloke gets nothing because he doesn't get him good enough.If he connects flush it is 12 weeks. Its like having a pot shot at a bloke with a gun, winging him and not being charged with attempted murder-the logic is totally flawed.

We punish genuine accidents in this game and constantly ignore cheap shots every week because they don't maim anyone.Its a joke.

I was watching the game down my local last night and said to a bloke sitting next to me that he should cop something for that as the intent was there, He then proceeded to tell me I was kidding myself.

Gardiner doesn't duck he cops a pretty serious hit.

YEP.The problem is there is this general consensus that if you don't get the guy properly it doesn't matter.ITS CRAZY -we should be punishing blokes who intend to maim illegally but don't connect properly much more than high shots that do connect properly but have no real intent.If he had connected with that premeditated shot Gardiner would not have woken up,simple as that.And he DID connect slightly so they should charge him anyway even using their own flawed logic.

What about the hit on Sutton? Not even a penalty? Souths have had a dream run with the refs but I thought they were a bit hard done by with that one.

Im not whinging about this because it is the vermin involved.It simply has always amazed me for years that the major defining feature of an offence is whether you put the guy in hospital or not and the intent of the action is basically ignored if you don't get him flush.

The precedence was set long ago. Intent isn't a reportable offence, contact is. I have no problems with that TBH. If you continue with that intent every week then you will eventually make contact and suffer the consequences. We'd have a very busy MRC if every swinging arm, lashed out boot, cocked elbow or closed fist was reported.

only problem with that theory in this case is that he DID connect.So the fact that it was a glancing blow and not a hospital job means no report versus 12 weeks.Doesnt add up in my book.

I thought the sutton hit got put on report and it was a free interchange. Personally I think sutton took a dive (quite unbelievable for the pride of the league team!) Thought brandy was going to have a heart attack because then didn't get the firing squad out and shoot the shark's player. They banged on about him being concussed, what they fail to understand is that the guy is a dope and that is just his usual demeanor. souffs are def taking over from the tiger in the diving stakes.

MissKate said:
I thought the sutton hit got put on report and it was a free interchange. Personally I think sutton took a dive (quite unbelievable for the pride of the league team!) Thought brandy was going to have a heart attack because then didn't get the firing squad out and shoot the shark's player. They banged on about him being concussed, what they fail to understand is that the guy is a dope and that is just his usual demeanor. souffs are def taking over from the tiger in the diving stakes.

MissKate, I agree with you entirely. Well said.

Depends which team you play for remember.

Cronk can spear all he wants and not get punished because he is a QLD Origin player

Docker,Choc,Gallen etc are the tough guys.Ante up every week hitting hard,often and legally.

If cheap shot merchants like the Burgess sisters are the dickheads that you admire then call me a mincer every day of the week....whatever the f...ck a mincer is?

Thanks Global.

Notice how Samantha ended up out the back again after the melee last night.Me thinks he is the next Adrian Morley without the ammo to back it up.

He must, in fact, be a......... mincer!

when was the last game he didn't have a bit of a biff in, upstanding captain material there

What about Shillington's lazy arm into Skivvy's nose....no case to answer!!

Question for you all, how many weeks would Skivvy have got if it was his arm that hit Shillington???

My guess 8

Schillington.....not even charged.........PLEASE EXPLAIN

Tbh I think some of you are drawing a long bow calling Sam Burgess soft

He takes a lot of tough runs up the middle and was once again rated by his fellow players as the hardest hitter in the game this year

Can question if he has some filth in his game but there are a lot of forwards that do less of the tough work than him

MadMarcus said:
What about the hit on Sutton? Not even a penalty? Souths have had a dream run with the refs but I thought they were a bit hard done by with that one.
Shillington's high tackle on Matai set the precedence. Tackle on Sutton was similar so nothing done. It's origin time so many will get off as Cronk did, but once SOO is over, watch out.

Kiwi I didn't say he was soft.I said he was a grub and he couldn't hold his hands up in a blue.When he actually plays football he plays real tough but the other stuff is becoming much more common each week.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8