1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What a game

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by Kiwi Eagle, Apr 26, 2013.

1. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Will leave all the doom and gloom stuff for others to cover

That was an absolute ripper of a game ! Had everything you could want other than a Manly win. Great Defence, Big hits, Big runs from the stars, even a bit of knuckle ! Well done to both sides for putting that on, was quality entertainment

Souths were near flawless, you'd probably have to say they were up around 95% of their capacity, we played about 80% at best and that was the difference in the game.

That Symonds obstruction was bull****, and a huge moment in the game, but Souths deserved to leave that one with the points anyway I think

Looking forward to the next game between these 2 sides, should be a beauty

• Like Like x 1
  2. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,648 / 66
    Agree Kiwi - great game

Not sure about the Wolfman no try

If it is a penalty then why no penalty try? His contact was decisive in the try??

• Like Like x 1
  3. cava2323

cava2323 Active Member

Ratings:
    +147 / 1
    It was a penalty try , absolute bs

50/50s cost us.

Great game

4. Ron E. Gibbs

Ron E. Gibbs Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,437 / 12
    Pretty much like every NRL game I've seen this year: a good contest ruined by terrible refereeing. We didn't deserve the two points because we lacked composure in attack and made poor decisions, but some of the ref's decisions were equally baffling.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    They made the ruling early in the year that a shoulder charge wouldn't lead to a penalty try

Trying to think of the game in the early rounds where someone shoulder charged another player to stop a try, thinking it was Sandow or Merritt

6. lsz

lsz Well-Known Member Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +3,648 / 66
    Then it makes sense

Still a weird ruling though. You could get suspended for it but it would not be a penalty ?

7. The Eagle Has Landed

The Eagle Has Landed Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +439 / 7
    Great game but for the ref's blowing the pea out of the whistle

8. Kiwi Eagle

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Steve Lyons just posted on Rose's Facebook that refs were told at the start of the season that under no circumstances would a penalty try be awarded from a shoulder charge, even though that goes against the rule book

9. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,085 / 27
    We got beaten fair and square.

You can't honestly say we were the better side. It was close, but we were second best tonight.

There's no way Wolfie's "try" should have been awarded. Symonds no try was a try. Matt just standing there made it look worse than it was.

Frustrating but move on. The boys had a red hot go which is all we can ask.

10. Cletus

Cletus Active Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    Wasn't happy about the refs but we really should have taken our chances in the first half. We had plenty but they just didn't bounce the right way and Taufua ran away from his support. Anyway it was a great game and I was very happy with the effort.

11. Clint

Clint . Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,658 / 14
    This. They had very little control imo.

12. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,470 / 80
    What a let down that was. We need a new stadium. Brookie can't cater for 20k

Wish I'd stayed at home and watched it on tv.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    Jerry, Jerry, Jerry!! No, No, No!

14. Pepi

Pepi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +318 / 20
    Stay home next time Jerry

15. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,470 / 80
    Getting old mate - standing on the hill with just enough room to twiddle my toes with some bunnies Sheila screaming in my ear put a damper on things. Not much chance of getting a beer and some food either.

16. Pepi

Pepi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +318 / 20
    Old yes but does the job.. Thought there was a disappointing turn out from soufs fans

17. Jerry1

Jerry1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,470 / 80
    Would have all been worthwhile if we'd won though.

18. Pittwater Legend

Pittwater Legend Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +780 / 28
    Souths played better in the first half but only managed the penalty goal. We broke the line more often but were outscored. I felt slightly ill when we didn't capitalize on the excellent line break made by Taufua early on and I had a feeling it would cost us.

Loved seeing Matai get one over George Burgess and then another over that cat Sam shortly after. The Burgess boys were harmless tonight.

19. MWSE

MWSE Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +335 / 2
    Kite had a shocker and most of our attacking options were poor.

I can't say that Souths played better but the opening 5 mins in the second half cost us the game through poor defence and discipline.

20. Darren

Darren Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +507 / 20
    We looked rattled and started fighting and soon as we do that, we always lose. Remember the Storm 1st GF we tried the big hits. Boys tried hard but beten by a younger, faster, more willing team who wanted it more. Manly old boys fought and Souffs just wanted to play. Maguire is a great coach keeping his boys in check in front of a packed house. Our million dollar halves were outplayed by Reynolds and co. Lyon isn't doing it as well this year. Tom Symonds continues to kill it and Horo was really strong.