1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What a boring game

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by NYEagle, May 2, 2010.

1. NYEagle

NYEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,154 / 69
    Let me qualify first by saying great win, please with Manlys discipline and I just love the way Manly are going about this season. The team is committed, the workload very well shared, and very patient with the new halves who will evolve into a long-term pairing for Manly to be proud of.

But what a boring game.........

Very few breaks in the midfield.
    Most tries near the line or from kicks.
    Not a whole lot of skill.
    Lots of breaks in play.
    No tension.

This game had no excitement whatsoever, but a win is a win!.

Can't wiat till Wolfman gets back so we can send Williams back to Liverpool.

2. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    What is Williams meant to have done wrong today ?

3. Garts

Garts Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +672 / 18
    I do not get the T Williams hate.  Hardly put a foot wrong in the last month or so. 

4. DSM5

DSM5 Well-Known Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    Big Tony went very well.  Carted the ball up, no dropsys and made his tackles.  I can't see a problem with his game, except I'd like some more speed.  Apart from the dropped ball Farrar went good too.  Lyon is magnificent.  I thought the game was excellent.   

5. Kiwi Eagle

Kiwi Eagle Moderator Staff Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +2,425 / 31
    Tony did make 1 bad drop that I think ended up in them scoring at 1 point but other than that was fine

6. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    No I can't either. I could understand the feelings against him last year but not this year.

7. nita

nita Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    He's going okay, but i don't think he's playing anywhere near his potential. He still doesn't cart the ball up as hard as he could imo

8. NYEagle

NYEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,154 / 69
    I think T Williams will do fine off the bench. Even though he is playing ok I still think he is lazy and does not show the commitment to be a regular top grader, and there certainly is no-one else in the team you could possibly drop when Wolfman comes back.

Who else could you drop?.

9. DSM5

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    No-one, David Williams can come back via the Qld Cup.  He was poor at the back end last year and should have to prove he's up to it.

10. Utility Player

Utility Player Well-Known Member

Lismore
    Ratings:
    +456 / 4
    The only problem with T-Rex of late is sometimes when he gets the ball for a kick return he is passing it to Farrar to take the run rather than taking on the line himself.

11. DSM5

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I can't figure why anyone would call yesterdays game 'boring'.  We had great control for most of it, and that's great to see.  A big score by us which is great.  A bit of a nailbiter at the end.  All good stuff.  If you come to the game you can sit and sing along with true diehards and let off plenty of steam.  Fantastic atmosphere sitting amongst the travellers.  Never boring.  Must sign up and learn the songs.

12. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,767 / 72
    I have to agree DSM, listening on radio then watching on TV I didnt find it boring

13. Rodo

Rodo Goldmember 2016 Tipping Competitor

Southern Sydney
    Ratings:
    +484 / 14
    One thing I noticed with T-Rex was that a few times when he took the ball up there were 3 or 4 guys trying to tackle him.  Obviously the opposition think he's big and hard to stop if this many are trying to tackle him.  Because of the attention he attracts, I think he needs to develop an off load and have some runners close to him for the holes that open up with this many people trying to bring him down.

14. Spuds Bodyguard

Spuds Bodyguard Active Member

Taree, New South Wales
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0
    I would love to sit T-Rex down with a video of Jonah Lomu and show him the kind of impact that a big man out on the flanks could have. Although he has been solid, a bit more venom in his runs would be awesome to watch.

15. KaZa

KaZa Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 20
    He is young.. look at the Lyons try... off his offload.. he will get better

16. eggson

eggson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 2
    I think T Rex has more ballplaying ability than Wolfman and that helps in his combo with Lyon and Stewart.  Just needs that speed up. 
    I don't think he deserves to get dropped even to the bench but if Wolfman had to start in the wing then Tony to the bench and bye bye Bailey, i'd be ok with that.

17. Fluffy

Fluffy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +3,625 / 132
    Id love to have those yawnion guys defending against any of our guys, bring back nuemann if thats the case

18. DSM5

Ratings:
    +516 / 0
    I'd be careful to try to coach an offload in Big T.  Just get him to run hard and crash through first.  Off-loading in traffic with guys hanging off you can lead to dangerous situations, just ask Cuthbo. 

19. The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,767 / 72
    Are you alright today DSM - your starting to make sense.

20. Jethro

Jethro This space is for rent Staff Member Premium Member 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +1,897 / 7
    You are right Rodo and I said the same thing in another thread either last week or the week before.